Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Dale

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Post by Dale »

I've never heard of that before, that's quite bizarre. It just naturally fell out of place? Whats supposed to hold it up that failed?
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
quizknows

Post by quizknows »

each lung has an outer lining around it, my left one had filled up with fluid pushing my lung to collapse. You can read all about it... there are priamary and secondary spontaneous penumo's, primary occurring in folks with no history of lung disease as in my case. I know wikipedia isn't really the best source, but basically "Spontaneous pneumothoraces are divided into two types: primary, which occurs in the absence of known lung disease, and secondary, which occurs in someone with underlying lung disease. The exact cause of primary spontaneous pneumothorax is unknown, but established risk factors include male sex, smoking, and a family history of pneumothorax"

No male sex or family history of this (not sure how gay sex could cause a collapsed lung...?), and I quit smoking years ago. It's somewhat possible that my lung developed the hole in it while repairing the damage from my former smoking, but nobody really knows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumothorax
You might remember me from such movies as skate323k137 on neo-geo and racketboy forums.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Posting to see what the interest is for a shmup meet this Saturday at my place. I don't intend to throw anything large, but if demand is frothing, I can adjust.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I got plenty of nothin' going on. Sure.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I saw Jazz comment on the Atariage page in regards to a meetup Saturday that he's got something happening with the wife, so I dunno if he'll be available...

As for me, my friend is having his 30th birthday party that day, so I'm gonna be busy at his place. Maybe next time!
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

ubersaurus wrote:I saw Jazz comment on the Atariage page in regards to a meetup Saturday that he's got something happening with the wife, so I dunno if he'll be available...
Yup, I won't be available to partcipate in any gatherings shooting, Atari, or otherwise this Saturday…

I am however looking forward to gathering soon enough if one of the next two weekends is good for anyone?
Davey

Post by Davey »

Aside from the Chicago meet,
Davey wrote:I got plenty of nothin' going on. Sure.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Blake's Facebook wrote:How about this. Official meet on the 26th. Anyone who wants to show up to my house this Saturday to hang out and play some shooties and what not are welcome. I gots nothing to do, just give me a text if you are coming by.
Davey if you want to swing by but want to make sure there are actually some people here just gives me a text or something day of.
Davey

Post by Davey »

If everyone else is going with the 26th, I'll just go then. My demand for shmups isn't frothing enough to go to 3 meets in a 4-week span.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

and so it is…
we are set to go for:

February 26, 2011
at: Ayanami's place 
time: 7-8:00pm? to ???
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

The 26th, I shall be attending the Mystery Science Theater 3000 live show in Royal Oak, so I think I would be out of any gaming that night. Sorry!
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Davey wrote:If everyone else is going with the 26th, I'll just go then. My demand for shmups isn't frothing enough to go to 3 meets in a 4-week span.
Hey Davey, I had tried to text you earlier today, but no reply (yet), so I figure to try and reach out here…
Just checking to see if you will be in attendance this Saturday… we are set to launch at 7 o'clock pm.

Its shaping to be a solid turnout for Saturday!

The roster thus far:
Ayanami
Sonic R
tommyb
kccttzj
zero.otaku
DJ Incompetent
Deca
Tempest (from Atari Age)
Tee (friend of mine and the fellowship)
Davey

anyone else is most welcome to join us for games playing and fellowship! Feel free to text, call, facebook, email, or PM if interested and need directions, or have question/concern

See everyone Saturday!!!

EDIT: I just got your text, Davey - we'll see you Saturday!
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

The Typewriter had a great time!

Where were you sitting at Alberts? I couldn't find you guys.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Smashing good times, ladies and gentlemen.
DJ Incompetent wrote:Where were you sitting at Alberts? I couldn't find you guys.
At the small bar in the front, for the most part.
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Davey, I tried texting you earlier. Are we taking the bus on Friday?
Davey

Post by Davey »

Normal people realize their phone needs recharging because they didn't get any texts or calls all day. I find out through a video game forum.

And apparently I dragged my feet too long on this bus thing. Only weird ass times are now available on Friday for Toledo to Chicago. I might just do Saturday and Sunday, then.
Deca

Post by Deca »

Whoah, been a while since I posted in here.

Had a good time at the meet, just wish I had a copy of MvC3 so I'd been in shape to throw down with you guys. People seemed to dig MMP, and I hit stage 4 twice in a row on Ketsui after not really playing any STGs in several months, so I'd call it a success.

