Central Florida Shmupmeet?

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Capitalistix

Central Florida Shmupmeet?

Post by Capitalistix »

So, I'm located in Daytona. Was wondering if anyone in the daytona/orlando/jacksonville or tampa areas conduct shmupmeets? If not are there enough Floridians here to warrant one? Id love to meet some peeps who are into shmups!
NightSprinter

Re: Central Florida Shmupmeet?

Post by NightSprinter »

Winter Garden here, but I heard that some in the region were possibly planning on getting together during Free Play Florida this November. Good to find another within a 1.5 hour drive.
Capitalistix

Post by Capitalistix »

NightSprinter wrote:Winter Garden here, but I heard that some in the region were possibly planning on getting together during Free Play Florida this November. Good to find another within a 1.5 hour drive.
Yeah man! Totally agree. There have got to be more Floridians on here that would be down for a meet to try out new games!
ELabit

Post by ELabit »

I will be bringing a ton of consoles/pvms and stuff to Free Play. There MIGHT be candy cabs again this year and if there is expect a lot of shooters cause thats what the Tampa crew likes. We just set up a game room at Metrocon 2 weeks ago and about half the set ups were shooters.
We don't have official meet ups be the Tampa guys get together often. I would love to do a smaller meet up someday in a space larger than a bar but nothings in the works right now
NightSprinter

Post by NightSprinter »

I would happily loan some things, but I do have numerous spinal ussues. I may have to miss out on FPF this year duevto surgery. But I own displays like an NEC XM2960 and three Commodore 1084 units (two Philips and one Daewoo). I just hope parents will have better control of their kids if I can go. Had to call security after one parent nearly started a fight with me because I asked him to tell his kid to give others a chance on the Raiden cab..
NightSprinter

Post by NightSprinter »

Also, does the meet HAVE to be at an event like JAX or FPF? I remember back in 2007 a fellow AtariAge member had an Atari meet simply at a small education center he worked at. So it doesn't always have to be big events. Sometimes small gatherings can work too.
Domino

Post by Domino »

Just throwing it out there I'm in Jax.