The Midwest Shmupmeet..*Dates now Posted*

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
DantesInferno

The Midwest Shmupmeet..*Dates now Posted*

Post by DantesInferno »

After I realized there are a few of us in this area..and after Stormowl kind of brought it up in OT..I thought I could sponsor a shmupmeet for us in the area, and anyone else who would like to come. As far as space goes, I have quite a bit. I have two spare bedrooms, three couches, a couple loveseats and TONS of floorspace. I will get a list of all the games/systems/pcbs I have eventually, and anyone can bring whatever they want. I currently use a 32" sony xbr to game on, but I am trying to get a 34" henterax rgb monitor. Either way, we will be fine I think. I am thinking maybe have it from Friday to Sunday..possibly a cookout on Sat. night. I am taking off three weeks at the end of March/beginning of April. I was also thinking about waiting until Ibara was released so I could have it for play. So sometime in there is my target date for the shoot-fest. Sound good? GREAT! I will add more details later.
Last edited by DantesInferno on Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strychnine

Post by Strychnine »

Where in the midwest do you live exactly? I'm in Chicago myself.
The white clouds floating on the great blue sky
And the boiling red blood shed in fierce gaming
Those who give up halfway through
Their battered bodies will never forget!

Segata Sanshiro, Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn... shiro!
Stormowl

Post by Stormowl »

i'm effing there. i'd say wait until Ibara comes out, that would make a killer shmupmeet. March/April sounds perfect. didn't you say you had a built in bar too? :shock: :D
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Do you have Mushihime already? That would be crazy to play Ibara!
All I have is a Matt Supergun + Ketsui hooked to a commodore. I am located in Madison, Wisconsin btw.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Yeah where are you? I'm in Minnesota. I'd deffinetly like to go if I'm able to.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I'd be a maybe, as it would be a long, but doable, drive for me. Right now I'm working on a temporary basis, so I'm not sure if I'll be employed at that time or where I'll be living.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

Mushi..yes
Home Bar...yes

My basement is finished and is like..one huge room with one bedroom which houses my gameroom. The rest is just a nice big room with the bar and a home theater setup. I would like to have a pool table someday. Shmupfest 2005 is beginning to take shape!!
Andi

Post by Andi »

I have no idea if I can make it, but I'm interested in hearing about the details. If you are starting a PM list put me on it.
captain ahar

?

Post by captain ahar »

i will ask as well, where are you located DantesInferno?

and i would appreciate it if you could keep me informed (pm, e-mail, whatever). i am in michigan myself.
I have no sig whatsoever.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

I live in Muscatine, Ia..right on the mississippi on the border of illinois. I am about 3-4 hours from chicago. ;) I will keep everyone updated. I am currently working on getting a list of what I have so others know what to bring.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Thats about 5-6 hours for me but for a chance to play Mushihime and Ibara I'd try my best to make it. :shock:
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

I'm glad to see all the interest! I figured I would update with a list of the systems I have, along with a list of all the shooting games I have as well so if anyone wants to bring anything they can.

Here are the systems:

PC Duo RX
PSONE
Japanese White Sega Saturn
US Black Sega Saturn
Modded PS2
Modded XBOX
Unmodded XBOX
Gamecube with GBA Player
Sega Dreamcast
Homemade Supergun

I play all my snes/nes/genesis games via my modded xbox as well as all the Neo Geo games. I have many control pads for all systems, and a good number of joysticks as well. If anyone has a pad they usually play on they are welcome to bring them as well. On to the list..

Here is a list of all the shooting games I have:

Playstation:

Air Grave
Capcom Generation 1
Capcom Generation 2
Cotton Original
Dodonpachi
Donpachi
Einhander
G Darius
Gradius Gaiden
Gunbird
Raiden Project
Raiden DX
Racrisis
Raystorm
R-Types
R-Type Delta
Salamander Deluxe Pack
Shooter Space Shot
Soukyugurentai
Strikers 1945
Strikers 1945 II
Thunderforce V
Zanac X Zanac

Playstation 2:

Gradius 3 and 4
Gradius V
Psyvariar Complete
Psyvariar II
Shikigami No Shiro
Shikigami II
Double Shienryu
R-Type Final
Psikyo Collection vol. 1
Psikyo Collection vol. 2
Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou
ESPGaluda

Gamecube:

Shikigami II
Ikaruga

XBOX:

Shikigami No Shiro
Shikigami II
Psyvariar II

Saturn:

Batsugun
Battle Garegga
Blastwind
Donpachi
Dodonpachi
Galactic Attack
Game Tengoku
Gekirinden
Gunbird
Rayforce
Layer Section
Radiant Silvergun
Shienryu
Skull Fang
Soukyugurentai
Sonic Wings Special
Steam Hearts
Strikers 1945
Strikers 1945 II
Twinkle Star Sprites
Cotton 2
Cotton Boomerang
Dezaemon 2
Salamander Deluxe Pack
Gokujyou Parodius Da! D.P.
Gradius Deluxe
Hyper Duel
Chatting Parodius
Macross Remember Love
Sengoku Blade
Sexy Parodius
In The Hunt
Metal Black
Sol Divide
Thunderforce Gold Pack 2
Thunderforce V

Turbo Duo:

Lords of Thunder
Gate of Thunder
Star Parodier
Summer Carnival '92
Summer Carnival '93
Nexzr
Rayxanber II
Rayxanber III
Magical Chase

Sega CD:

Keio Flying Squadron
Android Assault

Dreamcast:

