The Midwest Shmupmeet..*Dates now Posted*

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

My NEO is an AES.

Some new news, since Ibara is set for a May release, I think I may wait until then to have it, because I do want it there. I am also donating a part of my tax refund to Homura. This is tentative, but I will keep everyone updated. I think the meet would rock more, if we had Ibara, and maybe Homura..and trizeal.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

you have my support in this new plan (as if you needed it). i must play Ibara!
I have no sig whatsoever.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Sounds good to me.
FRO

Post by FRO »

I'm hoping to get Trizeal for my birthday, thought that isn't until nearly the end of April. I want to be there if we can lock in a date.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

Here are the dates I am considering..

May 20,21,22

May 27,28,29

I will start pming soon, but I thought it out for anyone who wanted to know what I was looking at date wise. If this one is a success, I may plan another toward the end of summer.
Stormowl

Post by Stormowl »

DantesInferno wrote:Here are the dates I am considering..

May 20,21,22

May 27,28,29

I will start pming soon, but I thought it out for anyone who wanted to know what I was looking at date wise. If this one is a success, I may plan another toward the end of summer.
PERFECT

this will work out great.

EDIT #2:

forget what i said. either weekend will work.
Last edited by Stormowl on Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

That sounds good to me too. 8)

Either weekend should work out just fine.
Last edited by Kiel on Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

Pm's sent to everyone interested.
FRO

Post by FRO »

I'll bring some systems w/ me for the old-school shmup fans out there who either need that fix or haven't played some of the older games. My tentative list:

Gameboy/GBC:
Project S-11
R-Type DX

NES:
Sky Shark
Twin Cobra
Burai Fighter
Abadox
Gradius
Life Force
Cybernoid
Dragon Spirit
Fantasy Zone
Guardian Legend
Metal Fighter
SCAT
Zanac

Genesis:
Lightening Force
Gaiares
Steel Empire
Thunderforce 2
Wings of Wor
Fire Shark
Arrow Flash
Bio Hazard Battle
Earth Defense/The Earth Defend (so you can all revel in it's awefullness)
Elemental Master
Phelios
Subterrania (borderliner)
Truxton
Vapor Trail

SMS:
Astro Warrior
Transbot
Bomber Raid (only if someone has an SMS - I have a Power Base Converter, but this game doesn't work w/ that)

TurboGrafx:
Blazing Lazers

PSX:
Gekioh: Shooting King (US Shienryu release)
N2O Nitrous Oxide (tunnel shmup ala Tempest, borderliner)
Philosima
Sol Divide

Sega CD:
Sol-Feace
Silpheed
Robo-Aleste

Saturn:
Strikers 1945 II (I know the PCB will be there, this is mostly for anyone who hasn't seen the Saturn release & wants to check it out)

Dreamcast:
Trizeal (tentative, based on if I get it for my birthday like I'm hoping!)

If anyone has any objections to this list, let me know.

Also, my wife is planning on coming, though she's not a shmupper. Are there any other spouses or significant others coming that might not play any shmups or any games?

One last thing - since Dante bought the Star Wars-themed Dreamcast, I was thinking about bringing my Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike GameCube game as well as Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, in case anyone needed to wind-down from the massive amounts of shmupping we'll be doing! :D
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

FRO wrote:I'll bring some systems w/ me for the old-school shmup fans out there who either need that fix or haven't played some of the older games. My tentative list:

Gameboy/GBC:
Project S-11
R-Type DX

NES:
Sky Shark
Twin Cobra
Burai Fighter
Abadox
Gradius
Life Force
Cybernoid
Dragon Spirit
Fantasy Zone
Guardian Legend
Metal Fighter
SCAT
Zanac

Genesis:
Lightening Force
Gaiares
Steel Empire
Thunderforce 2
Wings of Wor
Fire Shark
Arrow Flash
Bio Hazard Battle
Earth Defense/The Earth Defend (so you can all revel in it's awefullness)
Elemental Master
Phelios
Subterrania (borderliner)
Truxton
Vapor Trail

SMS:
Astro Warrior
Transbot
Bomber Raid (only if someone has an SMS - I have a Power Base Converter, but this game doesn't work w/ that)

TurboGrafx:
Blazing Lazers

PSX:
Gekioh: Shooting King (US Shienryu release)
N2O Nitrous Oxide (tunnel shmup ala Tempest, borderliner)
Philosima
Sol Divide

Sega CD:
Sol-Feace
Silpheed
Robo-Aleste

Saturn:
Strikers 1945 II (I know the PCB will be there, this is mostly for anyone who hasn't seen the Saturn release & wants to check it out)

Dreamcast:
Trizeal (tentative, based on if I get it for my birthday like I'm hoping!)

If anyone has any objections to this list, let me know.

