MAGFest 2017 (Jan 5th - 8th)

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Strider77

Re: MAGFest 2017 (Jan 5th - 8th)

Post by Strider77 »

Here are some of mine:

Mushihimesama
Mushihimesama Futari Black Label
Muchi Pork
Ibara Black Label
Guwange
Batrider
Dogyuun
Out zone
Osman
ESPrade
Feveron

Let me know any wants or redundancies.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
majors

Post by majors »

Damn, we got a lot of boards.

Quick recap:

Majors: Dragon Saber, Thunderforce AC, ProGear (Darksoft)
zakk: Armed Police Batrider, Battle Garegga, Brave Blade, Cyvern, Dangun Feveron, DDP2, Doggyun, Espgaluda 2, Esprade, Gigawing, Gunbird 2, Ibara Kuro, Ketsui, Pink Sweets, Progear, Raiden II DX, Star Trigon, Tatsujin, Vasara, Vasara 2
KevinDDR: Ketsui, Battle Garegga, TGM1/2/3, Blockout, Radiant Silvergun, Puyo Puyo Sun
Kiken: ESPGaluda II, Pink Sweets, Mushihimesama Futari ver 1.5
ratikal: Battle Garegga, Dodonpachi Daioujou, TGM2, Gunbird 2, RayStorm, Metal Black, Darius Gaiden
dOs: Do Don Pachi, Mahou Daisakusen, Vasara, Vapor Trail
Starcreator: Elevator Action Returns, Puzzle Bobble, Mr Driller G, Espgaluda, Esprade, Espgaluda 2, Progear, TGM3 (tent.)
hanasu: Nemesis, Twin Cobra, Donpachi, Dimahoo, Commando, 1943, Sky Shark, Progear
JBroms: Raiden 3, Raiden 4, Giga Wing Generations, Trouble Witches AC, Chaos Breaker, Homura, TGM3
Strider77: Mushihimesama, Mushihimesama Futari Black Label, Muchi Pork, Ibara Black Label, Guwange, Batrider, Dogyuun, Out zone, Osman, ESPrade, Feveron

Bold titles are ones I think we should run...remember, I'm not uber STG guy, so chime in if these boards are weak or should be replaced. We have finite time and cabs. I only plan to swap games twice a day plus not all cabs are tate. We should have 4 cabs with at least 2 tate, plus a 4-slut MVS.

If the quote is too hard to read, here is my suggested list(in no order):
Dragon Saber
ProGear
Armed Police Batrider
Battle Garegga
Ibara Kuro
Radiant Silvergun
ESPGaluda II
Metal Black
Mahou Daisakusen
Espgaluda
Esprade
Nemesis
Trouble Witches AC
Mushihimesama Futari BL
Guwange
Osman (b/c strider77 would have a fit if he can't play his Mitchell board)
(some TGM board)

JBroms -> Is Witches PC based hardware? JVS or JAMMA? I have a hi-rez hori cab that should work peaches.
Katz -> Sorry, no Parodius as of yet.
Star -> We have a Elevator already running on one of NeoMegaShock's cabs.
tetris ppl -> I know you guys are finicky on sticks, all I have is JLF's. You'all need to decide what TGM to bring, we can run it on a hori cab.

REMEMBER!!!! I'm not trying to be a dicktator or something, but we need some order to avoid the crap fest that was a few years ago. We want cream here, no 2nd tier shit. If we had more cabs to use, it would make it easier but we do not. I do not believe Arcade Impact or NeoMegaShock want to bother running forum members boards and keeping track of them. The two other candy guys(Snead and Thorson) are hard to pre-plan with, plus they have their own boards to run.

On a side note, arcade is in expo hall D this year, but the candy cabs will be near the front in the middle aisle like last year. Do we want the shmups on the front or rear side(like last year)?

[edit: Added Mahou Daisakusen]
Last edited by majors on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

We can leave TGM3 out of my list; mine still has problems and it is being brought by someone else now. I'll need to poke Yes Boss to make sure use of his Espgaluda is kosher too.

Definitely feel TGM is justified a longer presence separate from the STG planning. I'm told a lot of really high level players are coming this year, and it is still good fun for the non-pros.
JBroms

Post by JBroms »

Trouble Witches is on the Taito Type X, which is JVS. It is horizontal.

TGM2+ is generally the board that we offer for events, as it is the most well-liked out of the series. It's a standard horizontal JAMMA game with cool features like doubles mode and item mode, as well as Master and Death modes for more serious players, and a Normal mode for casual players. JLF's are the perfect stick for tgm. It does require setting the sticks to 4-way but that's an incredibly simple process for those that know what they're doing, you just rotate the inner part of the gate by 45 degrees.

TGM3 also is a Taito Type X game, if you wanted to switch it off with trouble witches for a period.

