Norcal / San Jose mini-meet Apr. 27-28

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Battlesmurf

Re: Norcal / San Jose mini-meet Apr. 27-28

Post by Battlesmurf »

Neat meet, nice people, nice machines. Thanks for the invite- lots of fun :) Nice seeing some faces I haven't seen in years o.o
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
BER

Post by BER »

Thanks again for hosting this meet, alamone! I'm glad to get a more intense workout with Saidaioujou and to expose my friend Nate to a wider variety of shmups.

Nate, by the way, was the guy with a distinctive mustache who brought in more alcohol. He was a fellow co-worker when we used to work at Zynga. I was impressed by his more-than-passing knowledge of shmups, so I brought him in to show him Saidaioujou and the intricacies of shmups in general.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

BER wrote:Thanks again for hosting this meet, alamone! I'm glad to get a more intense workout with Saidaioujou and to expose my friend Nate to a wider variety of shmups.

Nate, by the way, was the guy with a distinctive mustache who brought in more alcohol. He was a fellow co-worker when we used to work at Zynga. I was impressed by his more-than-passing knowledge of shmups, so I brought him in to show him Saidaioujou and the intricacies of shmups in general.
Say, aren't you the guy that 1cc'ed all of the characters in Castle Shiki at one of Dave's meets all those years ago? If so, it explains the familiar vibe I got :p
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
BER

Post by BER »

Battlesmurf wrote:Say, aren't you the guy that 1cc'ed all of the characters in Castle Shiki at one of Dave's meets all those years ago? If so, it explains the familiar vibe I got :p
Yup! For Castle Shiki II.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Thanks Alamone for being a great host! I can't believe you fit all those machines/superguns into one apartment, just like they do it in Japan...amazing! Patxi's pizza was also awesome.

Great seeing everyone again. Special thanks again to papa_november for putting his x68000 on the big screen and playing some awesome tunes.
antron

Post by antron »

truly awesome. so much gradius, so little time! thanks again Alamone
louisg

Post by louisg »

What an awesome meet! Thanks so much for hosting and inviting me.
Humans, think about what you have done
alamone

Post by alamone »

Hey everyone, thanks for coming down, it was a lot of fun.
Hopefully we can do another meet sometime in the future.

I put up the little video showing all the setups on youtube:
http://youtu.be/jRzrOeRhoRU
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

great meet, thanks for hosting! good to see everyone again, nice talking with NOAH and others. my shumperformance on sdoj and gradius(es) was predictably bad. i should have watched BER more closely...
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
papa_november

Post by papa_november »

I had fun!
NOAH

Post by NOAH »

Wish I had been there both days, too many games, not enough time. It was good to see everyone at the meet, it was more informative than usual this time around. Too bad these don't happen more often, good folks around here.

alamone - You put a ton of work into this, thanks a bunch for the meet and the roms, though I misinterpreted the RAM/ROM test screen for Gradius II. It was actually a bad ram at P7 location on the b-board, not a bad rom number P-07. Patxi's was on hit too.
antron - Great career talk. Thanks for the suggestion and info, wasn't really open to that area of care until our discussion.
battlesmurf - You oughta show up more often, you were barely recognizable. Good luck in school, keep at it.
BER - I can't believe your ability. Seriously.
blackoak - I told my friend about what you said about BK2000 and Star Trek TNG pinball. He also likes BK2000 saying ""Bk2k is the best pinball ever". He also said "He is stupid however to have thought anything about trek sucks".
DaveK - Good to see you again as always. Glad you were able to escape for a bit, hope to see you at CAX. You should still sell one of your Windy II's and your Rapid Hero board.
louis - I don't know your screen name, nice escape to Rookies. Cool car tunes too.
papa november - Mega Crap is hilarious. Terrible sprite and text alterations, but utterly sophomoric. Thanks for bringing the x68k. The games and tunes were much appreciated, Castlevania Chronicles is unfair.