shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:05 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:23 am 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 1403
Location: Detroit, MI
Ayanami wrote:
Just got back from London, will definitely be there tomorrow.

Probably going to bring my PC over for MAME runs. :D


Cool!

I have created a spot in the corner (where the freezer used to be) that should be adaquate for the PC.

See everyone tonight!
_________________
OVERRATED


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:55 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 1382
Hey Sonic R pm me directions to your house, me and Andy might be able to come tonight. I'll call you if I'm having trouble with the directions.
_________________
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:44 am 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 2357
Location: Murda Mitten, USA
Sorry I missed it -_-;;

Your team secrets are safe now.

Was with the girl at Heritage Fest. I got back kinda late. I figured I should probably put up the vote thread...
_________________

@shmups | superplaymixes Reworked Game Soundtracks | livestreamin'
______________________


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:07 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 1403
Location: Detroit, MI
DJ Incompetent wrote:
Sorry I missed it -_-;;

Your team secrets are safe now.

Was with the girl at Heritage Fest. I got back kinda late. I figured I should probably put up the vote thread...


Alas we figured as such :wink:

GLA did some prcatice and test runs with some of the games for Konami Week, as well as some play testing of possible games fore Seibu week and Hidden gem week.
_________________
OVERRATED


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:39 am 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 67
Location: San Francisco
Oh, hey Michigan. Just moved to Royal Oak last week (from Swartz Creek area). I'm pretty much just a lurker around these forums....so I guess this is an official hello.

I see Robotron around here. Meant to meet up with him a couple times on MG but distance/work/life wasn't having it.

I have some cabs, shmups and new found freedome down here. Would love to meet up with some of you for some bullet hell :D


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:28 am 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 1403
Location: Detroit, MI
dubdubdub wrote:
Oh, hey Michigan. Just moved to Royal Oak last week (from Swartz Creek area). I'm pretty much just a lurker around these forums....so I guess this is an official hello.

I see Robotron around here. Meant to meet up with him a couple times on MG but distance/work/life wasn't having it.

I have some cabs, shmups and new found freedome down here. Would love to meet up with some of you for some bullet hell :D


Good to have you join us :D

We are hoping to get a big gathering going on some time with in the next month or so.
_________________
OVERRATED


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:54 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 292
Location: Maryland
I got some good shit to bring this time.

Can anyone say "Vectrex?" :shock:
_________________
A hero is just a man who knows he's free


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:02 am 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 1277
Location: Dayton, OH
ubersaurus wrote:
I got some good shit to bring this time.

Can anyone say "Vectrex?" :shock:


I pronounce Vectrex as "Holy shit!" :shock:
_________________
SWY: Games are just for fun


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:47 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 1403
Location: Detroit, MI
Now is a good time to consider some dates/location/time/etc… for the Fall Brawl Shoot them up gathering.

September starts this Saturday.

Open to ideas - as always, lets aim for maximum participation!

Post ideas or feel free to Private Message me :D
_________________
OVERRATED


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:45 am 



Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 1344
Sonic R wrote:
Now is a good time to consider some dates/location/time/etc… for the Fall Brawl Shoot them up gathering.

September starts this Saturday.

Open to ideas - as always, lets aim for maximum participation!

Post ideas or feel free to Private Message me :D


Well, for one, just for rhyme and rhythm's sake, instead of calling it the Fall Brawl Shoot them up gathering," can it *please* be called the "Fall Brawl Shoot'em All"? Come on, now...isn't that a *lot* better? ;)

I mean, that's *got* to be the moniker...this is stinking *Detroit*, after all. Read Robotron's profile about Detroit. That is all. ;)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:43 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 292
Location: Maryland
boagman wrote:
Sonic R wrote:
Now is a good time to consider some dates/location/time/etc… for the Fall Brawl Shoot them up gathering.

September starts this Saturday.

Open to ideas - as always, lets aim for maximum participation!

Post ideas or feel free to Private Message me :D


Well, for one, just for rhyme and rhythm's sake, instead of calling it the Fall Brawl Shoot them up gathering," can it *please* be called the "Fall Brawl Shoot'em All"? Come on, now...isn't that a *lot* better? ;)

I mean, that's *got* to be the moniker...this is stinking *Detroit*, after all. Read Robotron's profile about Detroit. That is all. ;)


Let's see, this month...the Browncoat Ball is September 29th, and I'm thinking of hitting that up. Beyond that I can't think of any major events on Saturdays.
_________________
A hero is just a man who knows he's free


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:21 am 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 1277
Location: Dayton, OH
boagman wrote:
Sonic R wrote:
Now is a good time to consider some dates/location/time/etc… for the Fall Brawl Shoot them up gathering.