Edit: If there's a 4 slot MVS, I also happen to own a Windjammers cart. It can be particular about the cart seating but it does work.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I believe I should have a JVS to JAMMA bridge if it's needed, but I haven't had time to test it.
majors

Post by majors »

JBroms wrote:Trouble Witches is on the Taito Type X, which is JVS. It is horizontal.
Then we are set to run Witches on a Blast that actually has working hi-rez, I'll bring an I/O since it's a JAMMA cab.
JBroms wrote: TGM2+ is generally the board that we offer for events...It does require setting the sticks to 4-way
Perfect, I'll schedule TGM2+ on the spreadsheet and plan for it to have a longer presence in the arcade.
JBroms wrote: Edit: If there's a 4 slot MVS, I also happen to own a Windjammers cart. It can be particular about the cart seating but it does work.
I have a 'Jammers and with the Sony announcement I feel there will be a larger turnout for the tournament. Since an MVS cart is easy to bring, I say tote it along in case we need more carts. It will not be running it on the MVS since we'll have 4-5 Neo big reds they normally have it running. Buffett overseas the cab tourney's and usually uses my cart, but having a extra Windjammers cannot hurt.

I'mma add dOs's Mahou Daisakusen to the tent list also.
Wedoca '24
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Metal Black requires -5v for the sound to work. However, I can just bring my RECO PCB with Negatron to solve that issue. It also comes with the bonus of autofire. :D
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

Hey don't forget that Gradius 4 works now, and Kevin has volunteered to drag it :P
d0s

Post by d0s »

Spoiler
I've added a few more boards, figured I'd write out a list of stuff I have here instead of that klov link:

Shooting
Aerofighters
Aerofighters 2
Blazing Star
Break Thru
Dodonpachi
Heavy Unit
Mahou Daisakusen
Metal Slug 2
Raiden
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
Sky Shark
Thunder Dragon
Turbo Force
Twin Cobra
Vapor Trail
Vasara

Other (excluding fighters)
V'Ball
Great 1000 Mile Rally
Lethal Crash Race
Magical Drop III
Rally Bike
Road Fighter
Super Dodge Ball

It's not a shmup but I think it would be pretty cool to run Lethal Crash Race, it's a neat racing game by Video System (aerofighters guys) that I don't think people see in an arcade context much.

edit: Also I think the choice of Vapor Trail from my list is kind of weak. I personally like that game but I don't think many people would be excited to play it. I would replace it with Thunder Dragon or something. I would definitely like to see Vasara run though, it's not particularly well known but unique and fun

edit2: I should mention that I'll be driving so I can bring a lot of things
EDIT3: I totally misread the thread/lists and just saw the stuff about limited space etc. I'll just bring Mahou unless there's something else people really want from my list
majors

Post by majors »

dieKatze88 wrote:Hey don't forget that Gradius 4 works now, and Kevin has volunteered to drag it :P
Gotcha, I needed more hori's. I'll add it to my master list, soon I'll have a tent plan for everyone to discuss. Right now I have a pre-prelim:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Wedoca '24
hanasu

Post by hanasu »

I can bring plenty of Neo carts as well if necessary.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I do actually have explicit permission to bring Espgaluda now, since it was a board I was earmarked for.

Customary reminder that Esprade doesn't have a free play mode and only holds 9 credits at a time.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

I think Zakk should bring Garegga since he is local and also he has special roms on his PCB I believe. Unless I can get the roms loaded in time.
majors

Post by majors »

hanasu wrote:I can bring plenty of Neo carts as well if necessary.
The Neo 4-slut is kinda open game, I'm not planning to do much for it other than Blazing, Last Resort and Kikens' Zed. Other cab folks at MAG will have Windjammers and MD3 running, along with other randoms.
ratikal wrote:I think Zakk should bring Garegga since he is local and also he has special roms on his PCB I believe.
Makes sense to me, avoid possible travel damage for folks flying. I wanted to spread out the PCBs across folks, but if locals are cool with bringing the brute of boards, so be it. Remember, I do not know where most of you guys are coming from(and hell, I'll prolly do not even know your names b/c of, well, I'm pissed most of the show)

Quick and dirty thoughts right now:

Code: Select all

+-Thursday AM--+-Thursday PM-+-Friday AM---+-Friday PM--+-Saturday AM-+-Saturday PM-+-Sunday AM--+
NAC      | Saber        | Espgaluda   | ESPGaluda II| Guwange    | Pink Sweets | Ibara BL    | Saber
Blast #2 | Daioujou     | Batrider    | ESP Ra.De.  | Garegga    | Futari BL   | Muchi Pork  | DoDon2
Impress  | ProGear      | Sexu Paro.  | Gradius 4   | Metal Black| R. Silvergun| Osman       | ProGear 
Blast #1 | Thunderforce |             | TGM2+       | TGM2+      |             |             | Thunderforce
Naomi #2 | Fate(fighter)|             | Witches     | Witches    | TGM3        | TGM3        | Fate
Astro 2  |                          (MVS) Blazing Star/Last Resort/Zed Blade/others					
majors Dragon Saber, ProGear, DoDon2, TF:AC, Dimahoo, Sexy Parodius
zakk Armed Police Batrider, Ketsui , Battle Garegga
KevinDDR Radiant Silvergun, Gradius 4
kiken ESPGaluda II, Zed Blade, Pink Sweets
ratikal Metal Black, Dodonpachi Daioujou
Starcreator Espgaluda, ESP Ra.De.
jbroms Trouble Witches AC
strider77 Mushihimesama Futari BL, Guwange, Osman, Ibara BL, Muchi Pork
jbroms TGM2+

dOs Mahou Daisakusen<- not gonna make it
hanasu Nemesis<-not gonna make it
Help me fill in the blanks! We can run some boards longer, or add others. I only put my shit on the beginning and end just in case folks are late arriving or leave early, i.e. filler games. I do not plan to rotate any monitors, but I can switch the Impress over to 24hz for Gradius.
Last edited by majors on Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Wedoca '24
KevinDDR

