Next Tokyo Meet - TBA 2017

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
rancor

Re: Next Tokyo Meet - ??/??/201?

Post by rancor »

I realize it may be a pain in the ass, but is it possible to see those 2 Neo Geo 64 driving games in action? :oops: :oops: I'd really like to play those at least once in my life..
dcharlieJP

Post by dcharlieJP »

You might need to put down plastic sheeting to protect against the resulting mess but : Space Harrier would be awesome
"It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved."
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by Shou »

rancor wrote:I realize it may be a pain in the ass, but is it possible to see those 2 Neo Geo 64 driving games in action? :oops: :oops: I'd really like to play those at least once in my life..
Haven't had a chance to wire those up yet! I'll take a look at the wiring again and see if we can get some kind of rig working. I've left the driving stuff for last as it's the most complicated to put a universal setup together for. You've got different types of steering wheels (4 types for what I have) and gear shifters (around 6 flavors) to deal with and then there are the buttons.

Space Harrier should be pretty straight forward, just need to make the harness as have the stick ready to go.
become history
Eaglet

Re: Next Tokyo Meet - April 27th 2013 - Shou's Place - Roppo

Post by Eaglet »

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that i'll be in Tokyo throughout July. :)
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

I'm really looking forward to this on the 27th. I'll def be there. I'd love to play some Gunball again, if possible.
Shou

Post by Shou »

scrilla4rella wrote:I'm really looking forward to this on the 27th. I'll def be there. I'd love to play some Gunball again, if possible.
What timing! I just dropped it off at Try this afternoon, they want to put it up for play...
become history
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Oo_!! I'll have to stop by and check it out. Mikado over here in Takadanobaba would be nothing without the generous private fans-collectors
originalz

Post by originalz »

27th then? I'll try to make it!
Shou

Post by Shou »

Looks like I am heading to the States for work around the 29th so let's aim for the 27th for now and if anything changes, I'll update here.
become history
mdl

Post by mdl »

What time are things supposed to get started? The 27th is gonna be super busy for me but if it's in the evening/night there should be no problem.

And speaking of Mikado, the Darius cab that burst into flames is back in service. No more Darius Extra, but Ninja Warriors is still there.
Shou

Post by Shou »

mdl wrote:What time are things supposed to get started? The 27th is gonna be super busy for me but if it's in the evening/night there should be no problem.

And speaking of Mikado, the Darius cab that burst into flames is back in service. No more Darius Extra, but Ninja Warriors is still there.
What times does everyone want to start?

Just got these ready to go if anyone wants to play them.

become history
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

mdl wrote:What time are things supposed to get started? The 27th is gonna be super busy for me but if it's in the evening/night there should be no problem.

They also have Tatsujin and Tatsujin Ou set up next to each other. There ia also some weird Jaleco Hori Shmup that went unreleased. Apparently one of the guys that worked on it back in the day loaned it out to Mikado.

As far as the staring time goes, evening is better. Anytime after 630 works but whatever works best for you guys is fine.

Road Blaster looks boss!
Shou

Post by Shou »

Let's do 6:30 then on the 27th.

Won't have the Hyper Neo driving games or Space Harrier ready. I just sent the latter out for the harness.

Any other requests?

Just got Desert Breaker (JP) working w/o battery if anyone wants to play it.

Don't have any other boards in the house at the moment other than my Hikaru stuff but it all requires wiring and UMK3 Juggernaut Hack.
become history
Shou

Post by Shou »

Attendance thus far...

Yes
rancor
mdl
scrilla4rella

Maybe
DCharlie
originalz
become history
mdl

Post by mdl »

Shou wrote:Attendance thus far...

Yes
rancor
mdl
scrilla4rella

Maybe
DCharlie
originalz
Put me under maybe, though the plan is for yes. :)
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

630 works for me. Yup, I'll def be there. Maybe I can send a FB message to GP, tho he's prob got some other shizz going on...
Shou

Post by Shou »

scrilla4rella wrote:630 works for me. Yup, I'll def be there. Maybe I can send a FB message to GP, tho he's prob got some other shizz going on...
I sent GP a message, he's back in town from the 24th so don't know if he'll be too busy to come by or not.
become history
rancor

Post by rancor »

talked to burgerkingdiamond last night and he's a "Yes" as well.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Yes
burgerkingdiamond
rancor
scrilla4rella

Maybe
DCharlie
Gaijin Punch
mdl
originalz
become history
mdl

Post by mdl »

Shou wrote:Yes
burgerkingdiamond
rancor
scrilla4rella

Maybe
DCharlie
Gaijin Punch
mdl
originalz
Got my schedule sorted out and I can definitely come.
Shou

Post by Shou »

Updated the list. Will send you guys a PM later tonight with directions and contact info.

