Socal meets

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
neccros

Socal meets

Post by neccros »

Are there any planned for the near future????
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Re: Socal meets

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

I'm wondering the same thing, especially since I've never been to one before. It sounds fun though!
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

If anyone has plans, let me know as I still have my boards for a bit longer. Would love see how thing shindigs go down :)
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Not a 'meet' per se, but Frenetic and I will be holding an STG Weekly LIVE event at Anime Expo 2014 in July. You guys are welcome to come, and if you want to help us run the event we can get you free passes to the con and maybe some other goodies too. PM Frenetic or I for details; it would be a real commitment for at least one day of the weekend, but we need more help!

With regard to more formal meets:

I held a micromeet with GDLKscrub a month ago, and would be willing to hold another; it's just that my apartment is tiny so I'd need to move some things around. As it is I do have enough setups for a small meet (1x near lagless projector for fightmans/PS3/PS2, 1x Astro city with 2L6B, 2x tateable monitors for X360/PC/MAME, 1x laptop for doujins). I'll be in the area all summer, so if I can get the OK from my roommate maybe I can make something happen. :wink:

Personally I'm hoping Frenetic or arcade game will host another one though; game's setup in particular is amazing.
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
shadowkn55

Post by shadowkn55 »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and try to answer the OPs original question. The short answer is no. There won't be any future shmup meets in socal, at least publicly announced ones.

The long answer is that there is ongoing tension between several members in the socal community and event organizers are keeping details on the down low to prevent these members from seeing each other in person. In fact, there was a shmup meet a month or two ago and one of the attendees specifically said that was the reason why it wasn't announced even though it was held. Until the tension eases up or gets resolved, I wouldn't expect any more socal shmup meets.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

Hey guys,

Yes please come to Anime Expo to for the STGWeekly Panel, Rockin' Android booth, and the console gaming area where we will be showcasing shmups.

Sorry, I've been very busy with STGWeekly and Awesome Game Replays but will have a SoCal shmupmeet once things quiet down.

If you guys post in this thread that you're interested in going I'll PM you guys once a date gets firmed up!

Cheers,
F
neccros

Post by neccros »

Ugghh I saw the one day pass for Anime Expo and as much as I want to go, I cant afford it... :(
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

Frenetic wrote:Hey guys,

Yes please come to Anime Expo to for the STGWeekly Panel, Rockin' Android booth, and the console gaming area where we will be showcasing shmups.

Sorry, I've been very busy with STGWeekly and Awesome Game Replays but will have a SoCal shmupmeet once things quiet down.

If you guys post in this thread that you're interested in going I'll PM you guys once a date gets firmed up!

Cheers,
F
I would be definitely be interested in going to a shmupmeet, considering that I've never been to one. It all depends on the date and times of course.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Missed it by like a month yo.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.