Glasgow, Scotland

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Arino

Glasgow, Scotland

Post by Arino »

Anybody here from Glasgow or around? Would love to meet some shmuppers, fighting game players and people who share my taste of games in general (also puzzle games, retro and arcade games in general, I guess we all prefer similar stuff :wink: )
Last edited by Arino on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danbo

Re: Glasgow (Scotland)

Post by Danbo »

welcome to glasgow! i live in glasgow!! good username!!!!

i think there's one or two guys up in edinburgh, i visited a long long time ago and embarassed myself fully on their cabinets. don't really know whats happening there anymore

theres definitely fighting game events and such but i dont keep track of that kind of thing, outside of that theres a few "gaming cafes" like megabytes or max xp in the city center. weren't really my kind of thing if i'm honest

i doubt i'm in any position to host anything, sadly...
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

I'm here and some others, though those i speak to are more regularly on ukvac and j+ these days. theres a pinball league meeting this sunday in Cumbernauld, really sound people at that and a few of the shmup enthusiasts go to it also. its £5 a head to cover leccy and league fees can probably arrange a meet in town if you are interested in going. theres some other guys a bit further afield that regularly post on arcadeotaku as well
Arino

Post by Arino »

Nice to hear all that! So I literally just moved here ten days ago and since I came by plane, unfortunately I couldn't bring anything of my stuff except a few handhelds! So it would probably not make a lot of sense to meet at mine either.
I got absolutely no skill at all when it comes to pinball, would love to get more into it though.
Where shall we meet then?
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

need to get the what would have been the train (bus replacement) from queen st ill have a word with some people and find out a time probably about 12 or 1 id imagine
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

I will be in university of Stirling on 12th September
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

darius are you starting a BA or MA? and welcome to scotland

I'm going to set the time at 12.30-1pm at dows pub next to queen st station, ill have on an orange lacoste jacket and have long hair.

timetable says the train should leave at 1.07 and its one an hour so won't be hanging about if late
Arino

Post by Arino »

Wait wait wait wait wait. So that's tomorrow :shock: I'm gonna PM you guys, let's do this :D

Edit: can't make it tomorrow.
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

arino isn't going to go, and i started to rip out my bathroom today which i haven't finished so won't be able to attend either sorry folks the details are on ukvac and jamma+ in meetings and events if any lurkers were interested in going
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

jugemscloud wrote:darius are you starting a BA or MA? and welcome to scotland

I'm going to set the time at 12.30-1pm at dows pub next to queen st station, ill have on an orange lacoste jacket and have long hair.

timetable says the train should leave at 1.07 and its one an hour so won't be hanging about if late
MA.
Arino

Post by Arino »

:shock: :oops: Please hang out with us DKA and teach us how to play.
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

Arino wrote::shock: :oops: Please hang out with us DKA and teach us how to play.
:D What games? Actually I am very lazy now, busy for my study and other things, hardly ever play Shmups
Arino

Post by Arino »

DKA_Darius wrote:
Arino wrote: :shock: :oops: Please hang out with us DKA and teach us how to play.
:D What games?
All of them :wink: Yeah the studies keep me busy, too. But I would be free here and there, we just need to set time and place. Could you make it anytime soon Danbo Daxter and jugemscloud?

Good luck then with your first day tomorrow DKA, I hope you enjoy your stay.
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

Arino wrote:
DKA_Darius wrote:
Arino wrote: :shock: :oops: Please hang out with us DKA and teach us how to play.
:D What games?
All of them :wink: Yeah the studies keep me busy, too. But I would be free here and there, we just need to set time and place. Could you make it anytime soon Danbo Daxter and jugemscloud?

Good luck then with your first day tomorrow DKA, I hope you enjoy your stay.
I am free on Monday, Saturday and Sunday
Arino

Post by Arino »

Do you even know who DKA is? If he wants to hang out, one should really take advantage of the opportunity. Otherwise I will just meet him by myself.
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

hey sorry for not getting back to people, been busy with flat renovations and uni prep.

i can't do next weekend as I'm working 2-10, but the weekend after is good, otherwise megabytes is 2 minutes from my studio space at uni (I'm at the art school but down at the trongate) so can do an evening meet.

also i can bring a pcb or 2 to see if they'll swap whats in the cabs at mega
Last edited by jugemscloud on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arino

Post by Arino »

Wow thank you, that sounds great!!! Sorry I didn't mean to be rude though (thought of that when I just read my own post again :D ).
Arino

Post by Arino »

jugemscloud just let us know when it suits you. I am at Megabytes quite often at the moment when I am in the area, mostly because it's fun to play vanilla SF2 for free on cab against others and to get to know some people. I will ask them if they would swap the pcbs to make sure you don't bring them for nothing.
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

I can definitely do next Saturday if people are up for meeting then. Arino and DKA do you have a preference for a pcb or two you would like me to bring.
Last edited by jugemscloud on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

jugemscloud wrote:I can definitely do next Saturday if people are up for meeting then. Arino and DKA do you have a preference for a pcb or two you would like me to bring.

toaplan stuff of the top of my head is - rally bike, flying shark, twin cobra, outzone, vimana, tatsujin-oh, batsugun, snow bros 2
The game I prefer is striker 1945 iii, ikaruga, radien IV, Dodonpachi DFK. Actually I don't know how to play toaplan's games, but it is ok if you bring these for us. I have my own labtop as well, I can offer DBACEX and CCWI.
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

edit
Arino

Post by Arino »

What you own... I'm speechless. I will be free on Saturday then for sure!

I will stop by at MB on Tuesday or Wednesday and ask then if they would plug in one of your boards on Saturday. But even if so, I doubt they would tate the screen! So we would have to go for a game in yoko then. They should have Ikaruga though on GC. Also they are only open until 8pm so we should meet early.
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

dodonpachi and garegga are also good.
I am not free on this Sunday, I will be attend a field trip on this Sunday, Saturday and Friday is available for me.
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

ill check in as well myself to see what the situation is, not much point in taking stuff if its gonna be stuck on yoko and my super guns are crap that run with pads.

saturday about 2ish? how does that sound
Arino

Post by Arino »

twinkle star sprites would be lotsa fun!

edit: I'd love to play puzzle bobble 2 as well (wanna play them all but one or two games should be enough for that meeting!)
Arino

Post by Arino »

So are we meeting on Saturday at 2 at MB?
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

yeah thats good for me
Arino

Post by Arino »

nice!! are you coming too DKA? address is

169 Howard St, Glasgow G1 4HF

:)
DKA_Darius

Post by DKA_Darius »

Saturday, 14:00 , at G1 4HF? I am willing to be there
jugemscloud

Post by jugemscloud »

yeah the place is called megabytes (cafe) I'm going to be passing through central station my train gets in at 2pm so if its easier i can get you there under the big clock