MD/DC/VA Spring 2017 Shmupmeet - June 24

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
StarCreator

MD/DC/VA Spring 2017 Shmupmeet - June 24

Post by StarCreator »

Figure we're hitting about the three month mark, so we should start looking into another meet. I'm free to host again if people are fine with how the last one went. I've gotten another display (a 29" PVM that has returned to my possession after a few years away) though I'm not certain we necessarily need it above what is already in the rec room.

My calendar looks pretty clear from the second weekend of June onward. What date works for people?
Last edited by StarCreator on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kiken

Re: MD/DC/VA Spring 2017 Shmupmeet - June ?

Post by Kiken »

I guess we should consider either the 17th or the 24th then. See which one is more open for folks.
StarCreator

Re: MD/DC/VA Spring 2017 Shmupmeet - June ?

Post by StarCreator »

I just realized Awesomecon falls on the weekend of the 17th. It wasn't on my calendar because I hadn't decided if I wanted to try to go. Either way, might be better to avoid that weekend. How is the 24th for everyone?
StarCreator

Re: MD/DC/VA Spring 2017 Shmupmeet - June 24?

Post by StarCreator »

Haven't heard from anyone other than Kiken. Is this not a good time?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

We're fine with the 24th.. guess it's up to what's on everyone else's schedules.
zakk

Post by zakk »

24th should be ok for me too
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

It might be a bit boring unless we have a lot of people off-forum coming in but I'll make sure I'm ready for a meet on the 24th regardless. I just need to grind out some more deaths in Dangun Feveron unless people don't care about it not being on free play.

Also changing the wiring on the console cabs so I don't have to open the control panel to hit the PS button anymore.

I'm still not set up for capturing PCBs either. Oops.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

If you really wanted to capture from PCBs, I could bring my SuperGun and we could run them on that 32 inch tate behemoth. Just give me warning since I'll have to bring the S-Video booster as well as the DVR again (to upscale), unless Zakk wants to bring one of his higher-end scalers.
Kiken

Re: MD/DC/VA Spring 2017 Shmupmeet - June 24

Post by Kiken »

We still on for this Saturday, right?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Yep! Was about to post a reminder, actually.

Was also sort of thinking we haven't done Indian in a while. That Indian place we went to many meets back is close by, right?

By the way, parking across the street is probably the best bet. Seems most of those houses are in the process of being sold, so I never see those spots taken up.

As for streaming, it's really whatever people feel up to bringing and setting up. I really wish I had free time to set up some real streaming stuff of my own (I have a gigabit internet connection now so I can do allll the streams) but it might be a ways off as my wallet recovers from all the expenses that have added up since moving.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

See you guys tomorrow! I'll be ready for people by 1pm but if for some reason you'd like to come earlier I'll be here all day.

For those of you coming back: the garage is going to remain closed this time because hot and I am hopefully making better use of that space if I need block off that door. With that it would be best not to park in the driveway, b but there's plenty of parking across the street or on the side street.
seraph

Post by seraph »

When does this lil party end? Can I show up later, like...... 6-7-ish?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

seraph wrote:When does this lil party end? Can I show up later, like...... 6-7-ish?
We usually head out for dinner but come back for a little more afterward. Most people don't start heading home until midnight-ish typically. If you have a time in mind we can try to make sure we'll be here then!
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

We stepped out. Probably back around 10.

EDIT: and that's a wrap. Thanks for coming everyone!
Needmoarbombs

Post by Needmoarbombs »

hi everyone, kinda bummed I missed this. I'm from Baltimore, MD and was wondering how often do you guys set these meets up.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

We seem to have settled on about once every three months on average. Our meets are in Montgomery County.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

By the way, the PCBs I have left that I'm trying to sell are: Ibara, Dragon Blaze, and Tatsujin. So on the off chance anyone in the area is interested in one of those, let me know. Otherwise I'll just put them up in the selling forum.