jonny5 meet - 1 last time, May 5th - WE PLAY!!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

SFKhoa wrote:FUCK YES I LOVE YOU.
***awwww-kward***
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

Hey, I haven't posted here in like, forever and I don't play shmups as much as I used to (or would like to) but I'm still in Toronto - may I join you guys?
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

the more the merrier....drop me a PM and i will give you directions and let you know a more exact time as the date approaches....

i hope you like cave..... :lol:
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Holy shit, Zhon's back from the grave.
EDIT: holy shit 1337 posts.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

this meet is gonna be epic!!!
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Please tell me we can play that Hokuto no Ken fighting game during the meet. :D
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

no.....

the only thing that will be on that cab for the meet is street fighter:the movie

muah-ha-ha-ha-ha :twisted:
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

jonny5 wrote:no.....

the only thing that will be on that cab for the meet is street fighter:the movie

muah-ha-ha-ha-ha :twisted:
Good that you referred to it as a thing and not a game .. :P

I should be able to make it. YAY
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

what you mean?

best street fighter EVAR!!! :lol:
malik11

Post by malik11 »

jonny5 wrote:what you mean?
I think he means he's pleased that you're able to use that cabinet for things other than games.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

no i meant street fighter:the movie...the game.....you ruin da joke.... :?
malik11

Post by malik11 »

Okay, I think I get it now. It's amazing that that game (or thing) was manufactured for more than one region.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

hey....somebody has to bring a modded ps2......the force feedback circuit fuse on mine blew and that is what powers the JPAC.....and im not sure if i can have it fixed by saturday.....

all the repair/mod shops in town either say they cant fix it, even tho im telling them what to fix and how to do it....or they wont work on old ps2's cuz "its a waste of time".....assholes

i really need to learn to solder better.....i dont trust myself on something this fine.....even tho i know what to fix and how to do it

im gonna see if brendz can give me a hand with the soldering, cuz otherwise im gonna be looking at getting a new one.....which would suck... a lot....its just a matter of bridging the connection with a wire.....so simple

worst part is the ps2 still works fine(minus rumble capabilities), but the control adapters for the JPAC cant draw any power from the force feedback circuit to power itself and the JPAC

let me know

thanx
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I'd bring mine, but it's a piece of shit. Expect loading times to be multiplied by 3x.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

I still have my twins PS2, it uses a flip-top mod to play imports.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

does it play backups?

not that i have any or anything like that :roll:

my buddy is prolly gonna give me his old fat ps2 and i will more than likely softmod it for the weekend and then cannibalize it for the fuse i need after that

but if somebody could bring one as a backup that would be cool
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Yes, it plays backups, I will see if I can drag it along

Also everyone should view this : http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=41868
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

that was hilarious dude.....

and honestly dude....its a slim ps2....it will totally fit in your purse.....jokes :lol:
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

we shouldnt need it now......im going to hack the power line to the JPAC and line it into a 9 volt power adapter and all will be fine....yay

saturday is gonna be fun.....third strike, hokuto no ken, kof 98 ultimate match.....not to mention mushi and raiden dx and esprade

and malik11....you have to drag john this time.....

and i need you guys to decide if you want to play vertical games on the PS2 first or fighting games....cuz im only rotating the monitor once, so if we start with fighting games on it, once it goes vertical im not changing it back till you guys are gone.....shits heavy.....

in fact since i normally have it horizontal i will prolly tate it before you guys get there and we can play some verts on it and i will rotate it back to hori later in the day so that means i only have to rotate it twice, not 3 times

lmk
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

update....ps2 is back up and running in the cab......i rule.....but all the credit goes to andy @ ultimarc.....dudes a genius!!

see ya saturday boy-o's
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Hey malik, hitch me a ride again? :D
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

lolz....you lazy bastard

2 buses.....you dont even need to ride the subway.....

i could walk to your house in an hour....

i gave zhon the info so hopefully he comes out

im excited....this is gonna be a blast
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

Hey jonny5...
You think that sometime during fall/winter, you would be able to "rent" out the mushi PCB to Pacific Mall just for one month? I'd love to see how much money it would make in an actual arcade.

Maybe you can get a certain percentage of revenue that it makes while in the arcade. Most likely though.

Also, I still want a ride. I'm really effing lazy to take the bus lol.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

effing....lolz :lol:

i dont know about renting but i might be down for a trade for progear for a month....a few months down the road tho.....im still playing mushi A LOT and want to put in some time before i let it out of my hands....

we shall see.....i would have to actually go there and meet the owners and discuss it.....its a $600 game after all...and even with there progear in my hands, if anything happened to mushi i would be at a loss, cuz i like mushi a lot more than progear and mushi is worth more....is there progear us region or japan?

definitely worth a thought tho.....i was actually going to see if you wanted to ask them if they might be willing to do a trade for a little while for my esprade(the new one, not the fried one) for progear....i could do this now as im not playing esprade with mushi in the cab....i could however throw progear in the hori cab

and as for your lazyness...you could ride a bike here in like 20 mins dude....yer hilarious :lol:

but we can talk about the possible trades saturday
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I got a hold of the RDX PCB today, and well... I'm definitely not bussing with all these stuff with me.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Except everybody around you is busing with an iPhone worth way more than a dusty old RDX PCB. Unless you're worried about a fat guy sitting on it or something.

I bused with Ketsui a few times already.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

iatneH wrote:Except everybody around you is busing with an iPhone worth way more than a dusty old RDX PCB. Unless you're worried about a fat guy sitting on it or something.

I bused with Ketsui a few times already.
well, if I do bus, I'm not going to bus w/ just the RDX PCB. My saturn, HRAP1, and the PCB with it.
malik11

Post by malik11 »

SFKhoa wrote:Hey malik, hitch me a ride again? :D
-Saved
malik11

Post by malik11 »

@jonny5:
We can probably just play yoko games the whole time in the second cabinet, as long as we can play tates on your television, right?
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

this is true....i forgot how much you were bringing.....

but hey....i brought my mushi kit home from brendz's place in my bag on the subway....i dont drive...gotta get places somehow.....

but ya....im getting excited....i love having you guys over.....im not a social person really....but i really enjoy all of your company....and outside of you guys i dont know anybody who shares my love of this stuff....and i love sharing my stuff with you guys.....you guys appreciate playing actual PCB's in actual candy cabs....it puts a smile on my face for sure

and honestly, we barely know each other but we get along famously because we all have a lot in common, while still being very different people outside of gaming.....like im assuming you guys were probably surprised the first time you met me....i dont look like a gamer(to me anyways)

and you want to hear something really funny....everybody who has come to my meets so far have been to my place more than my close friends..... :?

seriously.....my best friend has been to my house like 3 times and i have lived in this apartment for almost 2 years :shock:

but ya...i enjoy the meets so much that i look forward to the next one as soon as you guys leave...i think i am going to start having one every second weekend with an open invitation to all....and especially for khoa, who lives so close, you are always welcome to come by whenever.....you have my phone number...this goes for everybody.....cuz im usually here by my self playing games....the more the merrier, right

see you guys saturday.....and i would really appreciate it if you could see if perhaps the arcade might be willing to lend you progear for the next meet....i would even pay to courier it back to them the next day(with my work courier) so they wouldnt be without it for long and you wouldnt have to make the trek out there.....worth a shot

i look forward to seeing all of you saturday.....doors open at 12...but obviously i will be home before that and already playing games...lolz....so if you want to show up early, thats cool too
Last edited by jonny5 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.