Post by KevinDDR »

If JBroms is already bringing Trouble Witches it would be trivial for him to bring TGM3 to fill at least one of the Saturday slots for the horizontal Blast.
majors

Post by majors »

TGM3, done. Make sense to me.

I have a 1l6b CP we could put on one of the tates if players think that would be wanted. I know a certain Capcom fan on here does not like random attendees to join in when he is attempting a score attack.
Wedoca '24
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

Holy fuck am I going to go ham on Nemesis.
Phatnightmares

Post by Phatnightmares »

I'll be there all 4 days. Looking forward to the meet up :)
majors

Post by majors »

Slight change, my 4-slut Neo is acting up so I'm gonna run a JAMMA single slot MVS for Neo shooters. Should not hurt too much, not like there is THAT much hype for Pulstar, Zed Blade and Last Resort. I'll be at Ichiboncon this wknd running the cabs, so let's hope no new issues arise.
Wedoca '24
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Alrighty, we got a week to go! What's a good day for everyone to meet up and get some grub? I think Friday/Saturday would probably be the best day to go. As for time, maybe 4pm to 7pm? Any ideas?
hanasu

Post by hanasu »

I had some issues with the Nemesis board I was planning to iron out but it didn't happen in time. Call in a backup for my spot if you would.
d0s

Post by d0s »

It turns out I'm not going to be able to make it to MAGFest this year, I have too much other stuff going on and not enough money, so the spot for the game I was bringing is free
majors

Post by majors »

d0s wrote:It turns out I'm not going to be able to make it to MAGFest this year, I have too much other stuff going on and not enough money, so the spot for the game I was bringing is free
Sucks your gonna miss MAG...
hanasu wrote:I had some issues with the Nemesis board I was planning to iron out but it didn't happen in time. Call in a backup for my spot if you would.
#PCBlife You're just making me yearn even more, you cock-board tease.

I'll swap Mahou Daisakusen with Dimahoo, it's on the multi.

I'll swap Nemesis for Sexy Parodius.

If someone shows up with a board, we can replace the above. These are just boards I have and since it's so close, I'd hate to put it on others to make up the boards. Some folks are already at the Gaylord now (Sunday night) so they can unload cabs @ 9am.
Wedoca '24
majors

Post by majors »

Just so everyone is on the same page.

-Kiken will have Pink Sweets, so I'll ad that to the line up.

-I've asked Ratikal about bringing Dodonpachi Daioujou

-I'll ask Strider about Pork (Be cause I like big girls, with bigger boobs.)
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

All of the above I'm fully on board.

I arrive at MAGFest on Wednesday but because I'm in the middle of a move, I don't currently have access to all my PCBs. I only have the ones I'm already slated to bring... and a JROK multi-Williams board I got in the mail earlier this month, but I don't think I need to bring that.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I'm bringing Pork.... and Moonwalker (just for you Tony).
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
majors

Post by majors »

Strider77 wrote:I'm bringing Pork.... and Moonwalker (just for you Tony).
I've added Pork to the schedule. Too bad I do not have a 3 player CP for Moonwalker...prolly better to play it on the Genny :P
ratikal wrote:Alrighty, we got a week to go! What's a good day for everyone to meet up and get some grub? I think Friday/Saturday would probably be the best day to go. As for time, maybe 4pm to 7pm? Any ideas?
I've got dinner plans for Friday at some Korean chicken wing place 30 min away, but Saturday I believe is free for me. Of course, I'd want to goto a place with draft beer...no Cook out or fast food.

side note: I've changes the "Blast #3" for the TypeX from jbroms to a Naomi Universal. The CRT in the Naomi is better for hi-rez. It's pure JVS, so no I/O converters needed.
Wedoca '24
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I have all the T&A boards packed up... and so is Moonwalker.

destroythec0re

Post by destroythec0re »

Just registered to keep up to date here. Looking forward to some shmup-ing on Saturday and possibly Friday.
majors

Post by majors »

majors wrote:
ratikal wrote:Alrighty, we got a week to go! What's a good day for everyone to meet up and get some grub? I think Friday/Saturday would probably be the best day to go. As for time, maybe 4pm to 7pm? Any ideas?
I've got dinner plans for Friday at some Korean chicken wing place 30 min away, but Saturday I believe is free for me. Of course, I'd want to goto a place with draft beer...no Cook out or fast food.
My Friday dinner plans moved to Saturday...I'll see what you'all fools get into Friday night.
Wedoca '24