Sugoi, an arcade in Helsinki. Now open!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
GFoyle

Re: Sugoi, an arcade in Helsinki. Now open!

Post by GFoyle »

John4300 wrote:
Noisepurge wrote:Any shmup-gang meetups active in Sugoi anymore?
I'd always be up for one, even for a small one.
Same here! I found out about the place only after the previous one, so it would be the first for me.
Morphal

Post by Morphal »

I just found this thread, but on May 12 I stopped by Sugoi for a little bit while I was visiting Helsinki (from the USA). Maybe I saw some of you there!

Unfortunately I only had enough time to play a round of Groove Coaster and IIDX and talk for a few minutes before I had to get back to the city center, but it was a nice place and I hope I get a chance to come back again someday and stay longer!
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Some recent additions to the arcade (plenty more too):

Aka & Blue Type-R (!)
Sound Voltex IV
jubeat festo
OutRun 2 SP

Aka to Blue bringing out some people from here already. Wonder who can clear it first etc. Apparently there might be a hidden hard mode?
The game lineup is pretty huge nowadays. There's always some hidden/variety gems cycling around. Rhythm and driving game collection looking real impressive now.

Other currently installed shmups:
Dariusburst Another Chronicle
Dodonpachi
ESP Ra.De.
Mushihimesama Futari Black Label Another ver.
R-Type Leo
Sengoku Blade
pieslice

Post by pieslice »

Stopped there yesterday; played some DDP, Vimana and Ketsui.

Vimana and Ketsui played magnificently but DDP has slight display issues and the controls felt a bit undersensitive compared to the 2 other games.
There are a lot of rhythm games and noise level was quite high - I had to call it a day after approx. 1.5 hours of playing just to relax my ears
John4300

Post by John4300 »

pieslice wrote:Stopped there yesterday; played some DDP, Vimana and Ketsui.

Vimana and Ketsui played magnificently but DDP has slight display issues and the controls felt a bit undersensitive compared to the 2 other games.
There are a lot of rhythm games and noise level was quite high - I had to call it a day after approx. 1.5 hours of playing just to relax my ears
Wonder if I managed to meet you randomly, I asked someone random tips about Vritra Hexa for my first time on Friday. :D

Speaking of which, is there any good tutorial/survival tips for Vritra Hexa? It seemed interesting, but the difficulty seemed to shoot up quite high from rather easy quickly.

Looking quickly, there seems to be very little info about Vritra Hexa, but Vritra Complete is on Steam. Is Hexa just updated version of that game?
nem

Post by nem »

pieslice wrote:Vimana and Ketsui played magnificently but DDP has slight display issues and the controls felt a bit undersensitive compared to the 2 other games.
DDP is in a Blast City cabinet. The monitors in these cabs are notorious for having poor geometry and corner convergence, the latter making the graphics look out of focus. I guess these are the display issues you're referring to?

As for controls, different joysticks. The other two games have Seimitsu LS-32s, DDP has LS-56s. LS-56s are more firm.

I'm probably going to replace Vimana with DDP in the Aero City cab.

John4300 wrote:Is Hexa just updated version of that game?
Pretty much.