Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
TriggerHeartExelica

Post by TriggerHeartExelica »

Zero, how does next weekend 8/30 work out for you and Katie? Let us know because I have been craving their pizza since James mentioned it the other day.
It’s almost over. It’s just begun.
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

robivy64 wrote:For the record:

I am still trying to clean off scores from you guys on my Raiden Fighters Jet board :( .
I hardly feel sorry for you seeing as how you get to play Gunforce 2 whenever you want =P

I think Uber was referring to Game Time, which is on Inkster Rd. just south of Cherry Hill on the east side of the street in a strip mall. We only went there one time and they didn't have shit except for a complete copy of Arcus Odyssey which I had been trying to find for quite a while. Hard to say what they've got now.

Next Saturday should be okay for the Papalis but I dunno, I'll have to double check with Katie and see what her schedule looks like.
TriggerHeartExelica

zero.otaku wrote:
robivy64 wrote:For the record:

I am still trying to clean off scores from you guys on my Raiden Fighters Jet board :( .
I hardly feel sorry for you seeing as how you get to play Gunforce 2 whenever you want =P

I think Uber was referring to Game Time, which is on Inkster Rd. just south of Cherry Hill on the east side of the street in a strip mall. We only went there one time and they didn't have shit except for a complete copy of Arcus Odyssey which I had been trying to find for quite a while. Hard to say what they've got now.

Next Saturday should be okay for the Papalis but I dunno, I'll have to double check with Katie and see what her schedule looks like.
Just let me or Sonic know so I can snag my mom for the evening. If not thats cool we can do it some other time:)
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

^^ Saturday's cool. I get off at 2, so I should be free the rest of the day =)
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

zero.otaku wrote: I think Uber was referring to Game Time, which is on Inkster Rd. just south of Cherry Hill on the east side of the street in a strip mall. We only went there one time and they didn't have shit except for a complete copy of Arcus Odyssey which I had been trying to find for quite a while. Hard to say what they've got now.

Indeed I was referring to the 'Game Time' shop. I check it out on occasion to see if anything might pop up… I had actually gone there to find Track & Field NES carts but no luck and happen to come across Metal Storm (very dirty- isopropyl alcohol to the rescue) and Run Saber. I only pay $11 for them so I was happy :D

kccttzj wrote:^^ Saturday's cool. I get off at 2, so I should be free the rest of the day =)
Saturday sound good!
Should we hang out and maybe play a few games prior to eating? Would you guys mind if my friend Brian(Shining Force fellow) came along?

and for Ayanami,
FYI you had left Puzzle Collection for the GCN - I sent text but just another reminder :wink:

OH and for Dave & Davey ( :lol: )
Regarding the Twin Sticks, I'll let you two handle the transaction — the only reason I even played Virtua On is becasue of zero.otaku and he should be the one to have offer the sticks.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Sonic R wrote: Saturday sound good!
Should we hang out and maybe play a few games prior to eating? Would you guys mind if my friend Brian(Shining Force fellow) came along?
The Monkey King Master is always welcome =)

I'm down for playing games before we eat, just let us know what time's good for you guys. Like I said, I get off at 2, but a lot of times I don't get out of here until a little later (especially if I play ZG2 =P), but probably any time after 3:30ish is good. =)
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

kccttzj wrote:
Sonic R wrote: Saturday sound good!
The Monkey King Master is always welcome =)

I'm down for playing games before we eat, just let us know what time's good for you guys. Like I said, I get off at 2, but a lot of times I don't get out of here until a little later (especially if I play ZG2 =P), but probably any time after 3:30ish is good. =)
I think we will be ready to start up around 4pm if that is ok.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Sounds good to me, where are we gathering? I imagine your place.

Any way, should I bring my new Monitor? It would be good for playing 360 but that is about it.
segafan

It all sounds cool

Post by segafan »

Hi,

I am from kalamazoo, let me know if i can be of service. :D
TriggerHeartExelica

Re: It all sounds cool

segafan wrote:Hi,

I am from kalamazoo, let me know if i can be of service. :D
:) You are more than welcome to join us at our next meet which is tentatively set for October 18th. We welcome anyone who is interested in attending.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Is there any interest in a large scale gathering for October 18?

Ayanami has mentioned that he may need to do some work at his residence in preparation for a gathering…

If we are just looking at having a small scale meet(regulars + Davey), then my home shoud be able to suffice.

We are less than one month away. Lets start to get a roster together! :D
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I'm unsure if I'd be able to do the 18th, as I said before. There's a SF tournament going on in Columbus that weekend that I'd like to go to if I can finish this paper for my one class in time.
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
TriggerHeartExelica

So anyone up for the 18th or should we just have a smaller scale meet up?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Davey wrote: I know it's still a long time away, but 10/18 would be a good day for me to come up, even if it's just for a small gathering. I'll be in Ann Arbor during the day, so I'd already be over halfway there.
Its not too long off now…

And so it seems currently, I guess we can plan for the usual miniature meeting + Davey for October 18, 2008.

Anyone, as always, are most welcome to attend and hang out.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

a double post but I have an idea?

With Davey being in Ann Arbor for the day, how does the fellowship feel about meeting downtown and spending an afternoon at Pinball Pete's?