Gunbird 2
Gigawing (jap and us)
Gigawing 2 (jap and us)
Border Down
Ikaruga
Psyvariar 2
Shikigami No Shiro 2
Zero Gunner 2
Cannon Spike
Bangai-O
Mars Matrix

PCB:

Donpachi
Dodonpachi
ESPRaDe
Guwange
Dangun Feveron
Progear (jap)
Ketsui
Mushi
Dragon Blaze
Strikers 1945
Strikers 1945 II
Gunbarich
Batsugun Special
Battle Garegga
Batrider
Battle Bakraid
Dimahoo
Macross Plus
Raiden Fighters 2
Metal Black
Twin Cobra
19XX
1944 The Loop Master
Flying Shark
Mystic Riders
P-47 Aces
Space Bomber

If anyone has any of the other Raiden Fighters games or Viper Phase I it would be appreciated as would Strikers 1999. Cyvern would be killer too. As far as Ibara goes, I have a bonus coming in early march and I am going to take 90% of it and put it toward my home and the other 10% will go to Ibara..and maybe Raiden III depending on how good it is. Gigawing Generations will most likely also make an appearance if I get it for ps2 by then. I will keep everyone updated by pm with more details, or I will post on this thread.
FRO

Post by FRO »

If this "shmupmeet" will happen later on (i.e. late spring, summer) when I get my vacation time, I'm there. That's a bit of a drive for me, but I think it'd be worth it. Add me to your PM list if you're doing one for this event. I'm definitely interested. Also, I 2nd the Viper Phase 1 thing above... :D
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Sees list of shooter.... :shock: Holy crap

I can bring my component video super gun, a tate TV, You have all the PCBs I have so I dont think those would be worth bringing. (Ketsui, ESPrade, Progear, Batrider)

*Also I'll be driving to Omaha this weekend so I'll get a better idea of how long it will take to get there as all I would do is go east on 80 instead of west to Nebraska.
captain ahar

question

Post by captain ahar »

could someone help me get there? i am currently without a car (or license, yes at 20 years old). i looked into some greyhound fares but Dantes hometown is limited service (they will only plan the bus when they get a certain number of requests). they do have regular stops between Grand rapids (where i am in MI) and IA, such as Chicago and Des Moines, but regardless of where i go i would need a ride to get to the meet. i would be more than happy to help with gas and whatnot.

if anyone is available shoot me a pm.
Andi

Re: question

Post by Andi »

captain ahar wrote:could someone help me get there? i am currently without a car (or license, yes at 20 years old). i looked into some greyhound fares but Dantes hometown is limited service (they will only plan the bus when they get a certain number of requests).
Ugh. I wouldn't have any way to get there either then. God damn bus. It's never let me down before.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

I sould also note that the weekend of April 16th I'll be at my brothers wedding, But you mentioned end of March beginning of April so....whatever.
captain ahar

bumping to ask...

Post by captain ahar »

is anything still happening for this? it just seems to have sunk by a large margin in the forums
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Moved topic to new Shmupmeets board. :) Left a shadow link in topic's original location.
Stormowl

Re: bumping to ask...

Post by Stormowl »

captain ahar wrote:is anything still happening for this? it just seems to have sunk by a large margin in the forums
well i think dantesinferno is probably going to wait on updates until he has a more firm date established. it's quite clear from this thread that there is definite intrest.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

There is much interest..there are a few people around here who want in on it too. I am trying to lock down a date when everyone can be there. I'm also working on setting up another gaming area in my basement. If we get more than 20 people the gameroom will start to get cramped. I also recently snagged up a NEO GEO system so anyone with carts can bring them. I'll also be updating my game list soon too as I have made a few new acquisitions.
captain ahar

also of note...

Post by captain ahar »

i can actually contribute something (depending on the timing). i just sent away for Great Mahou Daisakusen (like a moron, since I can't play it on my own now). i'll bring it if i can make it to the meet.
Marionette

Post by Marionette »

Count me in. I am about two hours away. Are you anywhere close to Burlington? My mother and stepfather live there. I don't have a lot to contribute that you don't already have, but I would still like to come try some games out. Not to mention, school you fellas on Gunbird.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

Marionette wrote:Count me in. I am about two hours away. Are you anywhere close to Burlington? My mother and stepfather live there. I don't have a lot to contribute that you don't already have, but I would still like to come try some games out. Not to mention, school you fellas on Gunbird.
Rock on!! I am about 45 minutes from Burlington, hope to see you there..:)
Blade

Post by Blade »

How far away is this from Waukesha?
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

DantesInferno wrote:There is much interest..there are a few people around here who want in on it too. I am trying to lock down a date when everyone can be there. I'm also working on setting up another gaming area in my basement. If we get more than 20 people the gameroom will start to get cramped. I also recently snagged up a NEO GEO system so anyone with carts can bring them. I'll also be updating my game list soon too as I have made a few new acquisitions.
I can bring quite a few carts then. 8)
Stormowl

Post by Stormowl »

Blade wrote:How far away is this from Waukesha?
it's looking like it will be held in muscatine iowa, which is located just west of davenport.
Marionette

Post by Marionette »

Dante! I am going to Burlington to see my mom this Saturday, would it be ok to drop by? I would like to have a half-assed idea of how to get there.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

Marionette wrote:Dante! I am going to Burlington to see my mom this Saturday, would it be ok to drop by? I would like to have a half-assed idea of how to get there.
Check your pms ;)
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Wait, is that Neo Geo an AES or MVS?