shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:05 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Taito HEY Akihabara Tokyo meetup in December 2022
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:17 pm 

Gauging interest in this. Who is gonna be in Tokyo and what dates? Please post in this thread!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Taito HEY Akihabara Tokyo meetup in December 2022
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:23 am 

Well, that place is like 25 minutes away from my house, so yeah. I was just there on Sunday, and they have 1941 Counter Attack, R-Type, R-Type II, R-Type Leo, Darius, Darius II, Dariusburst EX, V-V, Tatsujin Ou, Thunder Dragon 2, Battle Garegga, Dogyuun!!, a bunch of CAVE stuff, Radiant Silvergun, RayForce, RayStorm, RayCrisis, and a lot more other things.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:10 pm 

Pleased to meet ya! Thanks so much for the list of games currently there. I've gotten a reply from trap15 so that's makes three of us. Anymore interested?

--the F-man

Steven wrote:
Well, that place is like 25 minutes away from my house, so yeah. I was just there on Sunday, and they have 1941 Counter Attack, R-Type, R-Type II, R-Type Leo, Darius, Darius II, Dariusburst EX, V-V, Tatsujin Ou, Thunder Dragon 2, Battle Garegga, Dogyuun!!, a bunch of CAVE stuff, Radiant Silvergun, RayForce, RayStorm, RayCrisis, and a lot more other things.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:12 am 

Sure. I typically work on Saturdays, but I have so many leave days saved up that my company is forcing me to take a bunch of leave, so I might be able to do it on a Saturday depending on how busy work is and if they need me. Sundays are probably best.

I forgot to mention it before, but for anyone who has never been to Taito Hey before, BRING HEADPHONES. It's super loud in there and you almost certainly will not be able hear the game you are playing at all, but each of the cabinets has a headphone jack and a volume adjustment thingy on it. They have headphones there for people to use, but I'd rather use my own, especially with the potential risk of coronavirus from borrowed headphones. I'm sure they disinfect them, but they do just set them out on a rack in the middle of the arcade, so yeah.

BTW I'm complete garbage and the only arcade STGs I can actually clear are Slap Fight, Hishouzame, and 2P Same! Same! Same!, so you'll get to see how terrible I am in person lol

Offline Profile