Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Ayanami

Re: Re:

Post by Ayanami »

kccttzj wrote:Well, tournament has been moved to the 12th. Sooooo no excuse now =P
Yeah, I just found that out the other day. Any who, I took the day off work so yeah, I am going.
DT wrote:Someone else here needs to play Disgaea 3 so I can have more people to talk about it and not sound like an idiot.
That would require a PS3. If you wish to get me one I will play Disgaea.
zero.otaku

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio -- shooting the breeze thread…

Post by zero.otaku »

I'll be there on the eleventh for sure barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Ayanami

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio -- shooting the breeze thread…

Post by Ayanami »

Mr. Tie, could you do me a solid and PM me your address. I need to figure out how much time I am going to need to drive back home and stuff. I gotta work on Sunday.
Sonic R

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Shmup Meet @ Mr.Tie's Place 7/11

Post by Sonic R »

What time do everyone want to get started on the drive for mrtie's place? Also, where would you folks like to rendezvous?
Davey

Post by Davey »

I guess there are two options for me:
1.) Come up to wherever you guys are meeting (Sonic's I assume) and either get a ride with somebody or give some other people rides
2.) Drive straight up to mrtie's

If there's no space for me to ride and nobody needs a ride, let me know, since #2 would make more sense then (more direct route; just take 23 from Toledo to Saginaw I assume). Although if I do that it might make sense to pick up zero.otaku along the way since I'd pass by AA anyway.

Whatever the case is, I don't care, just let me know what you all decide. :)
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Ok the week is drawing near in the next few days I'm gonna send out a mass PM with all the info, address etc, to all interested. So far head count is Sonic,His Wife,His Friend, Blake, Davey, Zero.O. Anyone else? Well if you want the info just PM or post.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

You have a MAME cab right tie? I am going to want to play Batrider some time down the road, wondering if I should bring my Computer and Monitor.

I will probably bring the monitor with my 360 any way, just wondering if I need my PC as well.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

I have since torn down my mame cab, that said the pc is a media pc now so we can still hook it up to my tv and play mame using either 360 sticks or my x arcade if anyone prefers HAPP style.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Does any one want me to bring any consoles or games?

I have stuff.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Ayanami wrote:Does any one want me to bring any consoles or games?

I have stuff.
For sure,
is there anything anybody may need to bring? Let us know!

I'll at least be bringing Mamoru-kun, as it is the newest and latest thing I have…

for Davey
My wife and I wouldn't mind riding with you and can pitch in for fuel costs, if that is ok. I am thinking we can rendezvous at around 11-12 o'clock at my home (or even Ayanami's - we are close enough)?

I am open to suggestions on anything :D
One week to go!
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Stuff I have

1 cab for vert shooters
1 cab for Magical Drop II or fighters or horse racing sims. :lol:

1 32" lcd for 360's etc.
1 22" lcd for 360's etc
1 25" crt will not TATE decent for older/saturn/etc for puzzle gamers or hori or whatever.
1 11" commodore monitor good for OLD stuff(composite/mono)

J360
US360
2 Wii's: can play back ups/imports
1 Saturn modded will play back ups/imports(with 3/1mb ram so I can play anything, also I have multi tap but only 2 controllers if say a bunch of folsk where keen on soem 8 player bomber man we'd need more controllers)
1 US ps2
1 US DC, plays back ups
1 genesis US
1 SNES US
1 Virtual boy :lol:
3 DS's 2 of which have flash carts
1 psp
1 neo geo color pocket
1 supergun for more pcb action if needed.
1 media PC for MAME or whatever.

What to bring

Games, I don't own many saturn shmups, nor have I mad too many back ups yet.
A decent TATE'able crt, if Sonic wants to lug his PVM up here that would be fantastic.
Maybe Blake's 24"/360 so we can set up VO:OT head to head.
Saturn controllers if we want to get some Bomberman on.
Some madcatz 360 sticks for the media pc, or I can use the x-arcade.

Other then that I can't really think of anything.

Who else still need's my address?
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:for Davey
My wife and I wouldn't mind riding with you and can pitch in for fuel costs, if that is ok. I am thinking we can rendezvous at around 11-12 o'clock at my home (or even Ayanami's - we are close enough)?
That's fine. Is it just you two? I ask because seating is limited in the back. My lanky ass has to push the driver's seat all the way back, so the spot behind the driver's seat is pretty cramped. Compact car FTW. Probably not any worse than your Mustang though. Although one time I rode in the back of a Mustang to Dayton and back. I had to sit sort of sideways to fit. :)
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Anyone who would like to come is more then welcome too.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday, If anyone still needs directions etc feel free to PM me.

-Thanks
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Sooo....

Just wondering what time everyone is meeting up tomorrow. I do have to work in the morning, but I should be out by 2 or so. I'm guessing you're all going to leave earlier than that, but just wanted to see what's up. lol.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:I am thinking we can rendezvous at around 11-12 o'clock at my home (or even Ayanami's - we are close enough)?
I'm assuming this is still the plan, so I'll show up at your place at that time unless I hear otherwise. I'll PM you and Ayanami my new phone number since those are the proposed meeting places right now. Although I've never been to Ayanami's "new" place so I'll need directions if we meet there...
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

*banghead*

I haven't been on the boards as of late :oops:
I spoke with Dave & Blake yesterday and it looks like we are bumping things back a bit. Around 2 it seems. I had a minor issue with children and 2 to 3 o'clock works better for us too to begin our trip to mrtie's.

