GC games on Wii??

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
1up

GC games on Wii??

Post by 1up »

has it been confirmed that GC games will work on Wii?

if so I will be able to play Ikaruga again as my GC is dead
antron

Post by antron »

that is correct. keep your controllers and memory card, they will also work with the Wii.

hummm.... i wonder if that PSO hack will work?
Wolf44

Post by Wolf44 »

How did it die ?

What I really want to know is if Action Replay or Free Loader will work on Wii, all my imports work great other Gundam Piolets, I gave my old component plat cube away and have the new model in jet, which I heard the new ones have some issues with imports on freeloader and also the lasers are not always perfect.
Redemption is a word which has no meaning here, your lord and master is my dog and we feed him.
Inkvisitor

Post by Inkvisitor »

I'm guessing the PAL Wii will be rather worthless. Just as the PAL Gamecube. Ikaruga will skip on every 6th frame. And considering modchips take a while to catch on europeans will probably be forced to import it.

Are there any news on region free Wii ? It could atleast be region free for old GC games... but I don't think it will happen.

Nintendo DS is already region free so I don't see why the Wii can not.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Nintendo invented region lockout thats why.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
D

Post by D »

Inkvisitor wrote:I'm guessing the PAL Wii will be rather worthless. Just as the PAL Gamecube. Ikaruga will skip on every 6th frame.
:shock:
That must be the laziest PAL conversion ever, surely you are joking.
The PAL version also must have 60 hz option on the PAL GC right?
skip on every 6th frame is an emulation setting, very amuzing
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Inkvisitor wrote:I'm guessing the PAL Wii will be rather worthless. Just as the PAL Gamecube. Ikaruga will skip on every 6th frame. And considering modchips take a while to catch on europeans will probably be forced to import it.
That's actually the problem of developers (or guys doing the port), not the system. GC supports 60hz and it's up to the developers whether they choose to use it. As for why whoever published Ikaruga in Europe (Atari, was it?) didn't include 60hz for the PAL port is a mystery for the ages.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
elvis

Post by elvis »

Inkvisitor wrote:I'm guessing the PAL Wii will be rather worthless. Just as the PAL Gamecube. Ikaruga will skip on every 6th frame. And considering modchips take a while to catch on europeans will probably be forced to import it.
I'm praying the PAL Wii will offer the ability to play all GC games at 480p (ie: 60Hz). And I'm praying it will be region-free for all titles, virtual, GC and Wii.

With that said, I'm preparing myself for the bitter disappointment.
barakka

Post by barakka »

Hello,
Has it REALLY been confirmed that the wii will be able to use GC disks???
I'm worried since the wii's drive seems to be a 5,25" slot-in type, if I'm correct how can it use the 3" disks???
And even if it is a tray type, since it is always pictured in vertical position how can it hold the mini diskette in position??? :?
antron

Post by antron »