Summer 2014 MD/VA/DC Shmeet

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Kiken

Summer 2014 MD/VA/DC Shmeet

Post by Kiken »

It's nearly August, figured it was time to decide on a date for our next meet up. Don't know if you guys would prefer some time in August or September. So let's hear some suggestions.
StarCreator

Re: Summer 2014 MD/VA/DC Shmeet

Post by StarCreator »

I think during August I'm free on the 16th or 23rd, then I'm not free again after that until September 20.

Also, in case it evaded notice in the old thread:
chempop wrote:Random question: Did one of you guys apply for a job at a pro video solutions company (in the MD area) this week?
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

I let StarCreator know that I'm still down to hold it in my arcade room at Fort Detrick (Frederick). 16th August or 20 September are good for me.

I did put Crimzon Clover into one of the cabs.

Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

aug 16 should be good for me. Don't drink and fly yall.

Oh yeah, let's go to Sheba this time for food.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

What are everyones' thoughts on Aug 16 at Yes Boss's in Frederick? It's a further drive but it would be cool to have a meet with cabs again...
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Further drive for you all maybe :lol:

Tons of good stuff to eat up here in Frederick too. Ayse for Mediterranean Mezze, Family Meal for Fried Chicken and other good things, Madrone's if you want to really drink n fly. Decent Cuban place in downtown too.
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

StarCreator wrote:What are everyones' thoughts on Aug 16 at Yes Boss's in Frederick? It's a further drive but it would be cool to have a meet with cabs again...
I like this idea. I just recently hooked up my PGM with a 360 tated and two mini PVMs...one with MD and the other with a supergun. Lots of other stuff here too. Including my beloved Rhythm Tengoku Arcade (not shmups but fun!).
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

So we're shooting for August 16th at YesBoss!'s place.

YesBoss!, don't forget to shoot everyone a PM with your address. For those not familiar with the area, there are a ton of food options around FSK Mall, which is close by.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Gotta work, but you guys have fun :)
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

Kiken wrote:So we're shooting for August 16th at YesBoss!'s place.

YesBoss!, don't forget to shoot everyone a PM with your address. For those not familiar with the area, there are a ton of food options around FSK Mall, which is close by.
Yeah, will do.

Lots of food options. It is on Fort Detrick so just know you will have to go through a gate, fairly simple but they make you show your driver's license and open your trunk. Easy to get to using google maps.
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

So Google maps is the best way to get to my place as sometimes GPS does not work inside the post. You are going to take 15 North through Frederic (or south if you are coming from above) and exit on Rosemont Ave. You are going to go towards Fort Detrick along Rosemont Ave until you get to Old Farm Gate, which is across the street from a Food Lion, McDonalds, Dunkin' Doughnuts. Gate is a fairly easy process...just pull up and show them a driver's license. They will most likely make you get out of the car and open your doors and trunk. They might ask where you are going and then just tell them.

Once through the Gate, make your first immediat RIGHT on Doughten and follow that all the way till it ends.

Then make a LEFT Porter Street and follow that about 3/4 mile till you see a building called the Community Activities Center with a neon flashing billboard. That is Freedman Drive but you need to take a left on the unmarked road right after the building.

Then take your first LEFT and go all the way to the end and you will see bldg 1532. I'm on the ground level and there will be a broken EGRET 3 machine outside marking the location.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Might want to give us your full name so we can explain who we are visiting if they ask :I
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

Yeah,

Actually, the building is actually 1536...messed that up...but it is all colocated within the block. Name is:

SGT Gregory Buczek

Not sure if it really matters.
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

Also, here is what I have:

Neo Candy 27 Vertical/Horizontal
Blast City tri Horizontal
Tengoku (stand-alone)
New Astro Vertical
Vewlix 360 Horizontal (Japan or US)
Vewlix 360 Vertical (Japan or US)
PGM Tate (good for 360 or DC, VGA only)
Two 13 inch PGMs for 16-bit...scart
HD Display with Framemeister...all systems via scart
Supergun Sigma...JPN-21

I've got most of the systems (consoles) except fami systems.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Any requests? garegga/batrider?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Do you have an MVS on hand? If not, I'll bring my AES and Phantom 1 convertor. Plan on bringing Pulstar and Blazing Star.. along with StarCreator's ESPRaDe. Anything else I should bring?

I've got bottled Mexican Cokes and Mountain Dews with real sugar.

And we're looking at a regular 2pm-3pm start time, right?
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

I do have an MVS 1-Slot on hand. Also a PGM. Atomiswave as well but there seems to be no sound working on it for some reason.

zakk,

Did you get the info on address? If not I'll PM you.

Also, I'll be good and ready by 1pm...just assume folks will roll in beginning 2-4pm.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I have a friend's Atomiswave I can bring if that helps. Should be bringing Espgaluda 2, Elevator Action, and the Reco PCBs also.

We good on 360 games? Latest one I have on hand is Bullet Soul Infinite Burst (which at least one guy enjoyed at Otakon last weekend).

Should we be looking at streaming also?
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

StarCreator wrote:I have a friend's Atomiswave I can bring if that helps. Should be bringing Espgaluda 2, Elevator Action, and the Reco PCBs also.

We good on 360 games? Latest one I have on hand is Bullet Soul Infinite Burst (which at least one guy enjoyed at Otakon last weekend).

Should we be looking at streaming also?
Not really sure if we need another atomiswave...only game I have is fist of the north star anyways.

Good on all the 360 shooters...got everything.
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

Remember, it is

1536 Porter Street 101, Fort Detrick MD 21702

I've got an old broken Egret 3 I'm putting outside to mark the location. My turn in is just after the Communities Activites Center and there is no street name. If you pass the big Endor-like Radar Dishes then you have gone too far!

Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

Thanks for hosting us! Here are some awful photos:

https://db.tt/K2pQGUv3
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Hey guys, apparently the Dave & Busters in White Flint did in fact close down finally. Anyone in the area want to try and find if they are selling any cabs on the cheap? Might be a good time to grab some decent ones.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Probably a little late for that since by court order they have to be completely out of the building by the 31st. They've probably moved everything out of the building by now.
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

To be fair, as SOME PEOPLE can attest, having to be out of the building doesn't necessarily mean they WILL be out of the building...
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
zakk

Post by zakk »

Did they actually have decent cabs though? Every DnB I've been to has been a sea of Star Wars Pod Racer type games and like one Galaga/MS Pac Man machine or something