SCART to component + audio converter?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
gundamalpha

SCART to component + audio converter?

Post by gundamalpha »

does such converter exist? i've seen quite a few different converters with SCART-to-component capability but without the stereo output and although i know how to hack them i'm just not confident to do so. hope someone can solve my problem by showing me such converter exist or even selling me a modded one :P
SAM

Re: SCART to component + audio converter?

Post by SAM »

gundamalpha wrote:does such converter exist? i've seen quite a few different converters with SCART-to-component capability but without the stereo output.
I notice this too myself. It seems that most manufactours left out the audio from the SCART input.
gundamalpha wrote:and although i know how to hack them i'm just not confident to do so. hope someone can solve my problem by showing me such converter exist or even selling me a modded one :P
I myself use a convertor like this.
http://www.highway.net.au/img_parts/img_2005.jpg
I hacked it by adding the audio RCA out jacks. It's easy, all you need is to know the SCRAT pinout and connect wires to the audio pins. The audio pins are left unconnect within the convertor.

What the SCART singal from by the way. I know some console (PlayStation, DreamCast, PlayStation 2, etc.) SCART cables do have seperate Audio RCA jacks.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
gundamalpha

Post by gundamalpha »

i've seen that before SAM, and the reason why i wouldn't want to hack it myself is because i have very bad soldering skills :oops:

i'm planning to use it for saturn, cdx, playstation, nintendo's consoles and dreamcast and not too happy with s-video, so i need one of these so badly. i have a xrgb2+ but i don't have a big enough monitor to satisfy, and my tvs can't accept vga.

where are you exactly from SAM? so only said you are from a tiny island which no one would know, well, may be i do :P
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I have a RGB to component video transcoder. You need a scart break out adaptor like this one for all your needs.

Its simply a female to male scart adaptor, but it seperates the audio and svideo signals so the relevant cables can be used. It will work with transcoders that do not have audio throughput and you can use conventional RGB SCART leads from Europe instead of hacking individual cables.

If you want to see more examples go to

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=sca ... a=N&tab=wi
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
D

Post by D »

neorichieb1971 wrote:I have a RGB to component video transcoder. You need a scart break out adaptor like this one for all your needs.

Its simply a female to male scart adaptor, but it seperates the audio and svideo signals so the relevant cables can be used. It will work with transcoders that do not have audio throughput and you can use conventional RGB SCART leads from Europe instead of hacking individual cables.

If you want to see more examples go to

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=sca ... a=N&tab=wi
Exactly this is what I used to make my Console to JAMMA adapter.
Works great. Great to steal audio from SCART cables to feed directly to your stereo equipment as well.
No-one should be without these, and they're like 2 EUROs on any open outside markets (the ones where they sell fruit, clothes, etc.)
SAM

Post by SAM »

neorichieb1971 wrote:Its simply a female to male scart adaptor, but it seperates the audio and svideo signals so the relevant cables can be used. It will work with transcoders that do not have audio throughput and you can use conventional RGB SCART leads from Europe instead of hacking individual cables.
Sound a good idea, IIRC such a transcoder cost $10 max.

Employ such a transcoder together with a SCART to Conponent video converter w/o audio out, you could then got both Conponent Video and Autio from the consold SCART output.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
gundamalpha

Post by gundamalpha »

neorichieb1971 wrote: Image
neat. may i know where to get one of those? i can't seem to find it on ebay, mainly because i don't know what to key in on the search engine
benj

Post by benj »

gundamalpha

Post by gundamalpha »

benj wrote:
There you go.
i'm afraid that's quite different from what i'm looking for. anyway willthis work?
benj

Post by benj »

neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/AD007.html

http://www.astarsolutions.co.uk/product ... c=e&sc=120

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Hi-Fi&TVaccesso ... aptors.htm
(NX-SCT-045)

http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr525.html

I would just pay someone in the UK via paypal on this website and get them to send it to you after testing it. You could of course just get it sent directly if the website does international. Some sites are tax free in the UK if your outside of the UK, this would save you a bit.

There won't be anything like this in the USA. Unless there is some kind of speciality store in the USA that does SCART adaptors.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

gundamalpha wrote:
benj wrote:
There you go.
i'm afraid that's quite different from what i'm looking for. anyway willthis work?
It will work, but its bulky and comes with a 220V power supply, which if internal would require a step up transformer. If its external (likely) you just need a radio shack cube type adaptor I would imagine. Bit risky, shipping would be higher too.

Taken from the 3rd link in the above post which is related to the same item your talking about from that ebay auction -

NX-SCT-016
Automatic Scart adaptor which detects the operating mode of equipment to switch the input on. Plug DVD, Satellite receiver, VCR, into the Automatic scart spitter, and the end socket into your TV. Audio connections available as outputs to feed your Hi-Fi Audio, comes with power supply.
D

Post by D »

For searching I'd say searcg for "scart" and then browse through all of the results