cabinet size...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
lmn4096

cabinet size...

Post by lmn4096 »

Hi
I would like to know the height from the floor to the joystick panel of an egret 3 or astro city cabinet.

and also if someone have a picture of the side of those sitedown cabinet, because I would like to know the angle of the screen.

thanx in advance :)
japtor

Post by japtor »

not at my cab now (id go and measure/take pics but i got to go soon), but the panel is just over my leg when sitting, which is around 22" according to this little tape measure. i dont have profile pictures, but uh heres some from other angles and pcbs and stuff of mine.

well and found this one i remember:
http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=flyer ... bs&id=3013
in the 3rd from left picture, with the little inset picture with the man/woman looking person shows it directly from the side, a little small but itll give you a sense of the angle.
lmn4096

Post by lmn4096 »

thank you for your reply :)

I checked the photo and it seems to be 57° for the screen.
I will place mine to 60° it's more conveniant.
and the 22" is under the joystick plate , I beleive ?
it would rise to 26" on the top of the joystick plate? well I guess.

gosh! you also have ketsui :o my dream. where did you get it ?
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Where were you going to get the Egret 3? I love that cab.
japtor

Post by japtor »

yeah 22" is the bottom part of the control area. actually just went down and measured it now. at the leading edge (towards player) its like 22.5", where it meets the cab body, its around 23-23.5". and the top (where the control panel itself is) is around 26", nice guess.

how exactly are you going to change the angle of the screen?

i got my ketsui from cosmic co i think. or excellent. one of those two, theyre where ive gotten all my pcbs, other than dangun, which i bought when i bought the cab.

and speaking of the egret 3, you know theres like a massive price difference between that and the astro right?
lmn4096

Post by lmn4096 »

thanks for the precious info :)

I don't have any egret 3 but I saw the pictures of it (with rajirugi) and felt in love with it.
too bad I don't found any sitdown cabinet for sale here in switzerland. I was planning to create one by myself, that's why I ask those info.

I also scaled down the cabinet coz my screen is a tv 21" tate with RGB scart input, but the height of the cabinet will be similar to an Astro.

the joysticks are 2 hori arcade pro modified.
japtor

Post by japtor »

are you going to gut the sticks (just use the top panel/stick/buttons) or just have a place for them on the control area (so theyre removable)? reason im asking is cause if you were planning to gut them, an alternative would be to get an actual arcade control panel, letting you keep the hori sticks intact.

i bought a sega one (ordered astro city, they sent blast city) from excellent, cost $138(usd). not sure if they do business with switzerland (theyre in hong kong) but its worth a shot if you want to try going that route. it was a 2 player layout, all sticks, buttons, and wiring all already set, and came with the screws to put it in place. course its only 6 buttons/player instead of 8 if thats a concern. you can sorta get away with a 4 button layout (neogeo) if you use the bottom left button as the first, and the top row for the other 3 buttons, cause the way the bottom row is offset to the left a little:

anyways just an idea. this lets you save the horis for anything else, or just sell them for some extra money. good luck on the project.