SoCal Shmupmeet Saturday, August 30th

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Jelloman581

Re: SoCal Shmupmeet Saturday, May 18th - Akraten's back in t

Post by Jelloman581 »

For anyone interested, whatever your opinion of it is, I have purchased the Cave Shooting Collection, and I am willing to make my Install CD with the DLC available to anyone that wants to install it on their JX360. As an alternative, I am working on getting everything onto one XBox formatted USB flash drive to make it easy, as the installer seems to be bugged and can only install things piecemeal. So if this interests you, bring your JX360, or an Xbox formatted flash drive and you can copy whatever you need from it!

So hype! 1 more month! I better get to work on unlocking ships in Jamestown. I lost my game save that had most of the stuff unlocked.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

I need to test this USB drive on another Xbox to see if the content can be copied that way. Frenetic! Gimmie a hollar!
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Alrighty, good news on the Cave DLC. I went to Frenetic's and was able to copy the DLC to his XBox and it was functional under his profile. I never saw solid confirmation on the relevant thread, but 'tis true: the DLC is truly unlocked!

So if you wish to partake, just bring a 2GB or greater XBox formatted USB flash drive and I will copy all relevant DLC to it!

As a refresher, here's what you'll get:
Deathsmiles
Full voice expansion pack
Mega Black Label DLC
Mega Black Label Ver. 1.1 DLC 

Premium Theme 

5x Icons
---------------------
Deathsmiles IIX
Music Conents Pack 

2x Premium Theme 

3x Icons
---------------------
Mushihime-sama
Mushihime-sama Ver 1.5 DLC 

Premium Theme 

2x Icons
---------------------
Mushihime-sama Futari
Black Label DLC 

Futari Ver. 1.01 DLC 

Premium Theme
-------------------------
DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
Black Label DLC 

Ver. 1.51 DLC 

2x Premium Theme 

6x Icons
-------------------------
DoDonPachi Resurrection Black Label
2x Icons
----------------------
Espgaluda II
Premium Theme 

3x Icons
-----------------------
Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets
Cave Matsuri 

Premium Theme
---------------------
Akai Katana
Full voice expansion pack
---------------------
Guwange
Premium Theme 

2x Icons
neccros

Post by neccros »

Frentic, could you contact me?? I'd like to go to the meet and bring food but since Im not on here very often, i dont think I have enough posts to PM someone...

Thanks
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

hey Jelloman, for Jamestown, make sure you get the Treason Gunpowder and Plot DLC as well if you don't already have it. The Gunpowder ship is pretty key for some of the Judgement stages. Also, try to have Divine unlocked (I think it requires beating it on Legendary?), since that's probably the most appropriate level for experienced shmuppers new to the game.

Will we have 4 usb capable sticks/gamepads as well? I can bring some if needed. I also have a (somewhat unreliable) usb hub here.
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Blackoak: I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll be bringing 2x USB sticks. I could probably ghetto together a third if needed, but it sounds like there will be enough other sticks that won't be necessary.
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
dannysaigon

Post by dannysaigon »

....... I can't wait.....
If its not in writing....it doesn't exist.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

I have 2x USB Xbox 360 sticks (HRAP2 with a Xbox 360 converter) and a fight stick.

Gonna be fun playing some D&D: Shadow of Mystara, too!
blackoak wrote:hey Jelloman, for Jamestown, make sure you get the Treason Gunpowder and Plot DLC as well if you don't already have it. The Gunpowder ship is pretty key for some of the Judgement stages. Also, try to have Divine unlocked (I think it requires beating it on Legendary?), since that's probably the most appropriate level for experienced shmuppers new to the game.

Will we have 4 usb capable sticks/gamepads as well? I can bring some if needed. I also have a (somewhat unreliable) usb hub here.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

Hey guys, SoCal Shmupmeet is 2 weeks away! I'll be sending a confirmation PM to everyone to finalize what they are bringing for the potluck as well as equipment/games/etc.

If you want, I can also post:

--Stuff you want to sell/trade

Also, I'm thinking of doing an STGWeekly - SoCal shmupmeet live thingy where we can set up my laptop and a webcam and just have an active chat room on twitch.tv, etc.

