Super MagFEST 2023

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
zakk

Super MagFEST 2023

Post by zakk »

Any of the regular VA/MD crew going this year?
Kiken

Re: Super MagFEST 2023

Post by Kiken »

I'm attending. Was about to check to see if we had a thread to start confirming who's bringing what.

I can bring the usual:

In The Hunt
ESPGaluda II
Pink Sweets
Death Smiles
Prehistoric Isle 2
Zedblade

Possibly also Strikers 1945 Part II and/or Gunbird.
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

I will be attending.. was looking for room space/share in the Gaylord but could not find anything. If anyone knows someone that has room space, please let me know. thanks
The Future Is Now
majors

Post by majors »

I'll only have three tate cabs and one Neo. The 4-slot I bring lost its monitor (for the 3rd time) and I'm still working on repairs. I will have an extra 1-slot in that I'm bringing as a backup PCB. I'll be running DOJ(PGM hack), Viper Phase 1 and Game Paradise but you know I'm willing to swap out boards. I was waiting to see what other Neo offerings will be running by the other vendors before deciding what to run.

I'll bring a extra 1p CP in case it is desired for runs.

Star is bringing his exA with a few games.
Wedoca '24
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

I can also bring Twinkle Star Sprites if that isn't covered.
RecklessRave

Post by RecklessRave »

Any chance Pink Sweets will be running on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning? Those are the times I’ll be at the con and that’s a game I’d love to play. Also really hyped for Viper Phase 1 if it’s up while I’m there.
umjammercammy

Post by umjammercammy »

Does anyone have a Batsugun they could bring? I'd love to play on legit hardware since I've only ever played on Mame before.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

I can also bring Senkyuu/Battle Balls.
majors

Post by majors »

I don't know about Bats or Pink, but Viper for sure will be running. Strider77 can't make it and usually brought some choices titles. I sort of dropped the ball on setting up the STG "meet" this year, I figured you'all switched to discord (I thought only old farts like me still use forums)
Wedoca '24
RecklessRave

Post by RecklessRave »

I was wondering if shmups at Mag was being discussed somewhere on Discord since I didn't see much about it here this year. I never attended the actual meet though so I certainly don't know where on discord that would even be. I've been mostly a lurker of this board for years though, only coming back to look during Mag season. :lol:
majors

Post by majors »

I finished up loading the truck and managed to squeeze in a Madonna that in running Dragon Saber.

Reckless-> I'm like you, I only check shmups for the yearly MAG thread :)
Wedoca '24
zakk

Post by zakk »

I'll drag garegga and batrider down with me.

I can also bring a Mistercade if we want some highly accurate fpga CPS-2. Just don't tell anyone it isn't real ;)
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Minzoku and I will be arriving a day early (on Wednesday). Majors, if you want to meet up somewhere to collect PCBs from me, let me know.

I'll just bring everything I listed. I can also bring Mushi Futari 1.5 if no-one is bringing BL. As usual, I assume we'll just stumble through the board swapping as usual. ;)
NostalgicGamer

Post by NostalgicGamer »

I'll be attending Magfest this year too! Will everyone be meeting up somewhere or sometime? I haven't attended for a few years, so I am excited to go back!

Let me know if anyone is coordinating a get together or wants to say hi!
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I'll be there for the first time in years!
NostalgicGamer

Post by NostalgicGamer »

I can bring my Twin Tiger Shark - not the SAME! PCB if there is interest?
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

I'm here too. I didn't bring anything but let's hang and game!
majors

Post by majors »

Dropped in Garegga, Gun bird and In The Hunt. If any one is keeping tabs on this thread

Best way to meet with me is in museum. We are storing folk's PCBs up there.
Wedoca '24
majors

Post by majors »

Thanks again to Kiken and Zakk for lugging out their PCBs for everyone to play. Sorry if we couldn't get everything running but I got stuck off site for most of Saturday (that's on me). If I didn't meet any of you, hopefully we can rectify that next year. This forum is still the best place for planning for "STG MAG meet" IMO.

I hope everyone had a enjoyable and successful MAGFest and we'll see you fools next year!
Wedoca '24
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

It was great seeing everybody again, getting to hang out, talk shop and play some stuff! We'll see you all again next year. :)
yuberus

Post by yuberus »

ubersaurus here (can't remember my old password and apparently never set up an email on my old account for recovery). I think the only person I spotted up at Mag was Majors on Saturday night but it was a very nice setup of games ya'll brought!

Would love to see a good shmupmeet this year now that the kid's a bit older and I can get away from the house a bit more readily. Might actually be cool to rent out a venue for a day for some good space to work with.
Formerly Ubersaurus
Creator and author of Atari Archive, the chronological history of the Atari VCS and its library!
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

yuberus wrote:ubersaurus here (can't remember my old password and apparently never set up an email on my old account for recovery). I think the only person I spotted up at Mag was Majors on Saturday night but it was a very nice setup of games ya'll brought!

Would love to see a good shmupmeet this year now that the kid's a bit older and I can get away from the house a bit more readily. Might actually be cool to rent out a venue for a day for some good space to work with.
Where would you think of having it?
yuberus

Post by yuberus »

There's a few places that get used for fighting game, speedrunning, and smash bros events in the area - MAP in Baltimore, Xanadu in Laurel, and Cave in Fairfax. Cave would actually be kind of sick, since they have a Pandora Box and a couple Exa cabinets, one of which has the Touhou game on there (and I think Dodonpachi? I'd have to double check). MAP's got a multigame cabinet too. All three have a supply of CRTs and modern monitors, and Xanadu has a nice PVM as well.

Alternately Spinners Arcade up in Frederick has a room you can rent out for birthday parties that we could probably repurpose. Of course if folks want to run stuff on candy cabs house sessions are probably still ideal but for consoles, or emulators, or superguns, there are certainly good local options.
Formerly Ubersaurus
Creator and author of Atari Archive, the chronological history of the Atari VCS and its library!
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

I just made another thread if the locals were interested in coming out to my place again. It's been a while!

My second candy, a New Net City, made a surprise appearance at MAGFest last minute - it was the one running TGM3 all weekend. Big thanks to majors, Kiken, and my crew for getting it ready to play right on time!