Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Anyone been to Taylortown lately? I was there over the week and snagged some games from the booths that have mysteriously popped up. Zaxxon Motherbase 2000! Game Gear Fantasy Zone, Ninja Gaiden, and Lemmings, and the Neo Geo game Mutation Nation!

On that note, if anyone wants a Neo they have one at the one booth for I think 200 bucks.
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

ubersaurus wrote:Anyone been to Taylortown lately? I was there over the week and snagged some games from the booths that have mysteriously popped up. Zaxxon Motherbase 2000! Game Gear Fantasy Zone, Ninja Gaiden, and Lemmings, and the Neo Geo game Mutation Nation!

On that note, if anyone wants a Neo they have one at the one booth for I think 200 bucks.
I'll have to go check it out… but by the time I get there, it may be too late…

Any Turbo Grafx hu card games? I am casually still trying for a full set…

What AES games do they have? I could use a few more I guess :?
TriggerHeartExelica

Post by TriggerHeartExelica »

I hope next time I can make it. Darn kidlets interfering with my fun LOL. I see some new people showed up this time? I hope you will show up for the next meet as well. I look forward to it :D
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Sonic R wrote:
ubersaurus wrote:Anyone been to Taylortown lately? I was there over the week and snagged some games from the booths that have mysteriously popped up. Zaxxon Motherbase 2000! Game Gear Fantasy Zone, Ninja Gaiden, and Lemmings, and the Neo Geo game Mutation Nation!

I'll have to go check it out… but by the time I get there, it may be too late…

Any Turbo Grafx hu card games? I am casually still trying for a full set…

What AES games do they have? I could use a few more I guess :?
I believe Samurai Shodown and Riding Hero were left at the one booth...dunno if another had any. They are only open on weekends, apparently.

Didn't see any turbo, but then, I was didn't really look!
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

@Ubersaurus, where was the booth with the Neo Geo games? We were out there this weekend, but didn't see it. We did see some of the new booths though. We saw some cool stuff, but didn't pick anything up. I'd like to go to the one in Mt. Clemens again, and see what they have. Haven't been there in a while.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

kccttzj wrote:@Ubersaurus, where was the booth with the Neo Geo games? We were out there this weekend, but didn't see it. We did see some of the new booths though. We saw some cool stuff, but didn't pick anything up. I'd like to go to the one in Mt. Clemens again, and see what they have. Haven't been there in a while.
What one did you go to? I'm referring to Taylortown. If you enter through the door next to the Happy's Pizza, it should be the first large booth to the left, in the center of the building. They have lots of games and some other knicknacks.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

We were at the one in Taylor. I'll have to go in that entrance next time, and see what we can find. Thanks! =)
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Well, I didn't see ANY neo stuff there today, so maybe it got sold, or something ;p

I did see a loose thunderforce 2, a boxed lightening force, darius gaiden and galactic attack for saturn, and a number of boxed Odyssey 2 games.
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

I feel that I should let you guys know that I won't be able to make it, because I live in Dayton now. It's nothing personal, every time I went up there you guys were great. If you have any other friends down here let me know.
SWY: Games are just for fun
Davey

Post by Davey »

Who would ever want to leave Toledo? :)
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

First Post! I just heard about this from a MI thread on neo-geo.com thought I'd chime is as I thought I was the only shmup player in michigan. I'll be watching this thread as it develops, as I would def be interested and showing other how bad I am at shmups I like to play. I'm not sure if there is list of what is available but I could bring a duo R with sapphire, gates of thunder, and nexzr. Also I have Ikaruga for the GC as well. Thank for Sonic R for letting us know about this.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Welcome to the forum! Not sure if you saw or not, but we do have get-togethers every other weekend if you can't make it to a meet.

I'd really like to see Sapphire if you could bring it along sometime. =)
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

mrtie wrote:First Post! I just heard about this from a MI thread on neo-geo.com thought I'd chime is as I thought I was the only shmup player in michigan. I'll be watching this thread as it develops, as I would def be interested and showing other how bad I am at shmups I like to play. I'm not sure if there is list of what is available but I could bring a duo R with sapphire, gates of thunder, and nexzr. Also I have Ikaruga for the GC as well. Thank for Sonic R for letting us know about this.
Nice! Duo-Rs are nice machines. Is it normal Nexzr or the Summer carnival one? Cuz I have the latter, myself...awesome game lineup.

Hope to meet you at the next meet! I'll be the guy pushing shooter games that are probably older than I am :P

Also it appears that me and Robo's friend Eugene knows shmupmeeter Katie through the American Fun Center. We need to try and get him along next time; he's always pushing for some Gradius Gaiden.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Ha, yes, we discussed Gradius Gaiden. He is definitely missing out, so we'll have to try and get him to come sometime.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

kccttzj wrote:Ha, yes, we discussed Gradius Gaiden. He is definitely missing out, so we'll have to try and get him to come sometime.
Oh that's your screenname, I wasn't aware XD

I just got a couple neo geo shooters, so if no one coming to the next one has em, I'm willing to bring Viewpoint and Alpha Mission 2. Hell, I just sent my neo geo off to get modded, so hopefully in a couple weeks, I'll have it back with the Unibios!