Haven't heard of any game requests other than rancor and dcharlie's so not prepping anything!

Yes
burgerkingdiamond
mdl
rancor
scrilla4rella

Maybe
DCharlie
originalz

No
Gaijin Punch
become history
dcharlieJP

Post by dcharlieJP »

Sorry all, i've got a few things going on on Saturday - but i will be in Shou's neck of the woods so if i can pop in and say hi, i'll contact Shou directly.

cheers! :D
"It's really the only sensible thing to do, if its done safely. Therapeutically there's no danger involved."
originalz

Post by originalz »

I'll be there!
Shou

Post by Shou »

Sent my address to everyone on the Yes list
become history
rancor

Post by rancor »

Had a blast, Shou! :wink: Thanks again for having everyone over and for loaning me the degaussing wand. It worked like a charm, but there are some stubborn areas that it hasn't taken care of yet. I know you said not to over do it, so I'm going to break for a bit and reevaluate if I can live with the flaws or if I want to risk another go at it. :wink: I'll get it back to you as soon as golden week is over and postal service resumes. Oh, and I left my super play discs somewhere at your house. Seems I'm always leaving something or taking something from you.. haha.
The dishes your wife made last night were awesome as well, so please tell her thank you for those. Hopefully we can get together again soon before BKD is off for good.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Thanks for a great Saturday night of arcade gaming Shou! The falafels were delicious as well. Tempest 3000 with the rotary mod plus Middle-Eastern food?! It don't get much better then that :P !!

Rancor: thanks for hooking it up with Crimson Clover. I played it all day until I took a break to walk to Mikado so I could play the arcade version. Actually it took me more then a few play throughs before I figured out that you can shoot your vulcan while simultaneously using the lock-on shot. That really helps things out.

All in all, it was great hanging out all of you fine folks. Hope to see y'all again real soon
Shou

Post by Shou »

rancor wrote:Had a blast, Shou! :wink: Thanks again for having everyone over and for loaning me the degaussing wand. It worked like a charm, but there are some stubborn areas that it hasn't taken care of yet. I know you said not to over do it, so I'm going to break for a bit and reevaluate if I can live with the flaws or if I want to risk another go at it. :wink: I'll get it back to you as soon as golden week is over and postal service resumes. Oh, and I left my super play discs somewhere at your house. Seems I'm always leaving something or taking something from you.. haha.
The dishes your wife made last night were awesome as well, so please tell her thank you for those. Hopefully we can get together again soon before BKD is off for good.
You could do perm damage to the tube so be careful!

I noticed the pack of DVDs right after you left but you guys had already went down the elevator. lol I'll safe keep them until you come over next.

The wife was happy you guys liked the food, I'm sure she'll make something for the next get together.

I'm going to be out of town for most of May from Friday so hopefully we can do something when I get back.
become history
Shou

Post by Shou »

scrilla4rella wrote:Thanks for a great Saturday night of arcade gaming Shou! The falafels were delicious as well. Tempest 3000 with the rotary mod plus Middle-Eastern food?! It don't get much better then that :P !!
Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Next time, I'll get out Tatsujin-ou for mdl and we can do a tour of my storage shed, not much to see except a sea of bubblewrap though!

I'll try to have more of the deluxe games ready to go for next time. Maybe some 2Spicy?
become history
dcharlieJP

Re: Next Tokyo Meet - ??/??/2013

Post by dcharlieJP »

Sorry i missed it , hope to be there next time! :D
mdl

Post by mdl »

Shou wrote:Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Next time, I'll get out Tatsujin-ou for mdl and we can do a tour of my storage shed, not much to see except a sea of bubblewrap though!

I'll try to have more of the deluxe games ready to go for next time. Maybe some 2Spicy?
No worries, I still had a good time. Your place is pants-wetting, and as noted, the falafel was great!

Hope to see you all again soon!