September starts this Saturday.

Open to ideas - as always, lets aim for maximum participation!

Post ideas or feel free to Private Message me :D


Well, for one, just for rhyme and rhythm's sake, instead of calling it the Fall Brawl Shoot them up gathering," can it *please* be called the "Fall Brawl Shoot'em All"? Come on, now...isn't that a *lot* better? ;)

I mean, that's *got* to be the moniker...this is stinking *Detroit*, after all. Read Robotron's profile about Detroit. That is all. ;)


I like the "Quitcher Bitchin' Fall Brawl". Signature Harley-Davidson does the "Quitcher Bitchin' Biker Bash" every year. I just love that name. When the "old-style" Star Wars DVD box came out I called it the "Quitcher Bitchin' Star Wars Box Set" because I was so sick of the bitchin'. Yeah, no Gungans, whatever.
_________________
SWY: Games are just for fun


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:20 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 1403
Location: Detroit, MI
ubersaurus wrote:
Can anyone say "Vectrex?" :shock:


I am curious to play some Vectrex.
I had considered getting one a couple years ago when I was at the Midwest Gaming Classic.
_________________
OVERRATED


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:16 am 



Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 219
I'll be up for meeting to play some shmups, only problem is I play most shmups on PC (PC designed shmups) or MAME so I don't have any real games. I don't have my DC with me either to bring. All I have at school is games for speedrunning and a PC pad, so yea I'd have to freeload off the rest of your shmup collections.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:00 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1596
Location: Toledo, OH
Don't worry, you're not alone. All I've brought the last couple times were my joystick and a six pack of beer.

I don't think I have much going on any upcoming weekends. October 20 is a question mark, since I'll be in Ann Arbor during the day and I'm not sure if I'll be there at night (probably, though). And I think I'm supposed to go to Cedar Point for Halloweekends, but I'm not sure which day.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:27 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 1403
Location: Detroit, MI
stanski wrote:
I'll be up for meeting to play some shmups, only problem is I play most shmups on PC (PC designed shmups) or MAME so I don't have any real games. I don't have my DC with me either to bring. All I have at school is games for speedrunning and a PC pad, so yea I'd have to freeload off the rest of your shmup collections.


You will be most welcome to join us and play our games. We are offer a wide range of games playing console and Ayanami has a nice PC which can offer a spectacular MAME experience with both a TV out and an LCD monitor which can be rotated 90 degrees for play shooties.


As it stands now, I am open pretty much every weekend through Thanksgiving.

For Davey, we can X out October 20.

Lets see what these days sound like:

September 29 (kind of soon--2 weeks)

or

October 13

If I am not mistaken, these days can work with Ayanami, but correct me if I am incorrect.
_________________
OVERRATED


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:17 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1596
Location: Toledo, OH
Sonic R wrote:
For Davey, we can X out October 20.

Don't I feel special. ;) I figured that day was out anyway, since I thought you guys were on an every other week schedule, and that fell between weeks.

Those other weekends happen to be STGT voting weekends. I'll probably be pickier about what we vote for during those weeks, being that I'll actually be playing and all.

Also, long story short: 9/29 was my date for Cedar Point, but it turns out I'm probably not going (regardless of shmuppery). So 9/29 and 10/13 are both fine by me.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:21 am 



Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 219
I can bring my laptop also for MAME (I've got a full set) and other emulators (full set of NES, SNES, Genesis, master system/game gear, MSX, atari 2600, 7200, tg-16, gameboy roms). Also I've got every Touhou game and a bunch of random other freeware/non-freeware PC shmups (shikigami 3, raiden 3).
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:17 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 1277
Location: Dayton, OH
Sonic R wrote:
stanski wrote:
I'll be up for meeting to play some shmups, only problem is I play most shmups on PC (PC designed shmups) or MAME so I don't have any real games. I don't have my DC with me either to bring. All I have at school is games for speedrunning and a PC pad, so yea I'd have to freeload off the rest of your shmup collections.


You will be most welcome to join us and play our games. We are offer a wide range of games playing console and Ayanami has a nice PC which can offer a spectacular MAME experience with both a TV out and an LCD monitor which can be rotated 90 degrees for play shooties.


