Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

A shooter fng would be pretty sweet, although the end of fighting game nights is a bit of a downer. Guess if there's some attitudes though there's not much to do.

Although it should be amended to shooters+Mr. Do!
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
MR_Soren

Post by MR_Soren »

ROBOTRON wrote:FNG (Friday Night Gaming) is at my crib in the vacinity of 8 Mile Road and Ryan rd.

Yes it is open to anyone, but you must contact me through PM for directions, etc.

Webpage containing pics of myself and current members:

FNG

I was on both of those roads last time I was in Detroit in 2006. Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll PM you if I'm planning to be in the area.
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

ROBOTRON wrote:FNG (Friday Night Gaming) is at my crib in the vacinity of 8 Mile Road and Ryan rd.

Yes it is open to anyone, but you must contact me through PM for directions, etc.

FNG
I said it before, I'll say it again.

Background music on web pages = TEH SUCK!!!!!!!11111

Especially if it automatically plays when you load the page!!

I hate it when other people make me listen to their music at high volume, particularly when it's on MY OWN COMPUTER.
SWY: Games are just for fun
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

doctorx0079 wrote:

FNG
I said it before, I'll say it again.

Background music on web pages = TEH SUCK!!!!!!!11111

Especially if it automatically plays when you load the page!!

I hate it when other people make me listen to their music at high volume, particularly when it's on MY OWN COMPUTER.
I eliminated all music except Guilty Gear tune thats on the first page. If you go down to the bottom of the page, there is a pause button to stop it. The other 7 pages have ZERO music now.
Fight Like A Robot!
Dale

Post by Dale »

Sonic R, I accidentally gave you my burned copy of Dodonpachi:DOJ with TL2,just make sure you take care of it. I'm loving Under Defeat btw.

Zero Otaku I just got the game Wild Guns, we'll haft to play it next time we get together. I've already 1cc'd it on hard.

kccttzj how's convincing your superiors about carrying Ketsui coming?
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Dale wrote:kccttzj how's convincing your superiors about carrying Ketsui coming?
I'm hoping we'll have it very soon. They're pretty interested in getting it.
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

Zero Otaku I just got the game Wild Guns, we'll haft to play it next time we get together. I've already 1cc'd it on hard.
That would be awesome because I can't find this damn game anywhere (not that there are that many places to look outside of evilBay), though I'm not sure if you'll really need my assistance if you can clear it on hard already :P
Dale

Post by Dale »

zero.otaku wrote:
That would be awesome because I can't find this damn game anywhere (not that there are that many places to look outside of evilBay), though I'm not sure if you'll really need my assistance if you can clear it on hard already :P
It's still more fun to play with other people. Check out Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... 703&sr=1-1
They also might carry it here sometimes but not usually.
http://slackers.com/store/?start=20&db= ... ubmit=list
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Who are you people?

Aside from Uber and DJ Incompetent, that is. :(
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

People who play shooters, live in Michigan and lurk on these forums.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Wild Beasts.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Any plans for an upcoming shooter night?
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

My house may be open for buisness very soon. When does every one want to get together?
Davey

Post by Davey »

Yeah I haven't been up your guys' way for a while. Although work has been murder lately so I probably would have missed out even if there was a meet.

I don't think I have anything special coming up, so I'm open.

Any Ketsui news?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Ayanami wrote:My house may be open for buisness very soon. When does every one want to get together?
We shall discuss this tonight :D

Fellows… feel free to offer suggestions for a date that suites everyone! Ayanami offers a huge venue and it is fun and good times when many are gathering!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Ayanami and myself have discussed another gathering at his residence.

If all go well, the venue is available as soon as we can decide a date for a gathering.

Please offer suggestion when is a good time that you may be available.

We can then work from those information in getting everything together.

I know I have not been around these forum much lately but I have subscribed to this thread here to receive notification. I am leaving the board for a while on personal matters but will continue to maintain the Great Lake Shooting fellowship. These days and time I feel better if I do not participate here at shmups.com. I wish not to go into detail but being away for a while had been refreshing and I will only visit here to check interest in the Great Lakes thread.

So anyway, enough about my issues, lets get something together for 2008!

