Wiring Harness for MVS-4-25

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
chickadee

Wiring Harness for MVS-4-25

Post by chickadee »

Anyone know where I can buy an already made JAMMA harness specifically for the four slot. I have a MV-1C in my cab right now but I doubt you can just hook that harness directly to a four slot. Besides, I would like to have a harness for each board anyway.

I've had a 4 slot collecting dust for 3 years now and I REALLY want to use it, but I have no wiring skills whatsoever (even though I do have the original manual)

Let me know if its near impossible to get a full harness (im talking everything wired; pushbuttons, monitor, coin slot, speakers, etc,).

Appreciate it :!:
SAM

Re: Wiring Harness for MVS-4-25

Post by SAM »

chickadee wrote:Anyone know where I can buy an already made JAMMA harness specifically for the four slot. I have a MV-1C in my cab right now but I doubt you can just hook that harness directly to a four slot. Besides, I would like to have a harness for each board anyway.
I think the harness for single slot and four slots Neo-Geo is the same. Since they are both JAMMA.
chickadee wrote:Let me know if its near impossible to get a full harness (im talking everything wired; pushbuttons, monitor, coin slot, speakers, etc,).
Well, since Neo-Geo meachine has been out for years, I think there are no new cables being sold wired specifically for Neo-Geo 4 slots meachine.

The easilist way would be doing it yourself. I guess all it needs is to wire one or two more buttons. That should be a very easy task.
chickadee wrote: I've had a 4 slot collecting dust for 3 years now and I REALLY want to use it, but I have no wiring skills whatsoever (even though I do have the original manual)
Well, you could try to find someone here to wire the additional buttons and send the JAMMA harness to you, but then you would have to reconnect all the wires to the PSU, monitor, buttons, coin slot & speaker of your cab, wouldn't that be more troublesome then just add a wire for the additional button to your existing JAMMA harness?

By the way, I do consider 4 slots meachine once, but then how it operate? Does it exit to the game select menu every time you got gameover? If then, you would have reload the game each time for each credit, since you normally won't switch games each credit, won't that costing mroe trouble than the benifit for not having to switch off and swop cart?
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
thegreathopper

Post by thegreathopper »

MV1C is jamma but a 2,4,6 slot is not jamma, these are all stereo output only.

You do not need a new harness, what you do need is 1 cable added to the speakers, a common earth. very simple to do. for more info see neo-geo.com.....
Fight war not wars
D

Post by D »

The question is, what do you want it to connect to?
Do you have a cab?
Supergun?
you already have a JAMMA compatible cable right?
Or did you just buy a cab/supergun without the JAMMA cable?
I think you are missing a little knowledge, which we will provide you with.
What is your setup like?
You can find pinouts of the neogeo jamma specs on several sites.
Take the following differences in regard:
4th button for both player 1 and player 2.
game select button (actually there are two, but one will suffice)
The mentioned stereo pinout?
The rest should be the same.
You can just hook it up to any jamma cable, but abovementioned differences might not fully work. But you work around them, some games dont even need the fourth buttons!
chickadee

Post by chickadee »

I own a NeoGeo cabinet with a MV-1C (i guess factory wired). I dont want to rewire the existing harness on the MV-1C right now.

I'm just looking for a harness thats at least close to the 4 slot configuation.

I have the original manuals for the MV-1C, and the MVS-4-25 so I have the JAMMA charts. I was just hoping someone knew of any premade harness'.

I've been looking to hook the 4slot up for 3 years now i'm just scared to blow my monitor, PCB, power supply or all three. It's just I went through so much to get that cab, i'm scared to do any wiring (I don't even solder my own arcade sticks).

I guess i'll just go ebay some spare jamma harnesses.

Appreciate all the help :!:

Side note: The way I acquired the 4slot was, I called some local pinball dealer asking if he could fix my cabinet monitor. Long story short he said he would sell me a monitor, 4slot and 4mvs games for $200. I was like :shock: SOLD! STEAL! The monitor(Zenith) worked flawlessly; no burn in and was as vibrant and crisp as can be.
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

Try this guy: http://www.hardmvs.com/html/wireShop.htm

Otherwise, you can try Bob Roberts who sells a bunch of arcade parts.
http://www.hardmvs.com/html/bobRoberts.htm
D

Post by D »

The problem is not the JAMMA connection.
The problem is what do the connectors look like that you connect the JAMMA cable to the cabinet to?
You'd want to buy a cable that fits into your cab.

I take no responsability in the following, but, and somebody please confirm this.
I don't think you can harm anything by just connecting the 4slot.
In the most extreme conditions, your speakers might be damaged, but I highly doubt that will happen. two + signals into your speakers might damage them, not sure.
Just disconnect the speakers. There ought to be seperate speaker connectors, unplug em and connect the 4slot.
But let somebody else confirm this.
So you don't even know if it (still) works at all?
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

D wrote:The problem is not the JAMMA connection.
The problem is what do the connectors look like that you connect the JAMMA cable to the cabinet to?
You'd want to buy a cable that fits into your cab.

I take no responsability in the following, but, and somebody please confirm this.
I don't think you can harm anything by just connecting the 4slot.
In the most extreme conditions, your speakers might be damaged, but I highly doubt that will happen. two + signals into your speakers might damage them, not sure.
Just disconnect the speakers. There ought to be seperate speaker connectors, unplug em and connect the 4slot.
But let somebody else confirm this.
So you don't even know if it (still) works at all?
From what I'm reading, it should work without any issues, then again I can't personally confirm since I own an MV-1C:

Q: Will the motherboards work in a JAMMA cabinet?
A: They will all work, but are not 100% JAMMA compliant

Q: What does that mean?
A: The 1 slot boards are the closest to JAMMA, but have the addition of a 4th button. Some of the 1 slot boards have an external connector to run Stereo sound instead of the mono JAMMA sound.

Q: What about the other boards?
A: The 2, 4, and 6 slot boards are wired to what I would call the MVS standard. It is almost the same as JAMMA, but have the additional 4th button, a select button, and Stereo sound out of the harness instead of an external connector. The test switch is also in a different location than the JAMMA test switch.
http://www.hardmvs.com/html/MVSfaq.htm