Cheers,
F
trap15

Post by trap15 »

.... :cry:

I'm not going to be able to make it this time... Made a few mistakes, not enough PTO left at work, bleh... Maybe next time :?
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

blackoak wrote:hey Jelloman, for Jamestown, make sure you get the Treason Gunpowder and Plot DLC as well if you don't already have it. The Gunpowder ship is pretty key for some of the Judgement stages. Also, try to have Divine unlocked (I think it requires beating it on Legendary?), since that's probably the most appropriate level for experienced shmuppers new to the game.

I do have that DLC, I'm working on unlocking all the ships so there are choices, but Bioshock Infinite distracted me for a bit (sooo good!). As for Divine, just checked my save and Divine is available on the first 4 levels, haven't unlocked the 5th yet. Only first stage completed on Legendary so far, still getting the hang of this game as I haven't put much time into it before. This may have to be unlocked by you all at the shmupmeet!

I own the game via Steam and separately via one of the Humble Bundle deals, I wonder if I can bring the DLC over, as I was planning to copy the game save over so that Steam wasn't needed. I'll look into this more.

As for sticks, I can bring spares. I'd like to keep my load light, but I was planning on bringing at least 2 sticks just in case. I'll probably have a few other PC based shmups on the system for people to mess with as well, but I don't own many. The PC I have has like 6-8 USB ports, hub won't be necessary. I'll have MAME on it too (yea yeah boo hiss), but if anyone wants to get their TMNT/Darius/Xmen/Simpsons/Gauntlet game on, there ya go!

- Sorry we'll miss you trap15, shmupcat will be sooo sad :(
- Haha live STGweekly would be fun!
- Don't forget to bring an Xbox formatted Flash drive if you want the CAVE collection DLC. I set up jepjep as well via mail and it worked out for him as well, so no worries on profile/hardware locks.

SO HYPE!
japtor

Post by japtor »

What time (of day) is this going to be around? I might be busy later that day but figure I can make it in the afternoon.

...especially if anyone wants to buy DDP DOJ PCB and/or wants to trade (with cash as necessary) for a DDP SDOJ board*. Asked over in the "what's it worth" thread about pricing for everything, kind of dependent on how much I can get for them.

*assuming I like it enough and am crazy enough to pay the price for it.

Edit- oy, looks like my DOJ battery blew up. Gonna read up and open it up to see what can be done. Or if anyone happens to know how to fix this stuff I'll definitely go regardless of a sale or not.

Edit2- ESP.Ra.De off for now, and I guess SDOJ will be too much, oh well.
Last edited by japtor on Sat May 11, 2013 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranix95

Post by Tyranix95 »

japtor wrote:... looks like my DOJ battery blew up. ...
What do you mean "Blew Up" :?:

Post a board pic plz.
japtor

Post by japtor »

Tyranix95 wrote:
japtor wrote:... looks like my DOJ battery blew up. ...
What do you mean "Blew Up" :?:

Post a board pic plz.
http://i.imgur.com/Dtec3JL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KUY8oVE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7pdmCXx.jpg

Found an old thread about it here:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=20627
Last edited by japtor on Sat May 11, 2013 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranix95

Post by Tyranix95 »

Bad Battery.

Needs to be taken care of asap.

Post a pic of the two roms located at the back of the board.
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Unfortunately, I'm going to need to opt out of bringing my rig. Still bringing the arcade sticks, and still up to bring the miscellaneous stuff I offered in my initial post, but some obligations for school have come up that makes it a less feasible endeavor to pack up my whole setup. Sorry folks.
I love Ibara.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

That DOJ needs to be saved. Desolder the battery on the leads in the back, and neutralize/clean acid with baking soda paste.
japtor

Post by japtor »

Tyranix95 wrote:Bad Battery.

I assume these are the ROMs you're talking about:
http://i.imgur.com/5dsdzEy.jpg

(...man that fan accumulated some nasty looking dust in the upper left there)
Frenetic wrote:That DOJ needs to be saved. Desolder the battery on the leads in the back, and neutralize/clean acid with baking soda paste.
Would careful swabbing with alcohol work or could that damage something else around there?

