PS2 Ultimate Tekken 5 deal--$69.99 @ Gamestop! + some ?'s

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
PC Engine Fan X!

PS2 Ultimate Tekken 5 deal--$69.99 @ Gamestop! + some ?'s

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I went over to my local Gamestop today at 11am sharp on Sunday morning (that's what time they open on Sundays in the USA). They had a single Ultimate Tekken 5 package deal for a mere $69.99 USD! I bought it right away thinking that it was $89.99 but paid a mere $75.15 USD (with tax included) for the entire deal. I was fucking thrilled!

Now for some questions about this "Limited Edition Hori produced Tekken 5 Arcade Stick":

1.) What Hori arcade stick is this "Limited Edition Tekken 5 Arcade Stick" based on?

2.) Are the push buttons on this "Tekken 5 Arcade Stick" Sanwa or Seimitsu type of push buttons or are they considered generic Hori push buttons?

3.) I didn't realize that this particular "Tekken 5 Arcade Stick" was so fucking HUGE! It practicularly dwarfs the original Hori produced PC Fighting Stick and the PS Fighting Stick series of arcade joysticks quite easily (and I thought that those particular early Hori produced console joysticks were considered "big"). ^_~

4.) Is the Japanese short-throw arcade joystick mounted on the Hori "Tekken 5" arcade stick itself, a Sanwa or Seimitsu based joystick or generic Hori produced arcade joystick?

5.) With so much spare room inside one of those Hori "Tekken 5" arcade sticks, you could put in a very compact MAK supergun setup inside one of those puppies and have a completely portable Japanese styled joystick & Supergun all rolled into one compact package. This Hori "Tekken 5" arcade stick is Fucking Ace all the way! ^_~

6.) I've never owned a Hori produced Real Arcade Pro joystick before and didn't realize their huge size and stature. ^_~

Thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions and/or further comments you have, fellow shmuppers...

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

You must be very excited.

I think this is the first time I've seen you swear in your posts.
Triple Lei

Post by Triple Lei »

As a moderator of Tekken Zaibatsu (and a... casual Tekken player), let me point to the "Playstation Joystick Knowledge Base" thread:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/sh ... adid=85629

The answers should be there... and if not, they're in some other stick thread (which I've saved somewhere).
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

1. Roughly similar in exterior design to the RAP1 although with cheaper materials, Hori stick, soldered buttons, no turbo switches, etc.

2. Hori.

4. Hori.

6. The RAPs are just as big as a US T5 stick.

EDIT: And if anybody else is interested in the T5 with arcade stick combo pack, you can find it at Outpost for about $60: http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4354175
TalkingOctopus

Post by TalkingOctopus »

EDIT: It's 49.99 in the link right above this post!
Last edited by TalkingOctopus on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Um, that's just a nonworking version of the link I posted. I said "about $60" because shipping comes out to about $11 or so, maybe depending on where you live.
TalkingOctopus

Post by TalkingOctopus »

Doh! Well it worked when I posted it. Didn't see it your post either. Sorry.