Just an idea I feel I can bring it up to everyone now?
Davey

Post by Davey »

I'd be fine with that, although if you go to Pinball Pete's, I won't be there until 5:30 or 6:00 or so.
TriggerHeartExelica

Davey wrote:I'd be fine with that, although if you go to Pinball Pete's, I won't be there until 5:30 or 6:00 or so.
Sounds cool to me. I won't be dropping the kidlets off at grandma's til about 3 3:30 anyways so.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

And so it is…

We can meet up on October 18 for arcade game playing at Pinball Pete's in downtown Ann Arbor, then likely get a meal while down there, then we can head back to for further game playing :D
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but I live like five minutes away from Pinball Pete's now and I don't know if any of you guys realize this but that place totally sucks these days. The only shooters they have are Raiden II, Raiden Fighters (with a fucked up monitor) and Aero Fighters 2 (also on a fucked up monitor) and there aren't really that many other good games to play there plus a lot of stuff is broken or in bad condition. Because I'm close and Davey's going to be in the area, I really don't mind meeting up there but for you guys that have to make a drive I'm not sure if it'll be worth your time.
TriggerHeartExelica

zero.otaku wrote:Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but I live like five minutes away from Pinball Pete's now and I don't know if any of you guys realize this but that place totally sucks these days. The only shooters they have are Raiden II, Raiden Fighters (with a fucked up monitor) and Aero Fighters 2 (also on a fucked up monitor) and there aren't really that many other good games to play there plus a lot of stuff is broken or in bad condition. Because I'm close and Davey's going to be in the area, I really don't mind meeting up there but for you guys that have to make a drive I'm not sure if it'll be worth your time.
When the hell did that happen????? I thought you were in the Heights still????
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Yeah, gotta agree with zero on this. Pete's only really tries to take care of its fighting games and pinballs. Everything else is rather screwed on some level.

I'll try to free up some time for this wherever it ends up.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Yo Blake, you fix your online yet? I wanna roll some more Solcal.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

I did. At least last time I played it seemed pretty solid.
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Yeah, I totally agree with Zero, Pete's kinda sucks. A lot of people in there playing Capcom Vs. SNK 2, but that's about the only thing worth playing in that arcade. The few shmups they have there are broken, and even some of the fighters are broken, like the monitor on the Street Fighter III machine is fucked up.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Well, count me in wherever things end up going on. I'll be sure to keep an eye out here.

I was at Pinball Pete's a few months ago, and yeah, there was lots of broken stuff. IIRC, there's a Puzzle Bobble cab with messed up colors. I'm not a Puzzle Bobble fan, but seriously, WTF? Other stuff was usable I guess. I played a few credits of Mr. Driller on the messed up monitor and Dance Maniax on the 1P side (2P didn't work). At least Pang wasn't messed up, although it doesn't have Panic Mode (my preferred mode in Super Pang).
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

HA I, myself, noticed the broken Puzzle Bobble monitor. That made me laugh.

And everytime I go in there it seems like they're re-painting or re-modeling, or something of the sort. It's still a pretty solid arcade though, considering there aren't any anywhere else around the Southeast Michigan area.

Like someone said a few posts up, I will give them that they take REAL good care of their fighters, though. haha. If you ever need help at Pete's you can usually find one of the employees playing Capcom Vs. SNK 2 (very badly, I might add)
boagman

Post by boagman »

DJ Incompetent wrote:Pete's only really tries to take care of its pinballs.
I can tell you that, as a major-league pinball guy, this is absolutely inaccurate, or at least it was the last time I was there.
boagman

Post by boagman »

tommyb wrote:considering there aren't any anywhere else around the Southeast Michigan area.
There aren't? Hey, hate Alpha Amusements though I do, their American Fun Centers are pretty decent arcades, overall. They've got a decent selection of games at relatively decent prices per play, and they're clean, usually with most, if not all, machines working well.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

boagman wrote:
DJ Incompetent wrote:Pete's only really tries to take care of its pinballs.
I can tell you that, as a major-league pinball guy, this is absolutely inaccurate, or at least it was the last time I was there.
Yeah, I'll stress the word "tries" on that one. The four I played last time at least the flippers and all the basic targets and modes worked. Even that is rare now 'cept the $1 per game new machines.

Anyway, I know there's a working RFJ tucked in the corner at Southgate B-Dubs. The mental image of 12 people crowding around the cab to the confusion of all b-dubs staff alone may or may not make that a good idea. And wings 'n beer are awesome.

Then again, I like fighters, so...

Also there's lucky's in Novi. Their shit ain't broke, but it ain't cheap either. Dunno about STGs. I haven't been around there in a long time.
boagman

Post by boagman »

DJ Incompetent wrote:Also there's lucky's in Novi. Their shit ain't broke, but it ain't cheap either. Dunno about STGs. I haven't been around there in a long time.
The pins are *insanely* broken at Lucky's, and I mean "Butterfly"-broken (if you're not familiar with Butterfly, then you are definitely a fortunate soul). You're certainly right about the games not being cheap there, though. That's part of the reason I at least begrudgingly give a nod to the American Fun Centers, and, say, CJ Barrymore's. At least playing those machines are basically affordable, and they work well.

Oh, and I take it that by "RFJ", you actually mean "RFM", since the name of the pin is Revenge From Mars. I take it you thought it was Revenge From Jupiter or something like that?