Retrospelsmässan gothenburg april 29!!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
sven666

Retrospelsmässan gothenburg april 29!!

Post by sven666 »

So im hosting retrospelsmässan this year, new much bigger venue and tons of fun and games!
Looking at +20 arcades and +20 pinballs as well as most consoles.
coupled with the biggest retro gaming market in northern Europe and tons of stuff to do.

shmup wise not sure what will be available but skycurser will probably do its swedish debut!

Www.retrospelsmassan.se

See you there!
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Sumez

Re: Retrospelsmässan gothenburg april 29!!

Post by Sumez »

If it doesn't clash with anything else yet again, and I can find someone to hitch a ride with, I'll probably show up.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

take the train? its well worth it :)
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Well then, looks like I'm going. Seems like there's a vacant seat in a car going there, only awaiting final confirmation.
(Taking the train there is super expensive for some reason)

Judging by the heated activity in this thread I'm expecting to be able to run into most shmups11.org-users around there!
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Hope to say hi to everyone.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Glad to hear it!, im sure youll meet several shmups forum members just most are lurking..
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Damn, since I couldn't confirm my trip until today, almost every hotel was sold out. Managed to find one at a decent price, but it's located ~6km from the venue.

How's the public transportation in the city? Can I pay on the bus/tram, or do you need some sort of stamping card? I recall that part being annoyingly complex in Helsingborg when you're not a local.
And how late do they run, in case I end up going out and getting embarassingly wasted Saturday night? :3

edit: Nice, just saw there's a Tetris competition! Count on finding me there, even though I'm absolutely terrible at VS and SNES Tetris (aka ridiculous randomizer-mode) :D

edit2: Bonus question. Will there be free wi-fi at the event? I'm gonna see if I can set up Swish on my phone before going, but it's not much use if I can't be online.
edit3: Christ, apparently Swish is completely closed off from anyone outside Sweden, as you need to identify with a Swedish bank account to use it. I'd assume it just used credit card transfers similar to MobilePay. My bank account is even a Nordea account, which to my knowledge is a Swedish company. This stuff is supposed to make paying simple, why did they have to make it so complicated.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

public transport in gothenburg is great, runs all the time too.. only thing is its impossible to pay :P which is why most people just skip that part..

there is free wifi at the event, if you cant get swish going then cash is fine or some sellers take credit cards also.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I'll have to go with cash it seem, just kinda sucks when I don't know if I'll end up spending 50 or 3000 SEK at the event. :(
Sorry for bomberding you with questions like this, really, but do you know if there's an ATM at the venue?
sven666

Post by sven666 »

sadly there is no atm at the venue, the closest one is about 5min walk away..
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

I'll be there too. Come and say hi. :)
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

On the train!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Just arrived at set up the booth! Looking forward to tomorrow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTceNxJAsDF/

Now we're looking for a place to get wasted
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

The only schump here is Skucurser
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Had a great time there. Lots of great and friendly people, and the event itself came across as very sympathetic. Have a lot of stuff to say about my experiences there, but I'm not sure anyone cares, so here's a gallery of my images instead:

http://imgur.com/a/stnZu
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Cardboard candy cabs. 8)
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
sven666

Post by sven666 »

great pics sumez, ok if i share them to our FB feed?

thanx for coming and hope you had a great day :)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

sven666 wrote:great pics sumez, ok if i share them to our FB feed?
Go right ahead!
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Xyga wrote:Cardboard candy cabs. 8)
Those were amazing! Apparently some local indie devs had a "retro" gamejam right up until the event, where they created retro inspired games with a banana theme, and built them all into ghetto cabs made from banana boxes. A lot of the games looked very funny. I played a very "vaporwave" take on Donkey Kong Country with clear references to They Live. Laughed my ass off several places throughout it. Another guy had made a ghetto Virtua Boy instead of a cab, played with modern VR goggles built into a huge cardboard box, with dark red graphics that looked completely like playing a real VB game.