Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
TriggerHeartExelica

Post by TriggerHeartExelica »

Sonic R wrote:The next gathering is currently ON HOLD.

Any ideas feel free to bring them forth.

Thank You!
I am thinking Nov 16???
Davey

Post by Davey »

What's the verdict on 11/16?

That's a Friday, btw. I don't have a problem with that, not sure if anybody else does.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

hmmm…Friday is usually not the best days -- not impossible for afternoon rendezvous but could be a issue after a days work.

In other news on our main venue, Ayanami will update when the arena will be available for the use of the Great Lakes shooting fellowship.

Anyways,
For anyone that is interested, I'll be hosting the usual mini gathering this up coming weekend (11-10-07) and all are welcome. Looking to get started around 7pm I guess.

If anyone is interested -- please feel free to request directions.
I live in Garden City/Dearborn Heights border (literally).
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

My brother is still in town. So my place is a no go for now still. What about the two gentlemen with cabs? They live a tad far out from us but nothing too crazy for some of the others here I imagine.

What kind of PCBs do you guys have? I can always bring my computer with MAME to gatherings. I have a LCD monitor for easy TATE and TV out on it as well which is really handy.

If people wish to do it at my place again due to the size of the basement that is cool, just have to wait.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

As I have stated before, I am willing to travel to other peoples homes upon an invite.
Ayanami wrote:If people wish to do it at my place again due to the size of the basement that is cool, just have to wait.
Not a problem at all, I have plenty of patience :wink: There is no rush, and it would be nice to venture about.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:For anyone that is interested, I'll be hosting the usual mini gathering this up coming weekend (11-10-07) and all are welcome. Looking to get started around 7pm I guess.
I got nothin' this weekend, count me in.
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

I will probably show up if I get all my stuff done. Still can't 1CC anything except G'n'G though. I will probably 1CC Insector X soon. (easy-as-pie game) :wink:
SWY: Games are just for fun
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Will be seeing you fellows this Saturday :D
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

how was the last meet, dudes?
Fight Like A Robot!
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

It was only a mini meet, so nothing crazy. But still fun none the less.
JacobXScum

Post by JacobXScum »

At our last gaming party a lot of people wanted to play Bookworm. Maybe i should plan a SHMUPmeet instead. As long as you guys aren't too "Purist" about things, cause i don't use my original platforms anymore. Everything's emulated on our media center. My house isn't really that nice, but the Media Center is pretty sweet. And we have a huge wrap around couch that can seat like 10 people. Plus i love to cook and i'm pretty kickass at it. Eh. Maybe.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

@Robotron - The meet was fun, but like Ayanami said it was kind of a small meet. I don't remember that many people being there.

@JacobXScum - In what area do you live? I think a lot of it depends on how far people are willing to drive.
JacobXScum

Post by JacobXScum »

I'm in Cleveland.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Whereabouts in Cleveland? I grew up in North Royalton and go back there periodically to visit family.

As for the last meet, I was the only out-of-towner, so yeah, pretty small.
JacobXScum

Post by JacobXScum »

Lakewood.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

For the small gatherings -- anyone is always welcome :D
Just send me a PM if you have any questions or need directions. We usually get together on Saturday nights every other week.

Of note we also play a wide varity of games. Last weekend we jammed with Rock Band.

Will have to check with Ayanami but we may line up a big meet after the new years?
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I dunno if my car could make it down to Cleveland :P

But I am always down for shooter action. I rather enjoy being the resident pre-NES shooter source..and I still have a vectrex to bring to the next meet!
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Me and Andy will try to make it this Saturday if at all possible. But I must ask if Twinkle Star Sprites will be played in some form? I've been practicing relentlessly on the PS2 game(La Petite Princesse) in hopes of beating you guys. I've gotten quite good if I say so myself. I'd also be willing to play any casual stuff you guys might want to play(Halo3 Rock Band). So I hope to see you this Saturday but like I said before Andy is my only ride(don't interpret that sentence the wrong way).

