I'll be in Victoria May 29 - June 5!!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
shmuppyLove

I'll be in Victoria May 29 - June 5!!

Post by shmuppyLove »

Booked the flight today!

CMPXGHSPHBPHXPH I'm pretty sure you're out that way, not sure if any one else is?
CMPXCHG8B

Re: I'll be in Victoria May 29 - June 5!!

Post by CMPXCHG8B »

Yes I am.

Lardo4life is too, and he has/had a friend who I believe might be a member of this forum, but unfortunately I can't remember his name.

What exactly does a "shmupmeet" entail? I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I am not well versed in the topic of general socialization. Nor do I think there are any reasonable arcades around town with decent shmups, if people were inclined to get together around such a place.

-CMPX
shmuppyLove

Re: I'll be in Victoria May 29 - June 5!!

Post by shmuppyLove »

We meet -- usually at someone's house / apartment, because as you mentioned arcades really don't exist any more -- and we play shmups, or whatever.

The ones I've been to tend to be hosted with guys that have a few cabs, but consoles are totally fine too. Since I'll be travelling I can't really bring any of my gear with me unfortunately.

There could be booze involved, but there doesn't have to be. Of course there should be junk food of some kind. Pizza / shwarma / chips / thai food are all good choices.

Basically there are no set rules or guidelines, it's just gamers being social for a change :wink:

Not sure how old you guys are out there -- myself I'm 35, so if you guys are like 16 and it's a bit weird to hang out with old people that's cool too :lol: