Problems with mame savestates

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
freddiebamboo

Problems with mame savestates

Post by freddiebamboo »

Recently got a new PC and finally got round to sticking mame on it.

Works fine and all except for some games not allowing savestates (DDP and Dangun).

Just get a message about pending anonymous timers.

Any help would be appreciated.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

If I am not mistaken, save states on Mame isn't supported in more than 98% of the games. The feature is there, but you should use it at your own risk.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Switch to an older version. I had mame 0.98 or something around this release, worked flawless with all cave titles and the savestates. I don`t know why newer releases bitch about "pending timers" or that, but some roms don`t work with NEWER releases of MAME. For instance, R-Type Leo worked in mame 0.98 but didn`t run in MAME 1,04 or something.

I guess this has something to do with all this "accuracy" thing. But on the official MAME page you won`t find 0,98 which I can strongly recommend.
TalkingOctopus

Post by TalkingOctopus »

I have used mame .66 to save state in DDP and ESPrade. It's a great way to practice those later levels!
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Yeah, I use to make my own "level practice" savestates too. Especially in games like DDP with easy first levels that get hard very soon, so I don`t have to play level 1 over and over again. One of the many conveniences of emulation 8)
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

By the way, here`s a link to a really neat article written by a fellow countryman of yours:

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/mameover.htm

Definitely worth a read. I didn`t know much about MAME before I read this, and it`s very entertaining.