Seattle area

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
captain ahar

Seattle area

Post by captain ahar »

i am going to be in seattle from the 18th to the 26th of july, and am wondering if anyone might like to meet up. i've never been there before so maybe show me around a bit. thanks.

regs
capt
I have no sig whatsoever.
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

There are a few members around here. I may not be the best person to have show you around, as I can't drive. I'm not sure if you know PaCrappa, but I've gotten together with him a couple of times. If you want to get together for a shmupmeet here, he's probably the person to ask about it, he's a nice guy and has loads of arcade stuff. I think Vexorg and BobVila both live in the area as well. There are some people who get together on some Sunday nights, but that's the absolute worst time of the week for me, so I've unfortunately never been able to come.

By the way, what are you doing in town?
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i'm going to have a look see at the digipen. i'm trying to figure out where i want to transfer to in 2006, and so far this is the most appealing thing i have heard about.

i remember vexorg game me some information on some hotels in the area back before i settled on the youth hostel.

well thanks a lot for the info. maybe i'll shoot off a few pms to see if anyone is interested in including me. :oops:
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

Well, let me know, I'd be interested, too, if I can get some time off work.
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

Unfortunately, I'm leaving town the morning of the 19th. If you get in at a reasonable hour on the 18th I'd love to take you to Re: Me and Pink Godzilla. Haven't been to PG since they opened. There's another import shop that I don't really go to but give you easy directions. Too bad we won't both be here on a Sunday. That's when I hook up with Paleface and the boys to get real serious.

Pa
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

just looked at my itinerary, and if everything goes on time, i'll arrive around 10:30pm on the 18th...

shicks, looks like i can't make it.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I considered transferring to Digipen at one point, but then I realized I would just be throwing down a lot of money to go through a hellish curriculum so I could possibly land a job working 80 hours a week on a game I probably wouldn't like.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

[dream_sequence] yeah, but after school i'm going to go to japan and get a job with cave[/dream_sequence]

after i get a bit of experience i really want to go to San Diego and impress the pants off tim schafer (although i understand that he doesn't wear pants very often anyway...).
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

if anyone would like to get together, i am leaving this monday.

send me some contact info so we can consider making plans.