I'm wantin to try that two player simultaneous Viewpoint mode.

Edit: Or not, I guess the cat pissing on the neo corroded the board something fierce. Well...nutbunnies.
boagman

Post by boagman »

ubersaurus wrote:I'm wantin to try that two player simultaneous Viewpoint mode.
Does this even actually exist? Even on the MVS version, the two player game was just the typical turn-taking affair, not simultaneous play.

I can bring my favorite game ever, Viewpoint, if you don't want to.

BTW: you just picked this game up? Ni-freaking-ice! I'd be doing cartwheels.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

boagman wrote:
ubersaurus wrote:I'm wantin to try that two player simultaneous Viewpoint mode.
Does this even actually exist? Even on the MVS version, the two player game was just the typical turn-taking affair, not simultaneous play.

I can bring my favorite game ever, Viewpoint, if you don't want to.

BTW: you just picked this game up? Ni-freaking-ice! I'd be doing cartwheels.
My understanding is that if you put the game in "service mode" using a debug or UniBIOS you can play the simultaneous mode. But since I'm not even sure I have a working neo geo, who knows?

I can bring some Neo stuff...I just don't have a console :P
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Having just gotten a modded Neo, I can confirm that 2 player simulataneous play is available! The 2p ship is pink and green :P
boagman

Post by boagman »

ubersaurus wrote:Having just gotten a modded Neo, I can confirm that 2 player simulataneous play is available! The 2p ship is pink and green :P
You *must* bring your console with you when you come next, then. I've gotta get some 2P simultaneous action going on! I can carry the difficulty load, folks...this is *my* freaking game!

Can't wait to play this.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

No problem! My friend Brandon and I tried it last night. Not having to restart at a checkpoint when you die is on one hand nice(the other player can pick up your Options) but on the other hand, if you lose the Options offscreen, you're pretty fucked until you come across the next powerups. Also, no one told me the game becomes a bullet hell @_@

Still, it's a bit easier. And fun! The Neo will come along. I can also lug along the Vectrex again if there's any interest; I'm hoping to snag a couple homebrew games before the next meet.

Next meet is first weekend of July, isn't it?
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

This was brought up in the other southeast michigan thread. I don't think anything official was set. I guess that'll be up to Ayanami or THE (since she mentioned possibly hosting).

It'd be nice to get something together soon. You really have me wanting to see this 2p simultaneous Viewpoint mode now.
TriggerHeartExelica

Post by TriggerHeartExelica »

Ok so the date is set for the 19th of July at Ayanami's house. If anyone has any probs with that you can either pm me.:)
It’s almost over. It’s just begun.
Davey

Post by Davey »

That day is good for me. As long as gas doesn't go up to like $20 a gallon, I'm in.
Ayanami

Re: Michigan/Ohio-Great Lakes ‡Summer Carnival '08 **7-19-08

Post by Ayanami »

Thought I would update this bad boy since activity seems dead in here. Ripped from the first post of the thread.

Gathering #5 — Summer 2008
Tentative Date set at July 19, 2008
(subject to review)

Place:
Ayanami's celler — confirmed

Time:
6pm* - ???

Bring:
Favorite controller or arcade stick
Favorite drink
Favorite games to play
some cash (at least $5) for eats (likely to be HUNGRY HOWIES or Cottage Inn )

Any body who has been to one of these things knows the deal. I will have 3 TVs running, (One Hori, Two Tate) a monitor/vga box set up thingy and my computer down if there are enough people coming.

People attending so far...
Ayanami (of course)
zero.otaku
kccttzj
Sonic R
TriggerHeartExelica ??
Davey
Tempest
ubersaurus

That is all for now. Where is everybody? PM me if you have any questions and stuff. I imagine it is time to get off my ass and start helping out with organization considering I am hosting the damn thing.
Last edited by Ayanami on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I'm down. I gots that neo and some shooters to bring, along with a couple fighters if there is any interest.

Also, if there is interest, I could bring along the Vectrex again. The fact it has its own monitor is something of a blessing with limited tvs :P

I should also have the DS paddle and Space Invaders Extreme.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Alright, uber is in. I would like to play the Vectrex, looked but did not touch last gathering.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

~~
Last edited by robivy64 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

You are welcome to stop by on Saturday if you wish.

I would also be interested in hearing about the other shooter meet going on in Sterling Heights.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Two shmup meets on the same day, in Detroit of all places? Bizarre.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Bah. Mother of pearl...I've got a wedding scheduled for that Saturday. Stink-and-a-half.