Also, my wife is planning on coming, though she's not a shmupper. Are there any other spouses or significant others coming that might not play any shmups or any games?

One last thing - since Dante bought the Star Wars-themed Dreamcast, I was thinking about bringing my Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike GameCube game as well as Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, in case anyone needed to wind-down from the massive amounts of shmupping we'll be doing! :D
Bring your wife! I am trying to encourage the bringing of significant others. A couple of my female friends will be there who aren't shmuppers ..along with a couple of my other gaming friends. There is plenty to do around my house, I have a home theater setup, tons of movies..and I am not far from town. I have Star Wars trivial pursuit and pretty much every console based star wars game made..I will (hopefully) have the Star Wars DVD Trivial Pursuit by then..I think it comes out next month. I want to make it a nice social fun event.

As for the games and systems..bring whatever you like. Having multiples and variety will be nice.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

So if I bring my component video super gun and tate tv nobody will complane. :wink:

ANd are there any particular Neo Geo game you want to check out? Chances are I probably have it.
shadowstar

Post by shadowstar »

Man, I haven't been here in a while. Anyway, I'm in Manly, Iowa here (close to Mason City).

I've got Steel Battalion too, if someone wants to give that a whirl.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

So, can we set a for sure date so I can request the time off from work?
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

shadowstar wrote:Man, I haven't been here in a while. Anyway, I'm in Manly, Iowa here (close to Mason City).

I've got Steel Battalion too, if someone wants to give that a whirl.
I would love to whirl it.
Stormowl

Post by Stormowl »

i think Dante is in Japan right now. i'll be in florida skimboarding on the 20-22 [if i get work off], so that weekend may not work...
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

Stormowl wrote:i think Dante is in Japan right now. i'll be in florida skimboarding on the 20-22 [if i get work off], so that weekend may not work...
Actually I am still around, I have been on vacation for the past week since the Japan trip got delayed til this coming monday. As for dates, well..I was having a hard time deciding which weekend to have it, but work made the decision easy for me. The weekend of the 20-22 is not going to work because our awards/recognition dinner is that saturday night. So, the following weekend it is officially..

May 27-29
ryosnk

Post by ryosnk »

I'm so interested but I don't have a car. Anyone from Chicago going? Pm with more info :).
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

look as if i won't be able to attend. too much money at the wrong time to get there. i am awfully disappointed though, looks as if my Dimahoo will have to sit around without use for another while. :cry:
Stormowl

Post by Stormowl »

captain ahar wrote:look as if i won't be able to attend. too much money at the wrong time to get there. i am awfully disappointed though, looks as if my Dimahoo will have to sit around without use for another while. :cry:
sorry to hear that...

maybe something will still open up for ya.

i plan on going even it just ends up being me and Dante, but i doubt it will come to that.
FRO

Post by FRO »

I may not be able to attend now either because all salaried employees where I work are taking a pay cut starting next month. Anyone work for a company that needs a network administrator or assistant admin? I'm looking for a new job...

http://resumes.hotjobs.com/metalfro2000/jr.networkadmin
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

I bringing a friend with and he will bring along Viper Phase 1 new version special edition, Raiden Fighters Jet, and Strikers '99. 8)
FRO

Post by FRO »

^^ You're bringing a Viper Phase 1 PCB? You're my hero. Remind me to hug you when I meet you :D

I did get my vacation time after all, and I'm not dirt poor like I thought I'd be. All you shmuppers coming with trades or games to sell, let me know if you have any good import Saturn stuff or domestic rarities. I'll bring the cash!
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Is this still going to happen? We could use an update.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Kiel wrote:Is this still going to happen? We could use an update.
I haven't been able to reach Dante'sInferno all week. I've sent him 2 PM's and called his house, but have received no response. If I don't hear from him in the next day or two, I'm going to assume something has come up and he can't do it.

In that case, I would be willing to host it at my house. Keep in mind, I don't have a PS2 or a supergun (or a cabinet for that matter). I also only have 2 TV's, one of them being an old, large console TV. I don't have any TATE-able monitors, so if anyone really wants TATE they'll have to bring a small TV or monitor for that purpose.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

IIRC he said something about going to Japan...Not sure about the date.

I think maybe we should consider it called off.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Like I said, I'm willing to host it here if you guys still want to do it. I took my vacation time and everything, so it would kinda suck if we couldn't do it at all.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I'm out too. I recently started a new job, and I won't be able to take off work (if I was still at my old job I'd have taken off a few days to see Chicago first, since I've never been there and it's on the way). Given how far away I am, I'd spend the majority of the weekend driving and sleeping, not shmupping.

Looking forward to hearing about it, though, if it doesn't fall through.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Does anyone still want to do this? PM me if interested.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

If I went to Nebraska I'd end up spending the time with my brother. Sorry.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

as the proposed dates have passed with no news from Dante... what happened?