Warning: Sanwa buttons

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
D

Warning: Sanwa buttons

Post by D »

OBSN-30RG buttons suck. They are turdelicious.
I thought they came with microswitches. they don't.
Dumb me.
Just to avoid anybody else having the same feeling I say don't get them. They feel like they're worth 1 cent.
The screw is really cheap as well, very flexible and seem too wide, so what happens is that the screw bents as you try to screw them on.
I can imagine it's possible for people to hijack these buttons from cabs, I think you can mutilate them just by turning them with force, the contacts might break even.
Also the contacts are really thin and tiny, they are not the same as the contacts for the Sanwa joysticks.
My cab has the same contacts for both joysticks and buttons. These buttons seem to have contacts for some kind of modern new cable type
But the biggest problem is usage. apart from the cheap feel, they operate very strange, just the slightest touch will make contact, there is no way of knowing when a button is pressed
Please somebody tell me: "Settle down D, you will get used to them in a month or so."
Michaelm

Post by Michaelm »

Ah C'mon D, atleast you've got an excuse for your crappy playing now :P
raiden

Post by raiden »

I think Sanwa buttons are not the most durable out there, but I still like them very much for the fact they are very easy to play with. The ultra-soft resistance makes it easy to tap on them for hours without your hands getting tired.
D

Post by D »

raiden wrote:I think Sanwa buttons are not the most durable out there, but I still like them very much for the fact they are very easy to play with. The ultra-soft resistance makes it easy to tap on them for hours without your hands getting tired.
Ok thanks, that comforts me.
Who said I play crappy?
Are you great?
yes
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

Pass the blunt.
Michaelm

Post by Michaelm »

I slightly altered what you were asking for in an attempt to comfort you.
To play worse than me though you should probably play without buttons at all.