Southern Cali

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Gamer707b

Southern Cali

Post by Gamer707b »

Ive been looking at some meet ups and noticed there isn't any in southern Ca. Im surprised. There certainly HAS to be shmup players here in SO CAL. If anyone is interested in putting something together ,Im down . Feel free to post here. Peace.
options

Re: Southern Cali

Post by options »

I'd be interested in this.
loegan43

Post by loegan43 »

Frenetic has put together some pretty great meet ups in the past. PM him and see if that's a possibility.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

Thanks for the kind words, loegan43!

I've just finished moving into my new house in Torrance. Unfortunately there's a lot of unpacking, a garage sale, and mass rearranging to be done to be ready enough for a shmupmeet--plus STGWeekly is busy preparing for TouhouCon.

Perhaps someone else could step up and hold a SoCal Shmupmeet in the mean time?

Cheers,
F
loegan43 wrote:Frenetic has put together some pretty great meet ups in the past. PM him and see if that's a possibility.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Whats up Frnectic. Congrats on your new place. Im here in Burbank. Just a hop away, lol. I would like to attend or even help get one of these meetups going. Im a console player, so I have various systems to bring if need be. I know, its way easier playing emulation on pc, but I just love firing up systems like Saturn and Genesis. One day when I have both the space and funds I'll get some cabs.Anyway, if you or anyone else is interested then lets do the thang.
Nug

Post by Nug »

Good to finally see SoCal people! Was getting worried that Nor Cal was the closet place that had meets. I'm in Huntington Beach. Anyone down this way?
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

I just moved into a new place myself -- not large by any means, but probably could host a few people (maybe 8-10 max) comfortably for a smaller meet. I still have plenty of unpacking to do and need to talk with my roommate about it, but I would expect that in the relatively near future I could probably host something.

Off the top of my head I think I've got enough gear together for about 7 setups, including at least one large scale projector setup for demos, a cab setup, and a few laptops for doujins and such. I would be easily able to livestream the whole time. The only likely issue for attendees would be parking; I live right next to the UCLA campus, and parking here is an absolute nightmare.

If and when something happens, I'll drop a new thread and post in here about it for those interested. :D
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
chempop

Post by chempop »

I think I've got enough gear together for about 7 setups
Daaang nice man, congrats on the move, sounds like a serious systems upgrade!
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

beatsgo is going to be at 2huCon yo, anyone going to be in SoCali for it? (know a few people will be, especially STGWeekly crew)
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
shmups IRC wrote:wich linode wud u fuk
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

I don't know what or where this is, but Im from So Cal , so Im down. Btw ,is this a shmup thing? Or are they gonna have a little bit of everything?
BrooksBishop

Post by BrooksBishop »

I'll be at TouhouCon all three days, mostly hanging out with the STGWeekly guys I suspect.
But also, thanks to Frenetic, I (along with my friend Jesse) will be presenting a panel!
You can see on the schedule, the "Glimpse into Indie Game Development" talk at 1pm on Friday will be about developing my bullet hell, Aeternum.
Aeternum a bullet hell on PC and Xbox Live Indie Games - @BrooksBishop - Aeternum OST