MAGFest 2018 January 4-7th

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
zakk

Re: MAGFest 2018 January 4-7th

Post by zakk »

In my experience it's a bit ummm "fluid". My Garegga board ran most of the weekend last year.

I'm not sure if there's some "this is getting played a bunch, I'll leave it in" going on, or if it's more related to amount of beer consumed ;)

Zerst wrote:How set is that PCB schedule? Asking for a friend who thinks Raizing games are more fun than CAVE.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

JBroms wrote:
StarCreator wrote:Just to put the info out here to make it easier to organize: KevinDDR is bringing his Capcom JVS IO, so there is no longer a limitation on which cabs the TypeX can be put into.
If that's the case, I can offer another Type-X.
I don't know if I put it on the list last year (We used TGM3 and Trouble Witches AC from my Type-X) but I do also own a legit copy of KOF98 Ultimate Match for the Type-X. If we're running two I think it'd be a good game to put out.
As it turns out, my Type X was accidentally left behind. Did you bring yours?
zakk

Post by zakk »

I suspect I won't be arriving until evening, I'll swing by and drop off my boards then.
JBroms

Post by JBroms »

StarCreator wrote:
JBroms wrote:
StarCreator wrote:Just to put the info out here to make it easier to organize: KevinDDR is bringing his Capcom JVS IO, so there is no longer a limitation on which cabs the TypeX can be put into.
If that's the case, I can offer another Type-X.
I don't know if I put it on the list last year (We used TGM3 and Trouble Witches AC from my Type-X) but I do also own a legit copy of KOF98 Ultimate Match for the Type-X. If we're running two I think it'd be a good game to put out.
As it turns out, my Type X was accidentally left behind. Did you bring yours?
Unfortunately, I didn't.
majors

Post by majors »

Zerst wrote:How set is that PCB schedule? Asking for a friend who thinks Raizing games are more fun than CAVE.
I whip up a schedule based on what PCBs are offered. Then forum members give their input. I'm not as knowledgeable as the others, so I rely on you all.

The schedule was created to avoid conflicts that occurred in prior years(ppl getting butt hurt their games not being put in). But with that being said, I'm not a Nazi and go with the flow of what the fans want to play.
Wedoca '24
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

It was great getting to see you all, chat and hang out. As usual, lots of fun and exhausting as hell!
zakk

Post by zakk »

Magfest summary:

majors

Post by majors »

Another success! I'd like to thank all of you for making my little dream happen. We did get off schedule, but maybe next year we plan for one PCB per day for each cab and just increase the virt oriented cabs that I bring :)

If getting refunds for your badges for bringing boards works, we can do that next year.

I like to keep the discussion here because other can see it instead of some fb/social media shit. I know some of you(looking at you Zakk) do not check here as much nowadays so might have to plan even earlier for 2019.
Wedoca '24