Original/ Homemade Arcade Cabinets

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
99pence

Original/ Homemade Arcade Cabinets

Post by 99pence »

Anyone got any pictures or links to gallerys with interesting original/ official/ hilarious/ homemade arcade cabinets?

Careful, this could be alot of fun and or inspirational.
"When we were talking to one of the executives at the BBC. And he said, 'Now hold on, this man is so incompetent why wouldn't he be fired?' and I said 'Go and take a look around this building. Just go and knock on a few doors.'" - Ricky Gervais
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I think GaijinPunch posted this a while back in OT.
http://www.disorder.org/crapmame/
GoPodular.com

Post by GoPodular.com »

Yes, our controllers work with the Xbox360.

Post by stellarola »

I respect the fact that they have the drive to build an arcade cabinet. Fact is, most of these guys don't really have "woodworking" skills. I tried to make a cabinet. It was uber ghetto. I ended up spending more money building something that looked terrible. I then grew a brain and realized my woodworking skills sucked..time to buy a candy cab! :wink:

-Ben
99pence

Post by 99pence »

Awesome.

Nice one.
"When we were talking to one of the executives at the BBC. And he said, 'Now hold on, this man is so incompetent why wouldn't he be fired?' and I said 'Go and take a look around this building. Just go and knock on a few doors.'" - Ricky Gervais
elvis

Post by elvis »

Here's mine:
http://benchmark.mameworld.net/cab1/

I'm no woodworking pro or anything, but it came out OK. I did it more for the fun factor than to try and make anything flash looking (generic black cab ahoy!). Plus it was shitloads cheaper than trying to find a place that sold cabs in my city (until of course 3 years later I started importing candies with a local businessman, which changed all of that).