jonny5 meet - 1 last time, May 5th - WE PLAY!!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

malik11 wrote:@jonny5:
We can probably just play yoko games the whole time in the second cabinet, as long as we can play tates on your television, right?
ya...i just figured mushi was going to be getting steady play and i didnt think anybody was going to opt for raiden dx over that...and lets not forget esprade

but ya that works fine for me.....the main reason i was gonna tate the other cab was for some dai ou jou and galuda action....looks amazing in the cab

i might still tate it when you guys are there cuz with so many hands it will be easy

but ya......no prob tateing the tv
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

STG love is very rare in Toronto.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

SFKhoa wrote:STG love is very rare in every part of the world but japan.
fixed

and i wasnt just refering to STG's....while that is obviously our first love....but arcade games in general.....

most of my friends....i say most but there arent all that many of them :oops: ....think im nuts......especially when they find out how much lootz i throw down for cabs and games......

but is well worth it......and i am totally the coolest kid on my block....lolz........... :wink:

you guys are gonna have some fun with mushi....i cant wait....i love watching you guys play....and thankfully mushi doesnt save scores so i dont have your scores bitch slapping me in the face everytime i play....lolz

but i dont care about scores much at this point.....im mainly working technique at this point......the scoring system is a little tricky and very hard on the fingers......especially the HCTA technique....ouch.....carpel tunnul anybody.....lolz

and im actually playing quite a bit of fighting games again, now that i can play them on the cab....much more enjoyable for me.....and i can hold my own a bit better against you guys with fighting games.....

and sadly unless the replacement chips for the control adapters come tomorrow there will be no third strike......but lots of other fighters to play...

ive been playing a lot of capcom vs snk 2.....i gonna woop you guys good....heh heh
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

What control adapters do you mean? o_O
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

for da JPAC

it has control issues with some games.....andy @ ultmarc is sending me a newer chip for it

sadly third strike is one of the games with issues.....lots work tho

oh ya....bring your psx to saturn adapter....i sold mine with my saturn so otherwise you guys will be stuck on pads with khoas saturn
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

yay....chips came today.....i just installed them and all is working now....im playing third strike right now!!!! HELLZ YA!!

worked out perfectly!!

see everybody tomorrow
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

somebody bring a ps2 (preferably modded and a fat would be good so i can throw my HDD in it)

just went to play a game with my g/f and realized the player port is dead....not the adapter...the actual port

im going to see if i can get it repaired(will depend if they have the parts),otherwise i will be getting a new ps2 very soon and just swap the chip if possible,otherwise i will just softmod it for the meantime, and get it chipped later

fuck man.....one thing afer the other with this ps2.....first the force feedback, now the player 2 port.....wouldnt surprise me if the player 1 port goes soon to....

oh well...i can get a used fat ps2 for like 60 bux

see ya tomorrow
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

woah woah woah wait.
I have a (extra) PS2 which is officially dead, perhaps you can salvage some parts from it?

Also, do you have some kind of autofire circuit that can be used in your cabs? Raiden DX doesn't have autofire, and it would be a bitch to tap the button into oblivion.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

sadly no.....

and as for the ps2, i have somebody who fixes them, but he doesnt like fat ps2's so im gonna have to beg him to fix it.....im gonna call him tomorrow

if you could bring me the ps2 for parts that would be helpful in case he doesnt have the parts

im so pissed....finally get the adapter sorted so all games work properly with controls and now the p2 port is dead.....fuck me :evil:
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Well today was certainly packed and supremely awesome.
Damn you, jonny5, spoiling us with the PCB ver. of Mushihime. Now we can never look at the PS2 port the same way again.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

awesome time today boys....great as always to have you all over....

so how does sat september 6th sound for everybody for the next meet?

and im going to start having a mini tournament at each meet....

$5 a head

we all take the same amount of runs throughout the day...

highest score at the end of the day takes all

and for the first tournament its gonna be mushi ultra mode with w-type(to even the scoring capabilities)

let me know if this date is cool for everyone....

and barring the odd exception there will be a meet every 2 weeks, most likely on saturdays, from now on!!!

we have way too much fun to not do this more often.....

.....and hopefully i should have the xbox and dc up and running in the cab by then...and i will have the ps2 issues sorted as well

talk to everybody soon
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Holy shit, a meet right on my birthday.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

can you make it?

the big 2-0!!!

khoa's becoming a man!!!

i will get a cake....
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Happy shmupday to you .. o_O
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

hey khoa...any idea what make of chip is in the ps2 you left at my place....depending on the make i can probably bypass the need of the laser at all....
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I honestly do not remember...
I was one of those ppl that never paid attention to what type of chip it is, as long as it runs burnt games, that's all that mattered to me...... lol
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

shhhhhhhhhhhh

so are you going to be able to make it for the 6th?
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

It's going to be a MAYBE for this one, since I'm going to assume something big is going to happen on my side... if not, then I'll be there like usual. Hah.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

well hopefully you can make it, but the meet will still happen..

hey if nobody cmoes and i have the tournament im guaranteed to win...lolz

hopefully everybody else can make it
malik11

Post by malik11 »

jonny5 wrote:hey khoa...any idea what make of chip is in the ps2 you left at my place....depending on the make i can probably bypass the need of the laser at all....
If I'm not mistaken, the chip series NEO uses that particular power-on method with the reset button for special booting. I don't remember having come across any other series that use that method, so you might be able to find out what version the chip is based on the version of the PS2.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

its no worries....i was just wondering, cuz with my chip you can go into the menu and set it boot elf files, ie.) hdloader direct fromt he memory card or HDD......meaning if he had a chip like mine i could set it up to boot direct.....without needing a working laser.....

but i already tried....and the laser wont read the ps1 disc
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Hey bro, do you still remember what my Exelica score was? I actually want to submit it to the High score thread.
malik11

Post by malik11 »

SFKhoa wrote:Hey bro, do you still remember what my Exelica score was? I actually want to submit it to the High score thread.
59 xxx xxx
I'm sure he has it saved on the VMU. At least you know it's at least fifty-nine million points.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

i actually didnt have a VMU hooked up that day....but i have the score on the video....the video looks like shit, but i can get you the score tonight
Last edited by jonny5 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malik11

Post by malik11 »

Should have written it down, like me. lol :wink:
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

so i got all the adapters so the ps2 xbox and DC are up and running in the cab

hope to see you all next saturday
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Sorry to break the bad news, but I won't be going to the meet. All my friends are dragging me to some fancy restraurant on my birthday.... hahahaha.

Oh, jonny5, I know I asked you this, but I forgot what your answer was.
For your LCD monitor, where did you get the monitor arm from? I need a good arm to tate my monitor for occasional STGs and stuff.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

futureshop.....but im not sure if they have it anymore....its normally $100+ but i got it half off....it was the last one my location had
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

oh ya.....almost forgot...

@malik11: found batsugun special for ya.....dont think it runs with sound tho....its on my xbox as well and no sound....but no glitch and full speed, other than no sound
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

If things go as planned, I *will* have Mushihimesama Futari in by the next meet (any after the sept.6 meet). I'm just praying to god I don't get outbid at the moment.