For mrtie,
I can bring my PVM, as well as a book full of Saturn games.

I am sorry for not being on top of things. I returned to work for a minute (off again now for a few more weeks) and had not been in the swing of thing after a 60+ day layoff.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

kccttzj wrote:Sooo....

Just wondering what time everyone is meeting up tomorrow. I do have to work in the morning, but I should be out by 2 or so. I'm guessing you're all going to leave earlier than that, but just wanted to see what's up. lol.
Give us a call when you get out of work, or I think we'll call you in a bit at work.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Sounds good, I got running a bit behind schedule as it was any way, so hopefully I see you guys around 4-6pm I'm thinking about ordering Pizza for dinner if you guys want to chip in, I have pop,juice, chips, and some beer for those that enjoy those things.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Thanks to everyone who came out I hope you had fun I know I did. Glad to see the Detroit and Toledo folk come out and I was happy to meet some new people as well. I'll have to host again one of these days.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

A BIG Thank You! to mrtie for welcoming us into his home and for his hospitality.

My wife and I had a wonderful time and it was great to get out and hang out with good friends for good times as always! No problem with the drive home and all went smooth.

Thank You again and always looking forward to the next gathering :D
ubersaurus

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio…Fellowship Community—ALL WELCOME!

Post by ubersaurus »

Geez, I haven't posted up in a while! Running into KT at AFC reminded me of this!

I'm also enjoying Blaz Blue lately. I just got a Cthulhu board that I'm going to plop in my old Pelican stick so I have a fully functional arcade stick for PC, PS1-3, Xbox 1, Gamecube and Wii, so for the next shooter meet I am all set!

On that same token I am currently looking to buy a new car, as my current one crapped out on me last week (coincidentally on the same day I was at AFC). Once I have that all set though I am all for coming out for one of these smaller get togethers that you guys seem to be having in lieu of the larger ones :P
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Sorry to hear about your car troubles… :cry:

You're always welcome to join us anytime! Ayanami always has his 360 set up with the latest fighters going on… I have three stations and counting Ayanami's set up brings us to four!

And does anyone have any idea for a large scale gathering? I am always open to suggestions… and when does everyone wish to get back on track for the bi-weekly's?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Hey guys…

Times have been quite crazy as of late…

Was wondering if folks would like to gather for the next time on Saturday, August 15?
zero.otaku and I were talking and thought it would be good to dine out at Pizzapopulous for the next gathering…
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:Was wondering if folks would like to gather for the next time on Saturday, August 15?
I probably won't be coming up this time.

But who all is interested in the Chicago meet?
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Davey wrote:
Sonic R wrote:Was wondering if folks would like to gather for the next time on Saturday, August 15?
I probably won't be coming up this time.

But who all is interested in the Chicago meet?
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it this weekend either. The Mayn Event was this past weekend and I have some family stuff to do next weekend. I'd really like to go to the Chicago meet this time, so if anyone plans on attending let me know. Maybe we can work something out with carpooling and whatnot.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Dr Boom doing another meet? I am down. Had a blast last time I went.
Davey

Post by Davey »

If the subject of Chicago comes up on Saturday (or whenever), assume that I'm:

- Totally in
- Opposed to driving (big surprise)
- Willing to pay (handsomely?) to ride with somebody else
- Taking the Megabus as Plan B 8) (only like $20 - $40 round trip - cheaper than driving :shock:)

And I see Ayanami has been playing Magic on XBLA. What a fuckin' nerd.

Also, will GLA make an appearance in STGT '09? I need to figure out if I'm rejoining LDSTGT or not. Either way I'm representin' the Rust Belt.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Yeah, I am going to torture myself with the STGT again this year. But I doubt we can get the old GLA going.

Magic rocks by the way, I was inspired by playing on the box to grab my cards from the rents house. I was reminded that I have a shit ton of cards.

As for Chicago, I have no idea for how I am going to get there this time. Thinking about just flying there. Zoom zoom zoom! If I end up driving though I will drive whoever wants to tag along. I probably will not be bringing much this time around. I think I am just gonna leech off the cabs. Maybe bring beer.
Davey

Post by Davey »

If there's no GLA, I guess that makes my decision easy: LDSTGT '09.

Just kidding about the Magic. I also bought the game, unlocked every card, and started climbing my way up the leaderboard in attempt to become King of the n00bs of the Half-Assed Version of Magic. I sold all my cards a long time ago ('95), so the only physical cards I own are the freebies I got with the XBLA game (Garruk Wildspeaker foil and the so-called starter decks).

In my case the Megabus is probably almost as fast as flying, factoring in driving to the airport and going through security and all that. If I took that route I don't think I could bring alcohol, though, even as luggage. :? Are you planning on going in Friday night?
TriggerHeartExelica

Post by TriggerHeartExelica »

We are down for going but we are going to be stay in Chi town or a nearby suburb rather then risk the drive home. No fucking way am I making the same mistake twice LOL.
It’s almost over. It’s just begun.