MD/VA/DC Shmupmeet Summer 2013

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Kiken

MD/VA/DC Shmupmeet Summer 2013

Post by Kiken »

We're already into July so I guess this would be a good time to start planning for August. What Saturday would work for everyone?
nZero

Re: MD/VA/DC Shmupmeet Summer 2013

Post by nZero »

Kiken wrote:We're already into July so I guess this would be a good time to start planning for August. What Saturday would work for everyone?
Just got home yesterday, stuck in San Francisco for over a day. Still waiting on my luggage, actually.

I've got a wedding the last weekend of August but as of right now the rest are still open.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Welcome back (almost)!

Otakon falls on the weekend of the 10th and I'm most likely going to be out of town on the 3rd as well (though this isn't as definite at the moment). Not seeing anything else on my schedule right now.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

So I guess the 17th or the 24th are the possible dates.
nZero

Post by nZero »

Kiken wrote:So I guess the 17th or the 24th are the possible dates.
Sorry I meant the 24th last weekend, not the last weekend shared with the first weekend of September.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

nZero wrote:
Kiken wrote:So I guess the 17th or the 24th are the possible dates.
Sorry I meant the 24th last weekend, not the last weekend shared with the first weekend of September.
Oh, uh, now that you mention it, I'm actually gone the 31st also (PAX).

So, see you guys on the 17th?
Kiken

Re: MD/VA/DC Shmupmeet Summer 2013 (Aug 17th)

Post by Kiken »

I guess that narrows it down to the 17th then. So the 17th it is.
zakk

Post by zakk »

I HAVE A TELE-DILDONICS CONFERENCE ON THE 17TH!!!

actually no, I'm free then. 17th it is!
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Shmuuuuuuupppssssss

17th is okay for me AFAIK.
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

Just to get dinner plans rolling BEFORE dinner time on the 17th, Kiken suggested we try Sushi Chalet some day. Buffet, with buffet-quality, but no line whenever we've gone. Y/N? A/S/L?
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
nZero

Post by nZero »

Does it actually look like a chalet? :o Either way, I'm in.

Also I think Daikijin is going to be able to come this time.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Buffet...sushi? Uhhhhhh.

Actually, probably ok. My South Louisiana upbringing made me suspicious of sushi for a long time (you eat something raw that came out of the water? You're going to die tomorrow!).

Any interest in trying to do some streaming? I can bring my capture+scaler stuff over if we want to try. And I mean the games, not the sushi buffet.
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

FTR, they also serve soup and tempura and such on the not-strictly-sushi table, if cooked is your thing :P
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

zakk wrote:Buffet...sushi? Uhhhhhh.

Actually, probably ok. My South Louisiana upbringing made me suspicious of sushi for a long time (you eat something raw that came out of the water? You're going to die tomorrow!).

Any interest in trying to do some streaming? I can bring my capture+scaler stuff over if we want to try. And I mean the games, not the sushi buffet.
They do loads of Tempura stuff as well.

Sure, we can try to do some streaming... so long as our internet connection decides to play dice. If need be, I can move my computer and stuff into my room temporarily and you can set up at my computer desk. You may want to bring some additional S-Video and stereo audio cables though... I do have an A/V booster that takes both Composite and S-Vid so we don't have to worry about signal degradation or frame delay from the source. Do we want to try mixing in audio of us chatting while playing (I do have a fairly sensitive PC mic)?

Minzoku did pick up a new camera recently that's significantly better than her old one... takes much nicer photos and handles a variety of HD video footage modes.

Also, I got confirmation from Crybringer, he'll be coming too.
Last edited by Kiken on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

JINX YOU ARE TOO SLOW
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Bringing brightsuzaku and I think Yes Boss was in too (but I'll poke him again).
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

Yep, down again.

Just to confirm it will be the 17th, saturday?

