Raiden Project - Score Saving Problems

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Halloween Jack

Raiden Project - Score Saving Problems

Post by Halloween Jack »

Hi Guys,

I'm currently playing Raiden 2 from the Raiden Project disc (Jap PSOne title) on a Jap PS2 - but I can't get the hardware to save to the memory card.

Tate / controller settings and scores will not save at all. Viewing memory card content reveals that no game data exists, so its not even leaving a footprint.

Is this due to a conflict between PS2 and PSone memory card formats?

Has anyone here experienced similar problems or found a way to resolve this?

Thanks

Halloween Jack
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

i think to solve this you must use a ps1 memory card in your ps2 when playing ps1 games
Halloween Jack

Post by Halloween Jack »

Excellent, thanks for the information. I'll dig out my old PSone card and test the theory.

Cheers

Halloween Jack
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

DC906270 is correct - PS1 games can only use PS1 memory cards. You can store the saves on a PS2 memory card (by copying them from one memory card to another through the PS2's browser), but this is for storage only.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
PC Engine Fan X!

I save some of my important PSX saves on my PS2 cards...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I like the assurance of Sony 1st party memory cards (whether they are the original PSX/PSone/PS2 type of memory cards) as they have never failed me like the 3rd party produced memory cards for the PSX/PSone platform.

I do save some very important PSX/PSone game saves on several of my PS2 1st party memory cards for posterity. I even have a Korean version PS2 "Crystal" clear colored memory card that Fry's Electronic Superstores sells. Very cool looking crystal clear memory card from SCEI...this particular foreign PS2 1st party memory card isn't sold through SCEA's normal distribution channels anyways.

Of course, I'd have to say that MadCatz's current generation 32x PSone memory cards are ace in my book as it has the capacity to store upto 32 megs of PSX game save data on a single memory card without the need for data compression. I've got two other PSX 3rd party Mega Memory cards but they aren't as reliable as the Madcatz produced versions.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~