Magfest 2014 (Jan 2-5)

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
EarlThird

Re: Magfest 2014 (Jan 2-5)

Post by EarlThird »

Alright, I've got the board right here, so if you want to bring the carts, I've got a mobo for you. When did you plan on heading down? I'll be there tonight since I live close by, and I can bring Die Hard as a placeholder if needed.
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

I'll be getting there around 6pm on Friday, leaving sometime on Sunday to go to AGDQ. I was actually gonna ask, is there a shuttle from reagan to the hotel? I'll need a ride otherwise.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Per the Marriott website, you can reserve a shuttle from Raegan National to the Gaylord. There's an $18 fee, and don't forget to tip the driver. Call 301 965 2081 to reserve.
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

StarCreator,

So, this is what I've got japanese-gaming-360 that I'm bringing.

Shiki III
Otomedius Gorgeous
DDP Black Label Extra
Shooting Love 200X
Mamoru-Kun
Ketsui
Deathsmiles IIX (retail)
Strike Witches
Radirgy Noah
Ketsuipachi
Under Defeat HD

Did I miss anything...and do you need me to bring any of the NA releases or region-free 360 titles or are you gonna bring them all?

I'm also going to dig out the older 360 NA 360 that bought all the XBLA titles. So we (should) have all those as an option. I'll have to see what works once we get there, or I'll hook it up in the next few hours and check.
Yes Boss!

Post by Yes Boss! »

Oh yeah,

And Caladrius and Mushi HD.
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

If you see a short girl 4"10', possibly wearing a Mr. Saturn on her head playing on any of the cabs say Hi to her for me, I told her to get to the gaming room for some shmups at some point. That's Edobean!
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
trap15

Post by trap15 »

I hope you have a backup plan for filling in Batrider; just pulled it out to test while I collected up all my boards, and the sound is very oddly distorted. Doing a little bit of poking, it sounds like the FM chip is busted in a bizarre way; the PCM all sounds fine. If we want to still run it, I'm ok by it, but I'm just putting that warning out now.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

See you guys there on Friday. StarCreator has my PCBs so he'll be bringing those with him.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Hope you guys don't mind I took some pictures. Here's Friday with some Thursday! http://imgur.com/a/crfEI
EllertMichael

Post by EllertMichael »

Oh shit. some nice new additions to the line-up of cabs this year! Egret II, Irem Madonna, Viewlix...

Did you guys go to Ketchup? :lol:
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

That's a wrap guys! Hope you all enjoyed and got all your PCBs back! Huge thumbs up to majors for managing the chaos as expertly as usual!
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Yep, it was a lot of fun (if not completely exhausting)! So.. just wondering.. whatever happened to those jugs of sweet tea?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Kiken wrote:So.. just wondering.. whatever happened to those jugs of sweet tea?
I last saw them in the other Canadians' room the next morning. Didn't look like anyone had touched it; I guess they really wanted to save it for when they had pancakes on hand.
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Here's the pictures for Sat/Sun: http://imgur.com/a/UUgjS
I hope people don't mind that I name dropped them. Though some peoples name I forgot...it was hard to hear in that hall ;_;

Zerst and trap15 at Battle Garegga!

I had a blast! Really, it was a great way to start the year and it was great meeting all of you. Thank you everyone for making this year great! :D
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

hey I photoed, too! =D

https://www.facebook.com/tomoyamieliju/ ... 165&type=1

Edit: oh maybe you'd like the PUBLICLY VIEWABLE ones https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 3c17db3e88
Last edited by Minzoku on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Oops, guess I missed that I blinked while checking the picture to see if Martin had blinked. :D Thanks everyone who brought games/cabs.
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

I totally intended to play some MMP, but I was struck by a truck of awesome and never got there.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

MMP was running on the 360 anyway because Strider's flight got canceled and we thus didn't have use of his PCBs. The SLG3000 we were using with it worked great also, but I don't think I guessed correctly when I tried to get MMP's output resolution to match up to where the scanlines were being generated. Unfortunately, setting up a machine to play with a bunch of people waiting is not optimal conditions to experiment with stuff like that.

Ketsui was next, and looked amazing at 93/94% overscan (to match the game's native 224 horizontal resolution: (224*2)/480 falls in between the two closer to 93% but I think 94% looked a little better). Fitting MMP in meant we never got to try out DOJ as intended though.
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

We gotta bring more cabs next year. If I can find a way to bring my cab, I'd bring all 3 Parodius games and just rotate them.
BER

Post by BER »

Oooooh, were there any 1CCs or other notable achievements during this event?
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
majors

Post by majors »

Thanks again guys! Love that I was able to get the good shooters running. I'm sure the credit-feeding attendees, even though they did not know what they was playing, enjoyed them also.

Big props to Boss and Star for allowing us the used of their babies. I did not see any damage and I hope they only need some windex after the show. Glad to meet everyone...let's see:
Mikehaggar -> Can't go wrong with Tetris, nice to see someone that KNOWS how to play!
Zerst -> Sorry for the confusion on the ST-V carts, I normally do not rely on others but I just do not have enough boards.
Trap15 -> Hope your Batrider and Garegga didn't melt, those god lots of love.
Kiken -> WOW...I saw you beat Ikaruga at least 3 times...you should hold a clinic
dead 88 cats -> Sexy is better...but any Parodius is a good Parodius. I always saw attendees sitting down at it when it had it's run
brendz -> The trooper from Canada! Youmacon is closer and I need boards...we can work something out

My memory during cons is...not so good, so if I forget ppl then you'll just have to keep coming and playing until I remember you name-to-face! I hope the schedule helped things out, but I'm open to hear opinions or suggestions. MAG is the biggest event I bring cabs to that works well for STGs. Starcreator(maybe some others) go to Animazement and gives me support, didn't know if you'all wanted to have a summer con-meetup. He'd be the best to ask if he thinks it'd work.

My lame photos: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

...oh, if I was rude or a bit to drunk, sorry.
Wedoca '24
trap15

Post by trap15 »

BER wrote:Oooooh, were there any 1CCs or other notable achievements during this event?
I got my first Mushihimesama Maniac clear the first time I sat down to play it :lol:
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
BER

Post by BER »

trap15 wrote:
BER wrote:Oooooh, were there any 1CCs or other notable achievements during this event?
I got my first Mushihimesama Maniac clear the first time I sat down to play it :lol:
Very nice! :D
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

I did a standard clear of Eschatos Original Normal. At least I cleared something, hehe...
BER

Post by BER »

ratikal wrote:
I did a standard clear of Eschatos Original Normal. At least I cleared something, hehe...
Pretty good. I couldn't pull that off in the hour or so I spent on it in a shmupmeet. Just Original Easy mode.