Question for Ayanami: Where did you get that nice little stand you were using for the CRTs?

Generic CRT question: Finally got the PVM set up again, and I'm still having issues with the color when it's rotated (and it's been stored rotated since I got it from Jazz last year). I have a set of unshielded speakers I've been using with it, and when I set one on the left side at just the right angle I can mostly fix the colors...just wondering if anyone in the area has any idea of a better solution or experience dealing with this sort of thing...yes it's been degaussed repeatedly.

Also kind of curious if anyone nearby has experience getting custom art on SF4 SEs, I'm real sick of looking at this ugly SF4 art and want to throw together some Batrider related ideas. Not sure I trust myself to physically put it all together, possibly dye the plastic, and make it look nice.

But yeah, damn, long post. Had a good time at the meet, it was cool seeing you guys again. Looking forward to the next one I can make it to :)
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
Deca

Post by Deca »

My friend just came back from a 3 month trip to Japan yesterday, and brought with him a Saturn for me :D There's a price tag on it for 980yen! Console is white, came with two matching controllers. I tested it with an audio cd and everything is working fine so far, now to get some games!
Davey

Post by Davey »

Bump for great justice.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

hey Davey!

how have you been?
Davey

Post by Davey »

I was devastated from seeing this thread drop all the way to the second page, but other than that, great!

Playing too much Magic: the Gathering though. I thought I kicked that habit 15 years ago. Damn that Duels of the Planeswalkers game for getting hooked again.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

I'm caught in a timewarp that has dropped me off in the year of 1982! I've been playing pretty much only Atari 5200, Colecovision, and Vectrex… I'm about to get an Arcadia 2001 this weekend :o
I'll play the occasional NES or SMS but I've pretty much just stuck with the 1982 consoles… just need an Adventurevision to round out the collection - lol good luck on that!
Davey

Post by Davey »

You've been spending time with the classics? I'm shocked. Shocked! :P

kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Soooo, since it seems like we don't really have anyone to host, are any of you interested in a Pinball Pete's gathering or something, sometime in the near future?
Deca

Post by Deca »

Might as well reply here as well. I'm busy this coming weekend but unless I'm forgetting something the following one is open.

Worth mentioning that Pete's recently got a nice new MVS, very clean with a fantastic screen. It's a 4 slot but so far only has Metal Slug X in it. I haven't been able to catch anyone in charge the last few times I was there, but I'm going to ask real nice if they can at least throw Aero Fighters 2 in it when I have the chance. As it stands the old cab with that, Garou, Samsho4 and...whatever the puzzle game was is collecting dust in the back hallway by the bathrooms.

I'm fairly temped to try and snag a copy of OverTop to have put in there, I've been dying to play that game.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Normally I'm the least busy person ever, but I have some nerd stuff lined up on a few Saturdays this month:

Oct 1: MtG tournament during the day, shouldn't interfere if we do something later, although this is in two days so it's probably off the table anyway.
Oct 15: Possibly getting my ska/reggae/soul fix in Ann Arbor, but being that I'm only interested in two of the five bands playing, I wouldn't lose any sleep if I missed it.
Oct 29: Possibly going to Day of .Net in Ann Arbor (lasts like 9-5), possibly going to Cleveland instead, need to check with the family.

Other than that, I think I'm totally open.

kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Looks like it's going to be Oct. 8th, after 5pm. Everyone's meeting in Ann Arbor at Pinball Pete's.

Pretty much everyone has confirmed they can make it :)

Davey, you need to get on Facebook.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Well, It was great pleasure to see everyone again after so long!

Maybe folks would like to come by at the end of this month? (Davey, if you're in AA, we could host that evening of the 29th…)
what would folks like to play, so I may dig it out and have ready… I've only have ancient stuff on hand as that is really all that has held my interest this year, so I am sorry that I didn't have much to play this past weekend… :oops: I know older games may be difficult to get into and its a taste that is aquiried…
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:(Davey, if you're in AA, we could host that evening of the 29th…)
Ok, I'll stay tuned. I'll definitely be in AA that day, not Cleveland.
drboom

Post by drboom »

Just posted up for the next Chicagoland Winter Carnival meet here in Chicago - let me know if the dates work for you all! Love to have a bunch of you down again -