Shmup meet Scotland [Edinburgh]

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
jeffmadriaga

Shmup meet Scotland [Edinburgh]

Post by jeffmadriaga »

Hi all, been lurking on the boards a quite a while and a member for ages but have settled in Edinburgh now and wondered if there were any Shmup fans around Scotland and close to Edinburgh?

Mostly keen or Cave, Treasure, Raizing, Taito stuff and various other things. Quite lucky to have been into this when Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga were relativity unheard of and bought them for under 30 each :D Try to play a bit of Touhou and indie stuff on PC /Steam. Have quite a few consoles for my collection and superplay DVDs.

Just wanted to make a call out to those in Scotland as it seems under represented here :D
JackieHarris

Re: Shmup meet Scotland [Edinburgh]

Post by JackieHarris »

Just noticed this thread!

Hi there. I'm Edinburgh-based myself, and know a couple of other (non-forum) shmup fans in the area. CharlieChong from the boards is also in Edinburgh.

Been known to have occasional gatherings at mine for shmups / VS fighters / beer - got a NAC and some shmup PCBs, plus a Saturn and Dreamcast are always hooked up! :) I can give you a shout for the next one if you fancy it? We are balanced and friendly, I assure you ;)
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

JackieHarris wrote:We are balanced and friendly, I assure you ;)
dunno if my doctor would agree :lol: as long as i can go outside for medicated smoke breaks i should be ok
aha
up for some shooemup/fighting action but i'm a bit rusty at the caves as i haven't been playing much of their output for the past few years.
can provide sticks/games/pads for ps1/2 ,saturn, dreamcast,xbox 360 and also a megadrive everdrive if needed.
markedkiller78

Post by markedkiller78 »

charlie chong wrote:
JackieHarris wrote:We are balanced and friendly, I assure you ;)
dunno if my doctor would agree :lol: as long as i can go outside for medicated smoke breaks i should be ok
aha
up for some shooemup/fighting action but i'm a bit rusty at the caves as i haven't been playing much of their output for the past few years.
can provide sticks/games/pads for ps1/2 ,saturn, dreamcast,xbox 360 and also a megadrive everdrive if needed.
You're back in Edinburgh! Long time CC, hope you're well.

edit: I notice the op has one post and hasn't replied :oops:
Allied Ibara Rebels
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

Ah good to see you on here again mark! yeah back in edinburgh again and not doing too bad a.t.m thanks!
hope you are all good too! i'll give you a p.m with my new moby no as i've probably had about 3 numbers since the last time i saw you.did your arcade garage ever get finished in the end ?
markedkiller78

Post by markedkiller78 »

Abandoned as I managed to keep them in the house, though I have just moved. I am down to 2 cabs, but that's probably one more than anyone needs :)
Allied Ibara Rebels
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

i'm down to none but got all my consoles and mame on a 28 crt with good pads/sticks for them all so can't complain too much.. still i do miss the egret :cry:
Arino

Post by Arino »

are you guys still meeting? I'm moving to Glasgow on Saturday so I'm looking for new gaming pals who are into shooting games, fighting games, retro and arcade games in general :D