Anyone around in the Fargo Moorhead area

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
drewmantrivia

Anyone around in the Fargo Moorhead area

Post by drewmantrivia »

Just wondering if anyone is in my neck of the woods. I have made the trip down to the cities a few times to game with people but never in town. Post if you ever would want to meet up.
CStarFlare

Re: Anyone around in the Fargo Moorhead area

Post by CStarFlare »

So I'm a couple weeks late, but I'm in Minot. Not quite the area, but I'm there a few times a year.

Does FM have any real arcades these days? Used to stop at the Pirate's Den for DDR back when it was still around.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
GateofThunderforceIII

Post by GateofThunderforceIII »

CStarFlare wrote:So I'm a couple weeks late, but I'm in Minot. Not quite the area, but I'm there a few times a year.

Does FM have any real arcades these days? Used to stop at the Pirate's Den for DDR back when it was still around.

CStarFlare, are you still here at Minot? I've been here for 1 year and a half...deployed for six. Would be nice to meet a fellow shmupper here in this miserable place to make it less sucky. Do you know any hot but nice chick I could hang out with? Preferrably NOT a Star Lite Club type drunk ass bar slut. Or Blind Duck ho either.
WTD
dr. mr.

Post by dr. mr. »

pirates den!! oh man, i have missed that place. i have looked around for pictures online of that place or bump and tilt... that was the two places i remember besides showbiz, before it became a chuckie cheeze... i moved out of fargo a while ago, are there any places to play there?

come to chicago for dr. boom's winter carnival!
bottledoj

Post by bottledoj »

I'm living in the Fargo area and have a small group of friends that collect and restore arcade cabinets. We generally all play shmups and fight games but have been known to bust out Neo Turf Masters when the moon is full. Let's all have a meetup and make this wasteland rad again.
drewmantrivia

Post by drewmantrivia »

Hey bottledoj thanks for posting! I am crazy backed up right now with school starting up in a few weeks. I should have some time in September to meet up and do something.
Do you know of any arcade places left in the FM area? I know that Fargo Pinball has a few arcade machines in the corner but not much to write home about.
Let me know a good way to get a hold of you and we can figure out something.
Thanks again!
Andrew J