Help! My Raiden DX PCB has furry sound!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
maxlords

Help! My Raiden DX PCB has furry sound!

Post by maxlords »

I don't know how else to explain it....but the sound on the Raiden DX board I got is...well...furry. It's got some sort of static-like interference and it sounds kind of muted when I run it on my Egret. First game I've EVER had sound like this and I'm wondering if it's a fluke and the game is designed for a different sound setup, or what. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh yeah, popped another board in and the sound was fine...it's definitely the board and not the cab! :)
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

You probably have the economy (China) version Raiden DX. Shitty sound chips.
SAM

Post by SAM »

It's just a random guess, since I don't got a Raiden DX board. :o

Does your PSU got the -5V line? Some board actually need -5V power supply to work normally. e.g. Donkey Kong, Kiki KaiKai. :roll:
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
maxlords

Post by maxlords »

oxtsu wrote:You probably have the economy (China) version Raiden DX. Shitty sound chips.
Yup, it's an official board, but it's a Rev. 2 Chinese one. It just has bad sound? Anything that can be done to fix it aside from selling it and buying the Jp one? :D
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

Yeah, others have complained about it before with Raiden I-II-DX China version. Even though it is official Seibu, the sound chips are supercheap compared to Japan version. I'm not aware of any way to change it. Unless some white knight appears, time to get the other board or turn down the volume. Sorry!
SAM

Post by SAM »

maxlords wrote:
oxtsu wrote:You probably have the economy (China) version Raiden DX. Shitty sound chips.
Yup, it's an official board, but it's a Rev. 2 Chinese one. It just has bad sound? Anything that can be done to fix it aside from selling it and buying the Jp one? :D
Oh, I should have thought of that. :o

What I head is it sound is okay, but it got only very few BGM, and they have been shortern alot. Anyway moding the PBC is really risky and not recommended, unless you are following the instruction of somebody who has moded it successfully...

As this moment, there is no cure as oxtsu had said.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
maxlords

Post by maxlords »

Noted :) Anyone want a Raiden DX board? Would love to trade it for a Toaplan board I don't have! LOL
PC Engine Fan X!

I've got a Raiden DX PCB w/ "bad graphics" but goo

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I won an eBay auction that Dave K. was going to bid on for a used Seibu Kaihatsu Raiden DX. When I got it, it turns out that the sound is perfect but has the case of "bad graphics".
Maxlords, I suppose with your 100% working "graphics-wise" Raiden DX and my 100% working "sound-wise" Raiden DX PCB = together with mixed and matched graphic + sound chips = 100% complete working Raiden PCB from two semi-partial working Raiden DX PCBs.

I have a USA Bios region Fabtek licensed version Raiden DX PCB if that helps.

What Taoplan PCB were you looking for anyways?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

PCEFX I doubt you could mix/match the two board revisions, as they are quite disimilar in size as well as chipsets. Nice idea though.