And is desoldering on the back the only way to pull the battery? I have Ketsui and Espgaluda I'm now paranoid about and might want to do some preventative maintenance.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

Yes, definitely clean those up with baking soda paste (you need a base to neutralize the battery acid). You can clip the battery leads with a pliers/wire cutters, maybe heavy duty scissors?

I do it to all my boards to avoid them blowing up. You just have to reset settings/high score table resets but I just take a picture on my phone.

--F
japtor wrote:

Frenetic wrote:That DOJ needs to be saved. Desolder the battery on the leads in the back, and neutralize/clean acid with baking soda paste.
Would careful swabbing with alcohol work or could that damage something else around there?

And is desoldering on the back the only way to pull the battery? I have Ketsui and Espgaluda I'm now paranoid about and might want to do some preventative maintenance.
Tyranix95

Post by Tyranix95 »

Yup, those are the roms.

You have a DOJ WL board.

The bad battery needs to be removed asap. And the site needs to be neutralized.

(De-soldering and using a BS paste 'll work fine.)

If you want, to bring your board to the meet, I'm sure there will be at least one guy there who can check you board out for you. If not, hit me up.

Also, if you need a replacement battery, JLMK, I can order it.

And, if you would like a DOJ BL Hack rom, JLMK2, I can make one.
japtor wrote:

japtor

Post by japtor »

It's alive, IT'S ALIVE! Thanks a lot guys. After cleaning up and trying to desolder (and not getting anywhere), I just snipped the leads. Mine never saved scores to begin with iirc so it's not a big deal. Does Ketsui have C auto shot on by default? That's the only thing I'm worried about with that one.

Anyway now I gotta figure out if I have anything y'all don't already have, I guess just Gunbird 2, Gunbarich, and Akkanvader (...unless F3 has something volatile that may have blown up too?). Well I can add another shooting watch to the competition too.
Tyranix95 wrote:And, if you would like a DOJ BL Hack rom, JLMK2, I can make one.
Awesome, can it work without a battery? BL's changes might make me want to keep the game, or worst case I figure if someone else wants to buy it they'd like the BL hack anyway.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

Okay, firming up everything and sending PM's out with addys. Looking to have a lot of good peeps and fun!
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

blackoak wrote:awesome! I'll also bring the ToD/SoM setup then, and my custom harnessed HRAPs for 4P D&D. Hopefully your tv won't have any problems with the XRGB and my supergun... when I've taken it to friends, its proven to be tempermental depending on the tv.
Oh hell yeah!

Bringing kegs of a scottish wee-heavy, a weizenbock and a small southern english brown for all your inebriation needs.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

I'll bring my chess set again. Taking all challengers!
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
AKRATEN

Post by AKRATEN »

YEEEAAAAAHHHHH
:D
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

MUCHI MUCHI PORKUUUUU! 20 lbs, son. Check out that bark! Smoked overnite.

Paprika based rub on da left - "Rafute-style"
Jamaican Jerk with fresh mortal and pestle crushed allspice berries - "Ikuo-style"
Tomorrow we all gonna get down with The Renowned Mr. Brown.

--the F-man comin' atchya.
neccros

Post by neccros »

Will anyone have a copy of "100 Yen"?????

Frentic: I FINALLY found the Hot links!!!!! bringing 3lbs!
blackoak

Post by blackoak »

So bummed to be missing this. I had to return to the bay area earlier this week on urgent business, and was thinking I'd drive down again today or tomorrow anyway, but I came down last night with a cold. Blegh. Play some good rounds of Jamestown for me.
shmuplations.com - translated game developer interviews and more
support shmuplations on patreon!
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Four dozen Diddy Reise cookies have been accounted for.

The staff told me to call ahead next time; I ended up walking away with about half of their prepared cookies. :lol:
I love Ibara.
japtor

Post by japtor »

I just remembered my family runs a pizza place, I'll bring some pizzas, duh. One regular one, one non standard one...and an experimental one cause I need more test subjects for it (but hey the people that have tried it like it!).