PS2 Slim Imports?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dale

PS2 Slim Imports?

Post by Dale »

I,m going to buy a PS2 Boot Disk to play imports on, the thing is I have a newer slim model PS2 what are my options what version should I get? And what Japenese Shmups should I get that are reasonably priced? And I'm having trouble finding a good local Import Dealer in Michigan could someone help me find this as well.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

The only boot disc you can get is Swap Magic, which comes with both a DVD and CD, to swap the respective discs. I believe the latest version is still 3.6 but it doesn't really matter as long as it's a 3.x. All you have to do with a slim is block the sensors that recognize when there's a disc in your PS2 and use Swap Magic. Every PS2 shooter works with Swap Magic except Chouaniki.

Psyvariar 2 is generally reasonably priced, as are the Psikyo Collections.
ReKleSS

Post by ReKleSS »

Regarding the sensor thing, I'm using the magic switch, which is designed for the slim ps2. One piece sticks onto the switch at the front right - this one was really weak and broke, but I kind of make it work with some tape. Another one holds the drive brake (back right) in place, the third gets pushed down the left lid hinge to block the last sensor (annoying to install). The alternative is to pull the ps2 open and manually tape up all the sensors - your call. Anyhow, the swap magic 3.6 boots the Cave games on PS2, and that's all I've concerned myself with so far.
-ReK