What's the best stick for SNES?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
CIT

What's the best stick for SNES?

Post by CIT »

I'm looking for the ideal stick for Super Famicom/SNES.

This one seems like the best:

Anybody got it, or have any experience with it?
theevilfunkster

Post by theevilfunkster »

I have one of these official sticks, it's ok but it's mot microswitched.

I suppose you could always use a Hrap or something similar with a PS>SNES adapter or would there be too much lag?
stuffmonger

Post by stuffmonger »

theevilfunkster wrote:I have one of these official sticks, it's ok but it's mot microswitched.

I suppose you could always use a Hrap or something similar with a PS>SNES adapter or would there be too much lag?
How hard would it be to swap out those buttons for sanwa or the uber-skinny sanwa clones? I don't know how the snes controls are wired up.
SAM

Post by SAM »

stuffmonger wrote:
theevilfunkster wrote:I have one of these official sticks, it's ok but it's mot microswitched.

How hard would it be to swap out those buttons for sanwa or the uber-skinny sanwa clones? I don't know how the snes controls are wired up.
Well, if you want Sanwa stick and buttons. You should make it yourself using an used SNES joy pad's PCB. :o
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

I actually had one of these back in 1992...
Probably the first commercially available joystick with all arcade parts (the microswitches were genuine Happy cherry switches). It was only sold for a short time after SF2 was released and only EBGames sold them (list price was $69.99), but it was a great stick. A little hollow feeling at first thanks to the casing, but top notch nonetheless.