Anyone interested in a Denver Shmupmeet?...

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
dave4shmups

Anyone interested in a Denver Shmupmeet?...

Post by dave4shmups »

I know there are at least several other Denver-based forum members, and I was wondering if you all would like to get together for a Denver Shmupmeet!

Please respond if you're interested! The only problem is we couldn't have it at my house-I live with my parents, an older brother, a lab, 4 cats, and about a dozen birds. And my own room is too small.

Thanks! :D -Dave
FatalError

Post by FatalError »

I would be interested in a Denver shmupmeet, but not in the near future. I'm staff at an upcoming anime convention and Work and Reality™ are rearing their ugly heads again. Later in the year might be better for me.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Sounds great; anyone else interested?

BTW, I live in Centennial-about one mile west of Arapahoe and I-25.
it290

Post by it290 »

Hey guys, just saw this.

I'd certainly be down, although like FatalError now might not be the best time for me. I live in central/downtown denver, and doing it at my place is a possibility. I have a fair number of consoles and shmups, and a decent-sized place, although my actual game room and computer room are kinda small. Depends on how many people would be in attendance.
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Just found this thread and if you guys are still planning a meet I would definately be interested. Keep us updated Dave.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Shalashaska wrote:Just found this thread and if you guys are still planning a meet I would definately be interested. Keep us updated Dave.
What part of Denver do you live in? So far, I seem to be the only Denver-Area shmupper that doesn't live Downtown, so if we could have it at someone's place, like it290's, Downtown, that would probably work out the best.

We also need to coordinate things work-wise; right now I am working weekends, and finally getting some pretty good hours at Brunswick Zone. I'm working 37 hours this week, and hopefully that will continue, but I don't know what anyone else's work schedules are like.
FatalError

Post by FatalError »

I live near the Stapleton area (Quebec and I-70).
I work Monday through Friday with weekends off.

I have a couple of friends play video games every two weeks or so over at Gimme Anime. We did a shooter themed day, and this time around we are doing a puzzle game themed day. We are planning on doing it on Saturday the 29th of October. So, if you want just drop by the store and we can at least meet each other.
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

I live up in Northglenn but am actually moving this week. The weekends would probably work better schedule wise.

I've recently gotten my roommate interested in shmups so he would probably come to the meet as well.