As it stands now, I am open pretty much every weekend through Thanksgiving.

For Davey, we can X out October 20.

Lets see what these days sound like:

September 29 (kind of soon--2 weeks)

or

October 13

If I am not mistaken, these days can work with Ayanami, but correct me if I am incorrect.


I will be in Florida on the 29th but October 13th is okay.
_________________
SWY: Games are just for fun


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:35 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 1403
Location: Detroit, MI
doctorx0079 wrote:
I will be in Florida on the 29th but October 13th is okay.


For DRX we can X out the 29th

Lets work with October 13 right now :D
_________________
OVERRATED


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:48 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 1403
Location: Detroit, MI
Slight "update"?

It is with deep regret that we may have to hold off for the next gathering.

We have lost our venue for the time being -- Ayanami has been gracious everytime in offering his residence for our games playing, but we will be with out his basement for the time being :cry:

HOWEVER,
I am always able to slap together a small venue if the interest is still there. I'll have to work on some logistics and can offer a fair experience.

Most folks here have already been to my humble abode and as I am say, if there is still interest to continue with a smaller scale meetup I will be glad to offer my dungeon.

ALSO,
I am always open to suggestions on another venue for holding a Great Lakes shoot them up gathering, I don't mind travel and am able to transport consoles and games :wink:
_________________
OVERRATED


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:36 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1596
Location: Toledo, OH
My place has no pros and a few cons when compared to either Ayanami's or Sonic R's (the 70 mile distance being the most obvious issue). Otherwise I'd offer.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:19 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Posts: 548
Location: Suburbs of Detroit
I am going to try and figure out when exactly the basement will be KOed, and try and squeeze something in. Can't make any promises though.

I will try to have some more info by the next little gathering coming up, but I have been dealing with a lot of crap about school, work and what not. Plus I am trying to get my game sale list thingy priced out. Lots of stress let alone time to play these damn shooters for the tourney.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:17 am 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 2357
Location: Murda Mitten, USA
yeah I owe you guys one. After the girlfriend relocates from here, ask me about my pad's availability. Novermber 'n onward
_________________

@shmups | superplaymixes Reworked Game Soundtracks | livestreamin'
______________________


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:31 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 1403
Location: Detroit, MI
DJ Incompetent wrote:
yeah I owe you guys one. After the girlfriend relocates from here, ask me about my pad's availability. Novermber 'n onward


Sonic R in opening post wrote:
…We can even move it around from other peoples homes as well.…


I think it will be cool to hang at your pad! I am all for going to other folks places from time to time. Sometimes I feel bad for making everyone come to my place. Just doesn't feel fair and I feel I am bogart the gatherings :oops:
_________________
OVERRATED


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:57 am 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 2357
Location: Murda Mitten, USA
DJ Incompetent wrote:
@Ayanami
Recording Gekirindan.

Should I bring my tower w/recording equipment or do you have a better method for doing this? I'd rather use the best A/V stuff we have available. But I dunno how you feel about changing to PS2 controller and running in yoko.


So did you ever end up watching what could have been?
_________________

@shmups | superplaymixes Reworked Game Soundtracks | livestreamin'
______________________


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:04 am 


User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Posts: 548
Location: Suburbs of Detroit
I am greatful you did not beat my score in that game, I don't want to play that game again but will if I get knocked off my one and only shmups forum high horse.

That and like I was telling every body last meet, I have no consistency. Chances of me getting over 1.4 million in that game again are highly unlikely.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:07 am 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 2357
Location: Murda Mitten, USA
I figure I should justifiably attack you in Batrider before...-just being a dick...

have fun with that-thar horse...
_________________

@shmups | superplaymixes Reworked Game Soundtracks | livestreamin'
______________________


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:57 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 1403
Location: Detroit, MI
The next gathering is currently ON HOLD.

Any ideas feel free to bring them forth.

Thank You!
_________________
OVERRATED


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:18 am 



Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 23
Hey guys,

Rarely have time to post here, unfortunately...

I have 4 cabs here and we do a lot of gaming in Sterling Heights at my place, and dub above is in Royal Oak. This location and his, the MAME gaming is a bit weak, but the board collection is reasonably sized.

I'd like to get out to meet you guys at the next get together and if everything looks good I'm sure I could host a night or two in the future.

-Dan


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group