shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:15 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 Post subject: Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 am 

Yeah I had a great time, but I did very little shmupping, so other than briefly saying hi to beatsgo I didn't really interact with y'all. Hey, awkwardness has always been a specialty of mine. Then again, this is a niche video game convention we're talking about... the bar for social etiquette isn't particularly high, so maybe I'm just par for the course. 8)

I'm in that video around the 4:44 mark at the VOOT cab. I remember playing that guy; he had played VOOM back in the day but not VOOT, so he was struggling. After our games I was explaining some of the differences between the two, right as you walked by apparently.

Here's Tommy and I from the silly photo. I had only seen the "serious" photo, this is so great... just look how ecstatic Tommy is:
https://imgur.com/a/Z50S65E

He and I both plan on returning next year, although unless Dangun Feveron makes an appearance, my shmupping will probably be pretty minimal again. Or who knows, maybe I'll catch the shmup bug again before then.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:41 pm 

Had a wonderful time at Raj of the Garage 5. Really can't wait to return next year.

Davey and I are both thinking of hitting up Michigan Masters this year, too. I intend on traveling around a bit more to more of these conventions because Raj was such a fun, affordable time and I rarely get an opportunity partake in this niche hobby for extended periods like that.

EDIT: I promise I was having a much better time then I look like in that picture Davey posted, lol.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:06 pm 

To all,

It was a pleasure to hang out with everyone even if time together was short considering I was competing multiple rhythm games for the whole weekend. If you recall, I'm the other Asian dude with glasses who mostly played IIDX, DDR, PIU, and Futari Black Label. It was a pleasure to see people enjoy my Futari board and looking forward to another meetup at Raj.
shmups IRC wrote:
wich linode wud u fuk

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32