Hey Robotron I was thinking that maybe you could ride with me and Andy down to Ann Arbor, if you want to go to the meet too.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Dale wrote:Me and Andy will try to make it this Saturday if at all possible. But I must ask if Twinkle Star Sprites will be played in some form? I've been practicing relentlessly on the PS2 game(La Petite Princesse) in hopes of beating you guys. I've gotten quite good if I say so myself. I'd also be willing to play any casual stuff you guys might want to play(Halo3 Rock Band). So I hope to see you this Saturday but like I said before Andy is my only ride(don't interpret that sentence the wrong way).

Hey Robotron I was thinking that maybe you could ride with me and Andy down to Ann Arbor, if you want to go to the meet too.
My long time friend is in town this week and I am having everyone over for gaming and fellowship on this Saturday 12-08-2007. All are welcome to come.

Any questions feel free to contact me. I will be on to check my messages

Thank you.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Dale wrote: But I must ask if Twinkle Star Sprites will be played in some form?
Always. =)
Sonic R wrote:My long time friend is in town this week and I am having everyone over for gaming and fellowship on this Saturday 12-08-2007. All are welcome to come.
It's been a while since we've had a meet so I'll be looking forward to it. I even get off early on Saturday instead of the normal 10pm! =) Is that friend who I think it is??
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

kccttzj wrote:Is that friend who I think it is??
Yes it is.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Ayanami wrote:
kccttzj wrote:Is that friend who I think it is??
Yes it is.
Indeed it is he…leaving the tropics :shock: to visit friends and family :D up here in this cold land.

Right now we are set to start up at 6 o'clock PM and conclude at !!!.

Additional things to bring from the norm:

Xbox 360 controllers!!!
We will have 2 consoles, 2 television, but only 2 controllers for each console :oops: :oops: :oops:
So there may be some Halo 3 playing and maybe Call of Duty? I do not know if that game is system link and also some one else would need to have it as I do not. Halo is the more popular choice among our core anyhow for this type of game.

We will still be playing shoot them up. My friend and I grew up playing shooties (Gradius NES) and have had intense matches in Twinkle Star Sprites. In general, this gathering is focus on video games in general and the fellowship around them :D
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

Dale wrote:
Sorry, wasn't possible. So how'd things go? What'd I miss?
Fight Like A Robot!
Dale

Post by Dale »

It was a blast. I met allot of new people and I was introduced to the world of Raizing shmups. The best part was talking to you guys about various gaming stuff. James was nice enough to lend me Under Defeat.

Kate I hope you manage to get Ketsui at American funcenter.
Dale

Post by Dale »

No one else is gonna say anything?
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

I agree, it was a lot of fun. Hopefully next time you can make it ROBOTRON. =)

I'm working on Ketsui. I've got a meeting with the owners tomorrow, and I'll make sure to bring it up. It'll make things easier knowing that some more people will play it. =)
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

All went well for Saturday night!
I regret that my home is rather small :oops: but otherwise we manage to make it work.

With my friend in town, there were many more people of the casual gaming demographic but it appear that everyone have a good time so that is make me happy :D

We play many game from shooties to Rock Band to Halo 3. I am glad to hear that everyone have a fun time and my friend is happy to hang out with old friends as well as new!

Dale, our core group is usually gather about every other week (small scale about 5 people) and you and Andy Lee as well as anyone else are always welcome to join us. Hope you guys are able to attend more often!

Until next time…
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

I'm thinking of turning FNG into weekly shmupmeet instead of a fighting games meet. As of late I have been discouraged because of the name calling and the backstabbing remarks that permeate afterwards.

I know the crowds will be smaller but so what. I'm tired of all the BS...if it were all in jest I wouldn't care but these guys take it too serious.
Fight Like A Robot!
MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

Where's FNG? Is it open to the public? I live in Michigan and I go to Detroit occasionally, even though it's an 8 hour drive.
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

FNG (Friday Night Gaming) is at my crib in the vacinity of 8 Mile Road and Ryan rd.

Yes it is open to anyone, but you must contact me through PM for directions, etc.

Webpage containing pics of myself and current members:

FNG
Fight Like A Robot!