Saturday are usually the best day for event… of note, the weekend of March 22 is the weekend of Easter. Many of us will be alocated for family and the like that weekend.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

March 15th and 29th work for me. 15th is a tad shakey, but my house should be usable by then.
Dale

Post by Dale »

How are you enjoying Taito Legends2? Did you make sure to take care of the extra disk in the case?
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

29th would be a good day, I think. Plenty of time to clear the calendar for that day :P
Davey

Post by Davey »

The Midwest Gaming Classic (and thus the Worldwide Shmup Open) will be going on March 29. Not that I plan on going, but others might (DJI?).

15th seems kinda soon, although I personally don't have a problem with that date.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Sorry for late reply…

I was not aware that the MWGC was so early :?
In the past years I had gone, it was during the warm times in June.

I would have like to go but not at this early, I would be staying with my sister who resides in Milwaukee but she is busy at this time of year with school…

As for the presented dates, the 15th is too soon I would imagine.

March 29 seems to be decent but then with the MWGC, fellows may decide to attend to that?

April?? (I am busy for several weekends in April however :cry: so my partcipation will be limited…)

Either way I am sure we will have our regular small scale meetings on the weekends of the 15 and 29 of March.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I'm not hitting the midwest convention; won't have the money to spare, and I'll still be in classes! So the 29th is a very good day.
This also gives me time to snag a second controller for vectrex, as I promised a while back that would make an appearance at a shooter meet.

Once again though if anyone else has anything they'd like me to bring along, just say the word. I got those turbo games, those famicom games, classic games, and a whole mess of arcade sticks.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Gathering #4
Date:March 29, 2008

Place:
Ayanami's celler…

Time:
6pm* - ???

Bring:
Favorite controller or arcade stick
Favorite drink
Favorite games to play
some cash (at least $5) for eats (likely to be HUNGRY HOWIES or Cottage Inn )

Any questions or concerns - PLEASE let me know!!! Post or PM

*Start time can be negotiated — If desire for an earlier time just let me know - Thank You.

Post by ubersaurus »

Well, I got my second Vectrex controller...who's down for some Space War, or Rip Off? :P

Isn't there a Happy's Pizza nearby? They kick every other pizza joint's ass.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

ubersaurus wrote:Well, I got my second Vectrex controller...who's down for some Space War, or Rip Off? :P

Isn't there a Happy's Pizza nearby? They kick every other pizza joint's ass.
There is a Happy Pizza a few blocks away… I have never enjoy their offerings before but I am sure we could get our food from there. I would not mind to try them out :)

For current roster so far…

Ayanami
Sonic R
ubersaurus
Davey
kccttzj
zero.otaku
Tempest
???

If there is anyone else that I leave off the roster and is going to attend, PLEASE let me know!! I will update. ANY questions please contact me by PM or post(I subscribe to this thread).

Will be seeing everyone next Saturday!!!
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

Happy's is awesome. When I used to live practically right across the street we ate there a lot; it is a greasy guilty delight, kinda like Gunbird =)
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Question: Is there any interest in having me bring along the PC Engine Duo or the Famicom again? Or any games for either machine? I reckon Nexzr needs another appearance at least :P

Oh yes, and there is also the Wii. Maybe get some smash bros or Geometry Wars going.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

My brother has a Wii now. I will ask if he will just let us use his. Sonic R has Geometry Wars as well.

I don't know if I can convince my brother to let us use the PS3 though. Would it be too much trouble to bring over yours Sonic R? Everyday Shooter is the only thing for it but it is worth some play as far as I am concerned.

Seems like not too many people are going to be gathering compared to last time I held it. I am contemplating how many TVs and consoles to bring down to the basement. Some one want to try and get a hold of DJI and see what his deal is? Perhaps via PM or email? Does he even visit the forums these days? The more the merrier I say.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

If your brother is against letting you borrow the Wii, I can always bring mine over Ayanami (I happen to have all the characters from SSBB unlocked), as well as other group games like Mario Strikers and WarioWare: Smooth Moves, or any one player titles people want to try out to get a fell for it (Like No More Heroes or Trauma Center). As for Virtual Console, I have Street Fighter 2, Kid Icarus, Solider Blade, New Adventure Island, Punch-Out, Mario Kart 64, and Sin & Punishment.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Andy and me might come. He wants to know if Brawl will be played?