Bland color on my new flat screen TV.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dylan1CC

Bland color on my new flat screen TV.

Post by Dylan1CC »

OK, while I save for an HD I needed a new TV (as my parents' old tube flatlined so they are currently using my RCA stereo) for gaming. I got a 24 inch flat screen Sanyo with composite, component, and S-video. Figured it was a pretty good deal for $195. I currently only have Composite because that is all my old TV offered. It's sort of wobbly for TATE but my entertainment stand accomodates it so whatever.

Anyways, why does my old RCA stereo TV have much better looking color? Just tried the TV 15 minutes ago. The new TV has better clarity of course, but everything in Mushihime looks so bland. The color tones are barely above that of shmups like Battle Garegga and I have the color bar cranked to the max. The bright pink/violet bullets are now a muted dark purple, things that used to be bright green look like pea soup, ect. Will component give me more varied color? If this is what it's gonna be like, I will just take it back and shell out $100 more for a cheapo LCD, or just give it to my parents as a gift and take back my old RCA. Sad, but this thing has some of the dullest color I have ever seen in a TV set.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Well, taking the TV back today. Good thing too, because I decided to give it another shot last night so I played Radiant Silvergun which looked better but not by much. Then the clincher, I tried running my DVD player with component and the picture was all blue, reseated the cables and everything. Piece of junk. Learned my lesson. Don't compromise on a TV.
elvis

Re: Bland color on my new flat screen TV.

Post by elvis »

Dylan1CC wrote:Figured it was a pretty good deal for $195.
I think I found your problem. :)