Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Sonic R

Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Post by Sonic R »

Ok time to start a new thread! Looking to start a "shooting club" where folks can get together and play some shooties! A couple of us already get together about every other week right now.

Perhaps we can meet monthly if possible. We can even move it around from other peoples homes as well.

Lets try to get something together. Post here if interested!

Code: Select all

My Mission:
•to unite people of the Great Lakes region that share a common interest of shooting video games and video games in general.
•to welcome all people equally — no exclusivity, open to all
•to offer an environment where everyone can feel comfortable and have a good time.
•to create everlasting fellowship — even beyond video game. 
#1)March 3, 2007 Gathering - Complete! PICTURES

#2)May 12, 2007 Gathering - Complete!

#3)July 14, 2007 Gathering - Complete!

#3½)December 8, 2007 Gathering - Complete!

#4)March 29, 2008 Gathering - Complete!

Wishicon 2008 /*/ Detroit Metro Area /*/ July 19th

#4¾)August 16, 2008 - Complete! PICTURES

#5)October 18, 2008 - Complete!

#5¼)July 11, 2009 - Complete

#6)January 2, 2010 - Complete

#7)March 6, 2010 - Complete

#8)May 1, 2010 - Complete

#9)TBA

Every other week or so, excluding holidays and such, several of us get together and hang out. Video games is our backdrop but we sometimes do things such as dine out, shop, and what have you as anyone else would do among friends.

IF ever anyone would like to participate and hang out, please, please feel free to contact me at my email Jazz90sc@yahoo.com , put shmups in the subject line, or send a PM - those go to my email too, and I will promptly get in touch to touch base on any issues that may arise.

It is with deep regret that I am editing this part of the post :cry:
fellowship friend, Kinn aka ROBOTRON, is no longer with us, may he rest in peace. He will be missed by us all… For years, he had battled health issues, he will hurt no more as he is in a better place.
Every Friday night, ROBOTRON host FNG aka Friday Night Gaming.

FNG website
Please PM ROBOTRON or contact him through the FNG site for information regarding FNG as he will be able to give the informations regarding the FNG arrangements.

If anyone is considering having a gathering centered around video games and gaming culture, please let us know of your intentions and hopefully we can all make each others friendship! I always love to make friends and have made many friends here already! Divided we fall, united we stand. What we need is solidarity!

Thank You! Keep on game playing!
Last edited by Sonic R on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 79 times in total.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

I could have a decent amount of people over in my basement. It would require some setting up and cleaning though. It would be pretty shway though, I have a billiards table for those not playing and want to relax. If it is a small gathering we can just chill in my room since all my consoles are in there. You know me SR, I am down for what ever.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Billiards table. I like the way that man thinks.

Whoever runs it, just set a date longer than like, 2 days before so I can arrange to actually stay longer than 3 hours this time.

Hopefully I won't get laid-out in Star Sprites so hard next time.

Dude, Senko no Ronde. Whatever month that goes down, the thing is gonna be a frikkin' party!
Davey

Post by Davey »

As long as it stays in SE Michigan I should be able to come. My collection is pretty dismal though, so there isn't really much I can bring.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

February 17th? Or March 3rd?

Which one is better for every body?
Circa2113

Post by Circa2113 »

Damn I wish I still lived in Novi/Livonia. I would have been there for sure. :(
Dale

Post by Dale »

I'd love to go but I'd need to know when and where. Somebody send out some PM's to the Michiganians when a date and place is pinned down.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Ayanami wrote:February 17th? Or March 3rd?

Which one is better for every body?
Either works for me. 2/17 is 6 days from now and 3/3 is 20 days from now. Lets get this together.

My place and Ayanami's place are literally a mile apart so we'll be gathering in the SE Michigan area Detroit suburbs.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Hell, I would say less than a mile apart. :wink:
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

I'm cleared for 17th.
Dale

Post by Dale »

On March 3rd I might be able to make it.
Davey

Post by Davey »

17th won't work for me, but if we're going to be doing this regularly, missing this one isn't a big deal.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Pretty much I am free on a biweekly period as far as the weekend goes. Which I am sure is the case for Sonic R as well. So Feb 17th, March 3rd, March 17th, March 31st and so on. Sounds like March 3rd is more the day of choice. Any objections? We gather every other saturday as it is to play games already, but it would be nice to know when more than say 6 people are coming to make proper preperations. If people want to stop by on Feb 17th, I don't see any problem with that.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Do March 3rd then. We like manpower. Manpower is good.

Should somebody volunteer to PM the remaining in the old MI thread and Ohio?
Dale

Post by Dale »

Where is the shmupmeet going to be held? I'll need directions to the meet also. Should I bring any games?

GENESIS
Bio Hazard battle
Gaires
Thunder Force2

SNES
Gradius3
Super R-type

PSONE
Midway Party Pack
Namco Museum Vol1

Dreamcast
Bangai-O
Giga Wing
Giga Wing2 "Pirated"
Gunbird2
Cannon Spike

PS2
Atari Anthology
Taito Legends
Capcom Classic's Collection vol1
Capcom's Classic's Collection vol2
Midway Arcade Treasures(1and2)
Graidius V
Castle Shikigami2
Silpheed

GameCube
Chaos Field
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary Collection

GameBoy coler
R-type Deluxe

GameBoy Advance
Iridion 3-D

That's all I got.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

So March 3rd a go? Works for me!

