cocktail cabinets

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
1up

cocktail cabinets

Post by 1up »

anyone have experience with these? Reason I ask is because I live in a 1 room appartment or studio I think its called and I dont have a lot of room. A cocktail cabinet would fit right in and it would be cool to have a proper setup.

but sitting down and looking down into the table. I cant imagine that being comfortable for extended play sessions. Have anyone got one of these or can point me to a review?
stellarola

Post by stellarola »

You want a candy cabinet. www.candycabinetcity.com

:D
1up

Post by 1up »

stellarola wrote:You want a candy cabinet. www.candycabinetcity.com

:D
thats your site?? :D

is it just a list of cabinets or are they up for sale? what are the prices?

doesnt anybody have experience with cocktail cabinets`?
stuffmonger

Post by stuffmonger »

Cocktail machines are alright, but I also believe candy's are better by far. You can email matsu at gamemachine2003@hotmail.com . He has a bunch of cabs right now for sale... candy cabs only. I think the biggest issue with cocktail machines, is the fact that the players are on opposing sides from each other, and most games don't flip horizontally between player 1 and 2. So, unless you want to spend alot of money (and/or time) redesigning the machine to house both players on one side, I'd say go with the candy cab.

BTW stellarola> the Irem Madonna has a 23" monitor, not 25".
system11

Post by system11 »

A cocktail cab looks small, but actually when you look at the full floorspace used, they take up more room than a normal cab. If you're pushed for space get a proper oldschool upright cab. The sit-down ones look pretty (to some), but the full uprights generally have a smaller footprint, are shallower due to the control panel not sticking out, and you don't need to worry about having space to sit down in front of it.

Also, cocktails do get quite uncomfortable after a few games, in most cases. Depending on type, access to the PCB area can be a pain too - some require opening a large door down the bottom, and some require the glass to be lifted to open that door. If you're anything like me, that sucks because the sides of mine used to end up with stuff piled on them ;-)
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
antron

Post by antron »

where does one find candy cabs in the US? so far i have only seen one Blast City fishing game.
Arcatech

Post by Arcatech »