Looking for anybody who can hook me up with an Instant Brain/Dodonpachi save file! Also, the only new PCB I've gotten in Battle Bakraid Unlimited. I can bring that.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

nZero would be the most likely to still have an Instant Brain save with Dodonpachi unlocked. I also still have the videos of us attempting to play it with Kinect that I never quite figured out how to join together.

Should I borrow the Kinect again?
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

I've got a Kinect...shamefully.

Actually never used it. My place in Germany was too small. My place here in Frederick is likewise too small.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

StarCreator, please bring your Dat Triple... I wanna put a solid score on the US leaderboards for PS3 Under Defeat HD (I've got plenty of video cables for Sony hardware, so don't worry about those.. but please bring a controller convertor if you have one... or a PS3 compatible stick).
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I was planning on bringing it for Ketsui anyway - we can check out the superplay that comes with it too if you guys want. Do you have a PSN account? You're free to make one on mine if you don't.

I have two PS3 sticks at the moment, the Fighting Edge and the Mini (cute yet useless little thing). I also have two PS2->PS3 converters.
nZero

Post by nZero »

StarCreator wrote:nZero would be the most likely to still have an Instant Brain save with Dodonpachi unlocked. I also still have the videos of us attempting to play it with Kinect that I never quite figured out how to join together.

Sure, I'll put the save on the memory card (if it's not still there) and bring that. Maybe someone better than me at Nin2-Jump can finish S-ranking all of the levels.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

For snacks, we picked up deli swirls and some Pepsi Throwback (so yeah, real sugar). StarCreator, do we know if BrightSuzaku will be doing any baking?
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

nZero wrote:
StarCreator wrote:nZero would be the most likely to still have an Instant Brain save with Dodonpachi unlocked. I also still have the videos of us attempting to play it with Kinect that I never quite figured out how to join together.

Sure, I'll put the save on the memory card (if it's not still there) and bring that. Maybe someone better than me at Nin2-Jump can finish S-ranking all of the levels.
Yes, please bring that save file!

What do I need to bring to get that on my system? My own old school memory card? Or my J-360?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Kiken wrote:For snacks, we picked up deli swirls and some Pepsi Throwback (so yeah, real sugar). StarCreator, do we know if BrightSuzaku will be doing any baking?
"Oh my gods, why not? YES! lol"
Yes Boss! wrote:Yes, please bring that save file!

What do I need to bring to get that on my system? My own old school memory card? Or my J-360?
If your 360 has the memory unit slots we could plug his memory unit in directly to copy it to the hard drive. Otherwise, if you have a USB stick formatted for use in 360 we can transfer it over to that.
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

StarCreator wrote: What do I need to bring to get that on my system? My own old school memory card? Or my J-360?
If your 360 has the memory unit slots we could plug his memory unit in directly to copy it to the hard drive. Otherwise, if you have a USB stick formatted for use in 360 we can transfer it over to that.[/quote]

Ok, to be safe I'll also bring my older J-360 (that takes the old format memory cards) as well as bring my old format memory card.

Do we need a Seimitsu stick? I've got a few...could bring the eightard/qanba if needed.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Yes Boss! wrote:Ok, to be safe I'll also bring my older J-360 (that takes the old format memory cards) as well as bring my old format memory card.

Do we need a Seimitsu stick? I've got a few...could bring the eightard/qanba if needed.
If you have a memory unit already, that should be all you need. Feel free to bring the 360 and sticks if you want to game on it; I'm probably only bringing the PS3 this time.
nZero

Post by nZero »

StarCreator wrote:
Yes Boss! wrote:Ok, to be safe I'll also bring my older J-360 (that takes the old format memory cards) as well as bring my old format memory card.

If you have a memory unit already, that should be all you need. Feel free to bring the 360 and sticks if you want to game on it; I'm probably only bringing the PS3 this time.
Bring that X360 hard drive transfer cable too so I can borrow it, thanks.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

See you guys tomorrow!
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

Fuck Battle Garegga. What the hell is wrong with this game. See you tomorrow.