Where can we go - My place or Ayanami's?

Things to bring:
Favorite controller or arcade stick.
Favorite beverage (food will be provided)

pretty much have every console covered -
NES
SMS
Genesis (X'eye - can play Mega Drive)
SNES (Super 8 converter for Famicom and Super Famicom)
Turbo Duo
Super Grafx
Neo Geo AES
Saturn (US and Japan)
N64
Dreamcast
Playstation 2 (US and Japan)
Xbox
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Wii (freeloader for Japan GCN games)

Ayanami has the whip PC

Click here for my library:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#187216
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Good Question. I have a large basement that can accommadate a large amount of people. And it does have the billiards table, table soccer, and a bar. It is far from perfect though. It needs to be cleaned up, but that should not be too big of a deal. The TV down there while large can not be in TATE, so I would have to pull another TV down there. Number 1 issue is seating, I don't really have any couch situation going on down there. It would pretty much be folding chairs and bar stools. :?

Other than all of that, should not be too difficult to fix up my place for a gathering.

Sonic R, are we getting together this Saturday along with Kccttzj and Zero Otaku? If so we can talk about it more then.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Should I bring any games from my collection?
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

I don't know what are on those collections you have. I am sorta interested in the Taito Legends and Capcom Collections you have. Other than that I believe Sonic R and I have every thing ya got. Except for that R-Type Deluxe, I don't know if Sonic R or Zero Otaku have that one.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Ayanami wrote:I have a large basement that can accommadate a large amount of people.
If you have an open flat wall and something to use as a stand, I got a projector I could bring down. It doesn't output sound though, so if anybody's sitting on a R-L input stereo solution that would make it work.

We'd be playing on THE LARGEST TATE IN THE WORLD
table soccer
:!::!: oh hell yes. If you claim to be hot shit in that, we gotta play a few.
Number 1 issue is seating, I don't really have any couch situation going on down there. It would pretty much be folding chairs and bar stools. :?
I got a few folding chairs and many bean bag chairs if I should bring 'em down.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Looks like we are set for March 3rd at Ayanami's place! I got a couple of chairs I can bring too. Will bring food (pizza, deli tray).

Ayanami will have to hook up the PM's for directions to his place.

Any special request for games to play? I can look through my stuff and bring anything that may be requested.

@ Ayanami - Yeah we'll get together this weekend for the usual gig. We can discuss details then.

@Dale - bring those compalations collections(Taito, Capcom), we haven't got those and would be interested in whats on them!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Alright sounds good I'll bring the collections and my favirit controllers and beverages. Is it okay if I bring Andylee he's a freind of mine who is also very into games, I'm not sure if he can make but if he can is alright if he comes, he's a pretty cool guy and quite nice.

Also if anyone owns the game SCAT for NES I'd love to play that co-op with someone, so if anyone has that game it would be nice if they brought that.

EDIT: I kinda wanted to try Dodonpachi Daioujou and ESPgaluda for PS2 so if someone could bring those as well it would be much appreciated.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Pretty sure that Zero and I can make it. Is there anything you'd want us to bring. I know we have a few things not mentioned. Twinkle Star Sprites for sure. We'll probably talk to you guys about it this weekend, if all goes well. :)

@Dale I think we all have the games that you mentioned, so they'll be there.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Sweet, any word on whether Robotron's coming?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Dale wrote:Alright sounds good I'll bring the collections and my favirit controllers and beverages. Is it okay if I bring Andylee he's a freind of mine who is also very into games, I'm not sure if he can make but if he can is alright if he comes, he's a pretty cool guy and quite nice.
Always welcome to bring gaming friends!
Dale wrote:Also if anyone owns the game SCAT for NES I'd love to play that co-op with someone, so if anyone has that game it would be nice if they brought that.

EDIT: I kinda wanted to try Dodonpachi Daioujou and ESPgaluda for PS2 so if someone could bring those as well it would be much appreciated.
Will bring SCAT - great game! and I know Ayanami and kccttzj have Daioujou and either kccttzj or myself can bring ESPgaluda.
Davey

Post by Davey »

What about non-shmups? If there's interest I could bring Rakugaki Showtime and Bishi Bashi Special, both are chock full of wacky multiplayer mayhem.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Those games sound like fun, I think certaint other games might be more workable for a party we should probaly have a few of those at hand too. But I think we should focus mostly on shmups.

I have a few four player Dreamcast games and a 4-player multitap for (slim)PS2, if anyone wants me to bring those just ask.
Davey

Post by Davey »

We all like shmups, so I agree we should mostly stick with those. However, I also think this could be a good time to try out some other lesser-known games that you might not get to play normally. I'm certainly not trying to turn this into a Smash Bros. Melee tournament or anything. ;)
Dale

Post by Dale »

I have a few multiplayer rarities for DC I'll probaly bring some. I also have a few rarer N64 multiplayer titles, I'll make sure to bring a few of these games.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Dale, I have damn near every thing on Dreamcast that is worth having. What do you have? I may have it.

I also have ESP Galuda so no need to bring that. I have a computer with MAME on it of course with at least 100 shooters. (Moniter can easily be TATEd)

Davey, I am down for the games you mentioned and I am up for multiplayer games besides shooters. If all goes well I will have at least 2 or 3 TVs down stairs for the get together. I will PM every body with directions soon, give me a little time. Not all that great with directions my self.