100 Mega Shock! Private arcade in Cologne, Germany

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Moonwalker

100 Mega Shock! Private arcade in Cologne, Germany

Post by Moonwalker »

I started establishing a private arcade this week close to my home. The idea is to have an arcade with a lounge to chill and play boardgames as well as a WH40K table. So I found a room close by Friday, which I directly took and have the first cab delivered already. It´s an Egret 2 still feeling lonely.

Some friends already joined the idea and we want to dedicate the arcade´s theme to the 80s/Cyberpunk atmosphere which is in perfect harmony with the flair of the room.

I will update the next steps accordingly. If anybody has ideas, wants to join a feels like a sponsor, every help is appreciated.

First step and still a long way to go. I await 4 NAC and 1 NCC from Ronnie in the next days and a good friend of mine supports me with a Killer Instinct 2 cab this year.

bob

Re: 100 Mega Shock! Private arcade in Cologne, Germany

Post by bob »

Nice cab you have there ;)

I look forward to see the room filled with cabs, games and awesome people!
Wish you all the best with this project :)
caincan

Post by caincan »

:shock: :mrgreen: it's weird & very cool to read this. and hope you can realize it really !

you need.. $$$ and $$$$$$. living in cyberpunk is a fast way to nowhere !

what a perfect setup on minimal costs would it need ?

min : . posters, wall frames of shibuya & some lifesize posters, blue pinkred & dark neons, some outrageous vast boardgames of Games workshop, a decent library of rpg (gurps & cybergeneration & cyberpunk) & novels

max : ..jack in and dive on... :twisted:

would suggest many small rows of 3-5 japanese cabinets + best STG pcbs + some styled gun games in the spirit (LA machineguns, ghost squad ), + 2 f-zero AX linked ! + the absolutely needed cyberpunk stylish arcade (Motor raid twin) + hot chicks in silver dress + many plasma tv setups w psychotic oavs/videoclips + wall of repros of weapons + a forlorn hope styled bar +sunken platforms + high tech custom bikes + unusual lifestyle guests (billy idol for sure in first !) + complete library & RPG on cyberpunk & wh40k & moarrr (but it's still soft, you can acceed this for 100k€, i keep some ideas for me or some billionnaires who wish hear more..) .. (the chaos heresy is waiting someone to try this in real earth, life is what we do or dare ! :idea: !!)

_____..
i'm hot about it.. because i expect doing that too in south france from a while (that took time & funds to raise goodness goods) ..(now is the time to get the nearly good place.. not easy!) . in about 200m2.. :roll: give life to a place to share fun & weirdness with wh40k vintage stuff + rpg (mainly cyberpunk (it's in the dna, i started playing in 1988..) , cthulhu, weird unusual style rpgs) +boardgames + arcades (~40) +pinballs (~15, judge dredd & starship troopers are perfect match for ambience !) + shrines of vintage eighties toys +displays lifesize figures & props (that's the cyber style & dark future i wished, so we built a lifesize terminator technoir, snake plissken, colonial aliens marine, Ucbs umbrella mercs, mad max punk will come :wink: give 1:1 size a chance, good for ambience ! ...) + retrogaming retrocomputing euro/jap + underground library + thematic bar & 50m2 (28 seats) private cinema +chillouts :|..

weird.. but my plans are as yours in big style.. some ICE must have brushed us :mrgreen:

from the pov of visual & ideas that would be ideal to reach. will try reupload a video i got on youtube. some futuristic FPS with green brownfield, landscaping, urbanex, invited with hi technology
Last edited by caincan on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:17 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

^ add enough hot waitresses to the formula and I might throw a million € or two in your project.

...when I'm rich! :wink:
Moonwalker wrote:Some friends already joined the idea and we want to dedicate the arcade´s theme to the 80s/Cyberpunk atmosphere which is in perfect harmony with the flair of the room.
You'll need a specific dress code for visitors then. :P
(most of them will probably have 80's style in their DNA anyway, so it' not much effort, except maybe in regards to hairstyles, though vokuhila isn't cyberpunk so there's no reason to be afraid either)
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Moonwalker

Post by Moonwalker »

Thanks Bob, you already helped the project become reality. :)

Yeah caincan, actually we have most of your minimal needs planned and covered. Would need more space to put in more cabs then I have already, but when I see an Outrun or Rave/Ridge Racer cab or a nice gun cab I will not hesitate. Great joy to read your post!

Tell me when your got rich Xyga, I will assemble a fine selection of world class waitresses.

So, here the update.

We got the electricity working, put in the first decoration light and tried out the Egret2.

Great cab, great fun!

Just in time before the weekend the other cabs arrived safely.

Time to arrange.

Got in some chairs, beers and snacks and partied the whole weekend.

A Killer Instinct 2 cab will be coming soon which will be fed with Killer Intinct 2, MK 1 and MK 2.

As for the room itself planning is going on nicely and we hope to finish some thing this week. I will leave for holiday on Friday so it will still take some time.
Moonwalker

Post by Moonwalker »

Sorry for the late update, but the last time was quite busy...

We decided to put a carpet in since I found a really cheap solution. We now also have sofas, table, CRT, stools and so on. Noise reduction is also done. Next step is decoration and more light. Still need to take some good pictures...

Three cabs are open for repair right now, since the chassis have to be replaced/repaired. Worked a lot on the cabs to get them clean, changed sticks, buttons, neon bulb, made kick harbesses and so on. It´s going on nicely and getting comfy.

JackieHarris

Post by JackieHarris »

Looks awesome! I like the style. Always good to see a new arcade coming together somewhere :)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

:O~~~~~~~
Moonwalker

Post by Moonwalker »

Moonwalker

Post by Moonwalker »

Finally all the cabs are working again!
Now we have only small things to add like decoration and stuff. There are some minor repairs for the cabs left as well. Will update soon :)

Moonwalker

Post by Moonwalker »

Next steps done! Coin mechs and coin slots modified to take the Sega coins, locks for the coin doors installed on the NACs. Hifi and Mega Drive installed, exchanged furniture and cleaned up the tv wall. Almost there, only things to do now are getting and installing the SNES and scart switch. Exchanging the flyers on the wall since most of them are placeholders, getting 2 more movieposters (Robocop and Terminator) and some light for the roboladies.

caincan

Post by caincan »

there are more cyberpunk looks for michael jackson. (in the silver suit, it would sound more "chrome")..

sure it's a hard matter to tune & feel cyberpunk , in posters sure some movies & oav have great looks & ideas : terminator1, hardware mk13, Gabimaru from cyber city oedo 808, ...

but the worst error imo, would be a poster or props of "Daft punk" :? .. Cyberpunk is the attitude, rough, raw, dark, mean, but not sweet

tokyopunchout did this small area, sounds great, but it's not too total cyberpunk (because of much bright colors)